Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 11:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
The bottom line is it was not a racial shooting. That cop didn't shoot that 19 year old because he was black. He shot him because that black attacked him. It wouldn't have mattered if he was white, red, yellow or what color he was and it wouldn't have mattered what color the cop was. I'm white and I know for certain that if I attack a cop the results will be my end.
The bottom line is it was a racial shooting. That cop blundered his way into a deadly situation looking for trouble. There are no details to suggest the teen had killing a cop in mind. None. When cops are murdered it is nearly always an ambush. Geez. You really don't give black people much credit for ANY intelligence at all if you think we all think we can go mano y mano against an armed officer and hope to prevail. I would more believe that the teen wanted to suicide by cop than that he wanted to murder a cop. But I don't believe either is the case.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Maybe it seems that blacks are shot out of proportion to whites because they proportionally commit more violent crimes! Someone committing violent crime is much more likely to physically engage a police officer than someone say, shoplifting or a white collar criminal. False equivalency for the sake of political correctness at it's finest.
Why do you think blacks commit more violent crime than whites? Or even more crime period than whites? There are seven to eight times more whites than blacks and they commit three times more crime, of all kinds, than blacks. More drugs, more shoplifting, more rape, more armed robbery. About the only crime whites do not commit at a rate of three times blacks is murder. Blacks are tens of times more likely to be arrested than whites and hundreds of times more likely to be sentenced to prison than whites. Mountains of crime are committed by white people that get away scot free or they get probation or community service or other alternatives to incarceration. Violent felonies.

I know the truth. I've lived in all white areas since 2001. Whenever I go to traffic court I only see black people there. Our transit system is on a modified honor system. Trains are boarded randomly by officers or fare inspectors. If you cannot provide proof of valid fare its a $175.00 ticket. Typically officers work the entire train end to end. On two occasions off duty fare inspectors have singled me out for proof of fare. They don't ask for proof of fare from anyone else on the train. That's profiling and no one here has any problem with profiling. But there is this. There is no proof that blacks (which are few) are more likely not to have fare than whites. The opposite is true in fact.

Stop and frisk programs which are ostensibly handgun confiscation programs. In a million stops in NYC 1.8% of blacks and 3.8% of whites had illegal handguns when stopped. In a million stops only 30 thousand white men were stopped. The rest were black and some hispanics. A million stops in just a few black communities means the average black man is being stopped, questioned and sexually assaulted every two months on average! And only 1.8% of the time is the intrusion warranted. If an officer acting on no other evidence except the color of an individual he has seen decides to stop him and frisk him and the situation goes pear shaped and he ends up having to kill him.... that is a racially motivated shooting!

The riots and protests are not for the 1.8% of justified shootings where an officer was genuinely in danger. The riots and protests are for the 98% of shootings where race was the trigger for a situation that escalated to a shooting. Historians will look back on this period in time and realize it was a teachable moment. But the white peoples hearts were hardened and they refused to listen to the counsel of their common sense. They continued to heap up wrath against the day of anger. There have been glimpses... mere glimpses, of what that day would look like.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:32 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The bottom line is it was a racial shooting. That cop blundered his way into a deadly situation looking for trouble. There are no details to suggest the teen had killing a cop in mind. None. When cops are murdered it is nearly always an ambush. Geez. You really don't give black people much credit for ANY intelligence at all if you think we all think we can go mano y mano against an armed officer and hope to prevail. I would more believe that the teen wanted to suicide by cop than that he wanted to murder a cop. But I don't believe either is the case.

You were there and asked the cop why he shot the guy? Good to know

Old 03-12-2015, 03:01 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,026,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How many dead cops do you deem to be acceptable?
At least as many as die in other similar occupations such as firefighting. Lots of firefighters die every year fighting fires. Thats just the nature of the job. They get paid to put their lives on the line.

I expect cops to do the same. I expect cops to put their lives on the line the same way, and some of them will certainly get shot and killed. If they are not willing to take that risk, then they should find another line of work. But right now police are being trained to take absolute zero risk. If someone could even possibly be a threat to them, they just shoot them and ask questions later.

