Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM

21,938 posts, read 25,303,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And a Mayor that told the police to stand down and give the protesters "space to destroy".

It's all on video.

Baltimore Mayor: City ‘Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy, Space to Do That’ (Video) | Ed Driscoll
Sometimes you have to do that. At the moment, there isn't any way of controlling it. If you let them burn some buildings and steal some chips maybe it diffuse rather than escalates. Or maybe you end up with Compton and Reginald Denny. You never really know which way the mob will go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,382,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
But then again, it's also the poverty that many blacks face and as kids he may not have had a stable home, or a good father./mother to look up to and got involved with crime.
It has nothing to do with poverty. Latinos are much poorer than blacks in the U.S. When was the last time Mexicans burned down a city?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:10 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,162,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It has nothing to do with poverty. Latinos are much poorer than blacks in the U.S. When was the last time Mexicans burned down a city?
Eh, wouldn't use Mexicans. Mexico has a very high homicide rate and some extremely dangerous cities that even cities like Baltimore don't come close to.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:11 PM

518 posts, read 766,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Sometimes you have to do that. At the moment, there isn't any way of controlling it. If you let them burn some buildings and steal some chips maybe it diffuse rather than escalates. Or maybe you end up with Compton and Reginald Denny. You never really know which way the mob will go.
Yeah that is scary.

But problem is would it quell the few thugs? I mean if the passive approach is taken, then they will just move from store to store...keep looting...

Old 04-27-2015, 09:11 PM

45 posts, read 43,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
So Yakfish, did this incident breed racism for grandpa too? Is somebody that old going to suddenly become racist over recent incidents like this?
Grandpa has what to do with this exactly?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:12 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,357,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I didn't consider any of your questions worthy of response...........try harder.

Don
Oh the irony.

Well, one question. Do you remember this?

"Absolutely disgusting, illiterate animals is what these people are."

"I didn't consider any of your questions worthy of response...........try harder."

Ellipses -- The Punctuation Guide

I must say, I'm VERY disappointed.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:14 PM

4,233 posts, read 4,492,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Declare a curfew. Threaten to shoot all who ignore it. The streets will clear.
Oh, but no. We can't shoot the kids, can we? We might prompt the gangs to retaliate against us. So let's just stand by, quivering in fear, and let the punks burn another city to the ground.
Very apt response but it makes too much sense for "City Leadership" - (an oxymoron).

I think this is advisable. In Cleveland in 1944 one of worst natural gas disasters happened which destroyed multiple city blocks on near east side (killed 130 and left about 10,000 people displaced, from a heavily populated immigrant neighborhood of many ethnicities) and my parents would relate the story how nobody had a problem when the LE declared curfew and posted clearly that any looters would be shot on site.

In this case, you have some "criminal resident element" destroying their own neighborhood. I would not give one bit of taxpayer money to rebuild any 'self destroyed' neighborhood. Quit spreading the diseased "BEHAVIOR".

I don't think reform school or penal system is worth rehabilitating this 'mindset' as it is the result of multiple generations of ignorant children having children so you end up with feral animalistic behaviors; no civility, no respect, no decency because the productive achievement 'family' oriented of those left to get away from them.

If they (criminal element) all disappeared tomorrow I venture the only thing missing would be votes for the same city leadership that is allowing this to go on. Perhaps it is an "urban renewal" strategy??

Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,489,738 times
Quote:
When was the last time Mexicans burned down a city?
I can't think of a time they did. They'll get pissed off and maybe break a few windows but to destroy things on this scale seems to be against their nature.

Latinos are very good people over all.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,729,417 times
Just like the whites rioted in LA when OJ got acquitted.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
We have stereo types for a reason. They don't just come from nowhere...
Stereotypes are entirely true. It's just politically incorrect to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events