Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 12:05 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Nope, disagree strongly.
Your disagreement comes from a place of ignorance.

Any parent who has had to spank their children after other methods failed will testify that it is heartbreaking to administer a spanking.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Let me check... yep! Just another scumbag NFL thug who is overpaid, underworked, and needs a serious sentence brought upon him for his inhumane actions.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

The child who is at the mercy of his parents.
Yes, that's part of being a child - hence the reason I'm confused as to why you compare adult-to-adult interactions with parent-child interactions.

Quote:
Beating up people to teach them a lesson is either something you think is a good idea or a poor idea.
A parent-child whipping is not "beating up" anyone. I doubt too many people that were spanked as a child would look back and say their parents beat them up. LOL.

Quote:
Now, if you believe whipping, paddling, knocking people unconscious, etc. is a good way to teach people a lesson, please make your believes known to your employer, your family, and the legal system.

That way, if you do something that others want to stop doing, you can step up and take beating and/or whipping "like a man."
If my employer decides to whip me like a parent whips a child I will tell them to have fun as I laugh the whole time.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Your disagreement comes from a place of ignorance.

Any parent who has had to spank their children after other methods failed will testify that it is heartbreaking to administer a spanking.
Exactly. Some want to make it seem like every parent that has whipped a child is some sort of blood thirsty maniac that wants to cripple young children.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:14 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,272,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Yes, that's part of being a child - hence the reason I'm confused as to why you compare adult-to-adult interactions with parent-child interactions.
Every time I think I've maxed out on repulsion over your remarks, you come up with something new.

Quote:
A parent-child whipping is not "beating up" anyone. I doubt too many people that were spanked as a child would look back and say their parents beat them up. LOL.
You still seem to be equating spanking and whipping. The are NOT the same.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:

If my employer decides to whip me like a parent whips a child I will tell them to have fun as I laugh the whole time.
Did you see the pictures? We are not talking about a swat on the butt here. Rather, bloody welts a week later across the thighs, hands and testicles.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
What he did was NOT "a few smacks on the butt"
I was giving you an analogy that had nothing to do with AP.

You said whipping a child is equivalent to knocking out a grown woman. I'm pointing out that those two acts are totally different.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Did you see the pictures? We are not talking about a swat on the butt here. Rather, bloody welts a week later across the thighs, hands and testicles.
My comments were in reference to whipping in general as some want to equate all whipping with nearly killing someone.

The pictures I saw of this case were perhaps a little harsh, but I've definitely seen similar or worse. I saw a few small nicks that could've broken the skin a little. The red marks are pretty normal for a switch whipping.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:25 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
My comments were in reference to whipping in general as some want to equate all whipping with nearly killing someone.

The pictures I saw of this case were perhaps a little harsh, but I've definitely seen similar or worse. I saw a few small nicks that could've broken the skin a little. The red marks are pretty normal for a switch whipping.
I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your thighs and testicles. Have a nice day.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:26 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
Quote:
I was giving you an analogy that had nothing to do with AP.

You said whipping a child is equivalent to knocking out a grown woman. I'm pointing out that those two acts are totally different.
No they're totally different. Janay Palmer was a grown woman who engaged in a physical altercation with her fiance, got knocked out and made a conscious decision to stay with him. Peterson's son was a helpless four year-old who's father left lacerations up and down his body because he committed the unforgivable sin of pushing his cousin. Janay didn't deserve to be beaten but the child did? I'm not following the logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events