Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 05:36 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Someone should invent a child-left-in-car alarm. It would go off whenever you walked away from the car with a small child inside.
Or maybe parents should actually pay attention to their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
This kind of alarm would be useful to all kinds of people. Gay and straight, male and female, drunk and sober, parent and babysitter, cop and clerk, judge and felon, big and small, short and tall, everyone except deaf people who couldn't hear the alarm. Then all the news stories might be about deaf parents leaving their babies to die in their cars.
Good point... I've never heard of an arrestee dieing in the back seat of a police car after the cop forgot he was there. It's a shame that some parents pay less attention to their children than cops do to criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 07:56 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser
'I'm not a monster,' said Seth Jackson...No ***, YOU ARE THE MONSTER! Both of you are faken monsters.
YES HE IS!!!!!!!!!

All he cared about was WEED!!!!!!

Pathetic loser.............. ONLY 32 MONTHS?????

Old 02-17-2015, 04:54 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They roasted a kid alive in a car, I think they aught to roast in a car as well. Did we not just see another one of these ugly cases with the guy in Atlanta last summer. Maybe we can get a mini van and put both those guys in the van while its parked in a Phoenix mall parking lot in July. Lets roast them. I get that men don't have a "maternal instinct", and yes its often men who do this but still I don't get how anyone can forget a baby in the car. The guy in Atlanta last year is believed to have done it on purpose, while this guy says it was an accident. Still its sickening.

Agreed.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:59 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Hate to break this to you, but there have been plenty of mothers who forgot their babies in their cars. Lots of straight men too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=moth...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

It has nothing to do with "maternal instinct". Most of these parents don't do this intentionally (although it happens). It is heartbreaking and horrible, and awful in every way. It has nothing to do with this guy's sexuality.

It's awful of you to take this tragedy and turn it into an anti-gay rant.
THENWell , since others have done it, this must be forgiven.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:56 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
THENWell , since others have done it, this must be forgiven.
Why, yes, my post absolutely meant that it is OK to leave one's child in a hot car to bake to death insert roll eyes here.

You happen to be late to the party, alphamale. There was a whole bunch of hate speech that has since been removed from the original post that indicated that the reason that this happened is because the foster parents were gay, and because gay people didn't have the maternal instincts needed to care for children.

Don't be a moron by extrapolating garbage where there is none.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM

103 posts, read 97,775 times
As marijuana use becomes increasingly legal, these situations are going to increase. This is where the "Marijuana: It's Just Like Alcohol" line of BS falls apart. People that will never drink alcohol wlll be smoking pot. There will be more stoned, confused, stupid, spaced-out and unaware parents leaving children in hot cars, stoves burning overnight and starting fires, cars running with the emergency brake off, etc... and more dead children, house fires, car accidents, and other "unfortunate accidents" and everyone will stand around stupidly, wondering out loud why this sudden uptick in situations like these.

Symptoms of alcohol intoxication are easier spot, and test for.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer View Post
As marijuana use becomes increasingly legal, these situations are going to increase. This is where the "Marijuana: It's Just Like Alcohol" line of BS falls apart. People that will never drink alcohol wlll be smoking pot. There will be more stoned, confused, stupid, spaced-out and unaware parents leaving children in hot cars, stoves burning overnight and starting fires, cars running with the emergency brake off, etc... and more dead children, house fires, car accidents, and other "unfortunate accidents" and everyone will stand around stupidly, wondering out loud why this sudden uptick in situations like these.

Symptoms of alcohol intoxication are easier spot, and test for.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:04 AM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
As a father of two, I have to wonder: How does one forget kids in the car? No matter how stressed/tired you are, parent instinct always kicks in.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 AM

672 posts, read 789,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
As a father of two, I have to wonder: How does one forget kids in the car? No matter how stressed/tired you are, parent instinct always kicks in.
No, it really doesn't kick in, and yes, stress, lack of sleep, other factors do play a role. Especially when one is doing something outside of the normal routine. This phenomenon has increased dramatically since the introduction of front airbags, and kids being moved to the backseat. The fact that this continues to happen is simple proof that normally responsible adults, and sometimes those who aren't responsible, sometimes get distracted with tragic results. I am not talking about parents/ guardians who knowingly leave their kids in the car while they are doing something, because that happens, and it also happens that occasionally a parent will claim to have forgotten a child in the car when it is a case of intentional homicide. I am talking about the person who forgets to drop the child off somewhere, and parks, and doesn't notice the sleeping kid is still in the car.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:36 AM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
No, it really doesn't kick in, and yes, stress, lack of sleep, other factors do play a role. Especially when one is doing something outside of the normal routine. This phenomenon has increased dramatically since the introduction of front airbags, and kids being moved to the backseat. The fact that this continues to happen is simple proof that normally responsible adults, and sometimes those who aren't responsible, sometimes get distracted with tragic results. I am not talking about parents/ guardians who knowingly leave their kids in the car while they are doing something, because that happens, and it also happens that occasionally a parent will claim to have forgotten a child in the car when it is a case of intentional homicide. I am talking about the person who forgets to drop the child off somewhere, and parks, and doesn't notice the sleeping kid is still in the car.

Perhaps... Each individual is, in fact, different. I've never come close to that situation, however, no matter the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events