Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 10:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
No one has responded to my similar scenario:

Imagine someone builds a glass house in a regular neighborhood on a regular-sized piece of land. The glass house is clearly visible from the street, sidewalk, etc. They then throw big orgies at night with all of the lights on, so all of the action can be seen by absolutely anyone.

Is it still true that such a person has a right to do whatever he or she wants to do in his or her home?
Don't look if it offends you. If you can see it from your house, put up curtains.
If you are offended that you were not invited, try being nice to them and maybe you'll get an invitation to the next orgy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
This guy is obviously wanting to be seen by as many people as possible. He has stood in front of a full glass door that faces the street naked for about ten years now. That is exhibitionism, and he is most likely a perv of some type.
So the neighbors KNOW ha does this and they still look over there to see if he is standing in the door naked

STOP LOOKING!

Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
We are all born naked. Even children have seen naked bodies. Maybe if people weren't such prudes we would see the human body as a part of nature. Did you know that in some countries there are uni sex showers and changing rooms and no one freaks out?

Seriously. OMG a penis!!!!!!! yet let little bobby play grand theft auto or call of duty. Personally I find the rampant violence on TV and in games far more offensive than seeing a human body. But then again some people get all up in arms if they teach the correct names for human genitalia in schools.

This country has some seriously misplaced concerns.
My child wouldn't be playing Grand theft auto ether. So no I don't have misplaced concerns. Oddly enough I wouldn't mind older children going to a museum and seeing tasteful artwork ( at least I wold have some control and be able to talk with them about it) but not some pervert standing in their door just trying to get attention. Its sick and disgusting and I'm not talking about the human body, I'm talking about the pervert.

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
We are all born naked. Even children have seen naked bodies. Maybe if people weren't such prudes we would see the human body as a part of nature. Did you know that in some countries there are uni sex showers and changing rooms and no one freaks out?

Seriously. OMG a penis!!!!!!! yet let little bobby play grand theft auto or call of duty. Personally I find the rampant violence on TV and in games far more offensive than seeing a human body. But then again some people get all up in arms if they teach the correct names for human genitalia in schools.

This country has some seriously misplaced concerns.
These are two unrelated issues. One can be opposed to violence on tv and opposed to a grown man intentionally showing his wares off to the neighborhood. It is not an either/or sort of deal.

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
An important consideration here is that many laws take intent into consideration. For example, in most states, if I pee on a bush outside, I might get something like a public urination ticket. If I whip it out in a crowd and start peeing while showing off my johnson, however, I will get a public urination ticket and an indecent exposure ticket. I see no reason why that wouldn't be a useful distinction here. This guy's actions are in no way similar to those of a person who gets out of the shower and walks to their bedroom naked.
He is not in public. He is in his own home.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Don't look if it offends you. If you can see it from your house, put up curtains.
If you are offended that you were not invited, try being nice to them and maybe you'll get an invitation to the next orgy.
So you have no concerns that children riding their bikes up and down the street would be subjected to seeing orgies? You can't possibly be serious.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
He is not in public. He is in his own home.
Answer my question about the glass house before slapping your own head like an idiot.

Also, I didn't say he was in public. Read the post before slapping your head.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
My child wouldn't be playing Grand theft auto ether. So no I don't have misplaced concerns. Oddly enough I wouldn't mind older children going to a museum and seeing tasteful artwork ( at least I wold have some control and be able to talk with them about it) but not some pervert standing in their door just trying to get attention. Its sick and disgusting and I'm not talking about the human body, I'm talking about the pervert.
So the statue of David standing there naked is ok, but the man (possibly named David) standing there is not ok?

Seriously?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
So the statue of David standing there naked is ok, but the man (possibly named David) standing there is not ok?

Seriously?
Not if that man is getting his jollies off through his nudity, which is the most likely explanation for a man who stands in front of a glass door for ten years.

Seriously?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
These are two unrelated issues. One can be opposed to violence on tv and opposed to a grown man intentionally showing his wares off to the neighborhood. It is not an either/or sort of deal.
And you have no control over a person playing violent video games in their own home or being naked in their own home.

He could easily have a tv in the view of the door and be playing GTA in plain view, but then there would not be a story since that is seen as perfectly fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events