Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 05:28 AM

672 posts, read 789,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Ok, So we have determined that he was clearly guilty of a criminal offense that resulted in the death of a child, and that criminal offense is a felony. If I drive drunk and kill a child I would not get less then 7 years of prison. he only got 32 month of which he will do 80%.

now can we go back to making fun of gays ?

Goodness, you are a spiteful, hateful person, aren't you? Perhaps the adage about there being no loathing like self loathing is true, or as Shakespeare put it, "Methinks doth protest too much"

Quote:
What does pot has to with it ?

There are millions of people who use pot and don't kill children.

The gay is simply a bad parent.

You have countries that are saying that gays can't be good parents, and then you have us with the popular vote that our favorite news channel sells us. World would be so much a better place if people learned to think for themselves.

The discussion if gays make good parents does not belong to us or our sympathy for the gays, it's science covered by sociology, psychology, statistics....
The Gay? Ooh, watch out, you might catch "The Gay".

As far as pot use, I would agree that it shows a lack of maturity, a lapse in good judgement, for the parents of small children to use recreational drugs or alcohol when caring for the kids. These substances leave a person impaired to deal with the kind of things that happen when small children are around. Your anecdote about millions of people who smoke pot not killing kids could also apply to millions of gay parents not killing kids. Or are you just talking about the gay men?

I also agree that the world would be a better place if people would learn to think, but to me, that means becoming educated, not some knee-jerk reaction. Do you want to emulate countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, most of Africa, Indonesia, Iran, etc? Sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
Your kidding me, that was to control overpopulation a population they could not sustain otherwise.

When US population reaches 4 billion and our GDP falls by 500%, you would be asking should we be producing more children then we can't feed.
You're possinbly unaware of all the Chinese infanticide of female babies because of this policy. Hmm. It's OK for the Chinese to dump baby girls in the gutter because they would otherwise be unable to try for a boy. Alrighty, then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
This thread just proves why we should ban all bigots from raising kids! <see what I just did there?>

Old 02-03-2015, 06:27 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
This doesn't have anything to do with the parents being gay, but rather with them being irresponsible parents--who loved weed more than they loved their child--who don't deserve to raise children. I pray they are never allowed to raise any other children. I believe in second chances, but that rule does not apply for me when talking about the life of children.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:19 AM

491 posts, read 471,951 times
Smoked weed and watched Game Of Thrones?

What the hell was this guy doing with a kid? He obviously wants to act like a kid himself. This is a horrible tragedy.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Maybe I'm overreacting. But it seems I'm always hearing news stories about some male babysitter doing some harm to a child either by intention or negligence.
You're not overreacting, you're just making stuff up.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Buzz Bee is infecting this thread with rational and compassionate discussion. Shame on you Buzz Bee for being a good person in a thread intended for hate!

Old 02-03-2015, 12:05 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Maybe I'm overreacting. But it seems I'm always hearing news stories about some male babysitter doing some harm to a child either by intention or negligence.

No, you are not overacting, but you are interpreting the situation somewhat incorrectly.

Many, too many; children (usually babies and toddlers) are murdered each year by the 16-29 year old heterosexual boyfriends of heterosexual young women, often teenagers. These children were left in the care of their mother's boyfriend. Who was babysitting.

Gay parenting does not appear to be a risk factor for child abuse. Nor does adoption.

The greatest single risk factor in child abuse and neglect appears to be young maternal age along with an unrelated and person living in the household or visiting and participating in child care frequently.
That unrelated person is generally the mother's boyfriend. Often the mother participates in the abuse.

Men, Gay or Straight can be fine parents, and there is no data to indicate otherwise.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:12 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
The OP is a massive bigot. Using this to incite hate. Immature. 1 incident involving a gay couple leaving their kid in the car, yet there are countless incidents of straight parents leaving their kid in the car.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:14 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
What the heck has GAYNESS got to do with it?

A female NZ SURGEON left her baby in the car recently, who also tragically died.

She was educated, straight, professional etc.

Exhaustion possibly played a role.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:58 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
What the heck has GAYNESS got to do with it?

A female NZ SURGEON left her baby in the car recently, who also tragically died.

She was educated, straight, professional etc.

Exhaustion possibly played a role.
New rule: no babies for surgeons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events