Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times

Advertisements

i think she should be fired on the spot, she teaching our kids, and that just bad behavior, its like having a child molester as a teacher, as long as it not during school hours, oh it be ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
For an English teacher, she's got mad skillz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Please adjust your tinfoil.
Where's that peeing my pants laughing smily when I need him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Obvious homosexual? Are they waving around gay pride flags as they prance through the dinning room singing Cindy Lauper songs?
Only gay people sing Cyndi Lauper songs? I'm glad I found this out. People have been getting the wrong idea about me for decades! Might explain why I was invited to a gay cruise once...

Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,695 times
Only gay people sing Cyndi Lauper songs? I'm glad I found this out. People have been getting the wrong idea about me for decades! Might explain why I was invited to a gay cruise once... [/quote]

I think the dead giveaway was the repeated suggestive selling of appletinis.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:21 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Duncanville teacher resigns over controversial tweet

Duncanville teacher resigns over controversial tweet

"A Duncanville teacher has resigned from her job as an English teacher less than one week after a tweet she wrote spurred accusations of racism.
Vinita Hedwood announced her resignation in a statement released Thursday afternoon by the Texas American Federation of Teachers."

Old 11-14-2014, 10:16 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You don't seem to get it. I am not disputing that current law allows them to do this. I am saying that we need to add protections to the law in order to protect free speech from people such as yourself. I have no desire to have my speech controlled by liberal activist groups who have made inroads into major employers. The argument about employees costing the boss money does not hold water. Here is an example for you, how about customers who wont dine in places with an openly gay waiter. There are MANY people who wont let an obvious homosexual touch their food, so that gay waiter is running off customers and costing the employer money. This is especially true if the restaurant is in a conservative religious area, it could potentially really hurt a business if the locals just wont deal with it. I bet you don't support that employers rights do you?? I know your going to say its a civil rights issue, save your breath, but the concept is the same.
There are already federal laws regarding employee rights, protecting against discrimination for race, sex, disabilities etc. It's already covered and has nothing to do with the OP's topic, making your argument completely irrelevant.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
There are already federal laws regarding employee rights, protecting against discrimination for race, sex, disabilities etc. It's already covered and has nothing to do with the OP's topic, making your argument completely irrelevant.
My argument is not irrelevant, you just don't like it. You like the fact that employers can fire people for the things they say and want it to stay that way. Just because you don't like what I said does not make it "irrelevant".

Old 11-14-2014, 12:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
My argument is not irrelevant, you just don't like it. You like the fact that employers can fire people for the things they say and want it to stay that way. Just because you don't like what I said does not make it "irrelevant".
Why should a company be required to keep someone that creates a hostile work environent?

Old 11-14-2014, 12:27 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,906,411 times
Quote:
Dude I am not sure what you are asking for, the below labor laws are already on the books and it covers just about any workplace discrimination you can think of. These are just federal laws, lets not even get started with state laws:

•EEOC (responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.) There is also a whistleblower clause.
•The Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA)
•The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)
•Executive Order 11246
•Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
•Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA )
•Title III of the ADA
•The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
•The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA)
•Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act
•Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
•Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
•The Social Security Act
•The Fair Labor Standards Act
•National Labor Relations Act
•Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866
•Workers Compensation Law
•Title I of Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

Now do you want another law like below?
•National Act to Protect Employees Who Write Stupid Stuff on Internet

Old 11-14-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Only gay people sing Cyndi Lauper songs? I'm glad I found this out. People have been getting the wrong idea about me for decades! Might explain why I was invited to a gay cruise once...
I think the dead giveaway was the repeated suggestive selling of appletinis. [/quote]

No Appletini's in "Time After Time." I'm old school!

Old 11-14-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

•EEOC (responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.) There is also a whistleblower clause.
•The Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA)
•The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)
•Executive Order 11246
•Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
•Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA )
•Title III of the ADA
•The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
•The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA)
•Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act
•Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
•Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
•The Social Security Act
•The Fair Labor Standards Act
•National Labor Relations Act
•Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866
•Workers Compensation Law
•Title I of Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

Now do you want another law like below?
•National Act to Protect Employees Who Write Stupid Stuff on Internet
Good gravy! That's a lot of Acts! Doesn't congress have anything to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events