Anyway if you want to save cops lives, more of them are hit by cars while writing out traffic citations on the side of the road, then are shot. Put a stop to that activity, if you really want to reduce the number of cops killed in the line of duty.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:47 AM

922 posts, read 806,285 times
Well, protesting ain't gonna change anything since African Americans have been protesting since the 60s. Black cops accidentally shoot white kids all the time, the media and the government is just using this to distract people.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Why do you think blacks commit more violent crime than whites? Or even more crime period than whites? There are seven to eight times more whites than blacks and they commit three times more crime, of all kinds, than blacks. More drugs, more shoplifting, more rape, more armed robbery. About the only crime whites do not commit at a rate of three times blacks is murder. Blacks are tens of times more likely to be arrested than whites and hundreds of times more likely to be sentenced to prison than whites. Mountains of crime are committed by white people that get away scot free or they get probation or community service or other alternatives to incarceration. Violent felonies.

I know the truth. I've lived in all white areas since 2001. Whenever I go to traffic court I only see black people there. Our transit system is on a modified honor system. Trains are boarded randomly by officers or fare inspectors. If you cannot provide proof of valid fare its a $175.00 ticket. Typically officers work the entire train end to end. On two occasions off duty fare inspectors have singled me out for proof of fare. They don't ask for proof of fare from anyone else on the train. That's profiling and no one here has any problem with profiling. But there is this. There is no proof that blacks (which are few) are more likely not to have fare than whites. The opposite is true in fact.

Stop and frisk programs which are ostensibly handgun confiscation programs. In a million stops in NYC 1.8% of blacks and 3.8% of whites had illegal handguns when stopped. In a million stops only 30 thousand white men were stopped. The rest were black and some hispanics. A million stops in just a few black communities means the average black man is being stopped, questioned and sexually assaulted every two months on average! And only 1.8% of the time is the intrusion warranted. If an officer acting on no other evidence except the color of an individual he has seen decides to stop him and frisk him and the situation goes pear shaped and he ends up having to kill him.... that is a racially motivated shooting!

The riots and protests are not for the 1.8% of justified shootings where an officer was genuinely in danger. The riots and protests are for the 98% of shootings where race was the trigger for a situation that escalated to a shooting. Historians will look back on this period in time and realize it was a teachable moment. But the white peoples hearts were hardened and they refused to listen to the counsel of their common sense. They continued to heap up wrath against the day of anger. There have been glimpses... mere glimpses, of what that day would look like.

As long as White America is the majority, there will never be any REAL JUSTICE. But guess what? White americans will be the minority in 20 years, what goes around will come around.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:50 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
I don't want to appear a total ingrate... but... I'll hold out for one more such story before I capitulate. My theory still holds.
Nope. It only takes one negative to disprove theory.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
At least as many as die in other similar occupations such as firefighting. Lots of firefighters die every year fighting fires. Thats just the nature of the job. They get paid to put their lives on the line.

I expect cops to do the same. I expect cops to put their lives on the line the same way, and some of them will certainly get shot and killed. If they are not willing to take that risk, then they should find another line of work. But right now police are being trained to take absolute zero risk. If someone could even possibly be a threat to them, they just shoot them and ask questions later.
You did not answer the question.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
As long as White America is the majority, there will never be any REAL JUSTICE. But guess what? White americans will be the minority in 20 years, what goes around will come around.
Hmm. I think you have been watching too much MSM. This is directly from Census.gov.

US Population 2014
  • Total - 318,857,056
  • White - 247,751,932
  • Black - 42,089,131
It's simply not happening. Mathematically impossible.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. I think you have been watching too much MSM. This is directly from Census.gov.

US Population 2014
  • Total - 318,857,056
  • White - 247,751,932
  • Black - 42,089,131
It's simply not happening. Mathematically impossible.
Whites Will Soon Be A Minority Of The U.S. Population
Census: Whites Will Be a Minority in U.S. by Year 2043 | TheBlaze.com
Census: White majority in U.S. gone by 2043 - U.S. News
Whites soon to be minority in American children under age 5 | Daily Mail Online

Someone is in a state of denial, why bother fighting the inevitable? Whites are already a minority in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events