Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 09:21 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,357,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Freddie also had a pretty long rap sheet, I'm not saying he deserved to die however if he lived a law abiding life chances are he wouldn't have have been taken into custody.
I understand what you're saying, but again I respectfully disagree. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) he wasn't arrested for a warrant, he was arrested because he ran. sure, one could ask the question why run, but one could also ask the question why not just stop, frisk, and interview him to see what's going on. Also, perhaps the most important question of all, why was so much force used against him, and why the lack of medical attention? IMHO, those are the main contributing factors of this riot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 09:21 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
These are telling photos that needs to be shared:

And may I present the most ironic image of all......

Look at all those smiles on their faces. Sickening. There goes all the claims that the looting/burning/rioting is being done in response to frustration with the police.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 PM

21,938 posts, read 25,303,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It has nothing to do with poverty. Latinos are much poorer than blacks in the U.S. When was the last time Mexicans burned down a city?
Guerrero, 2014.

Given it was more targeted. They stuck to burning government buildings. There's also a lot more corruption in Mexico and of course the cartels which drive a lot of the violence.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 PM

581 posts, read 667,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You're simply lying. More "hands up don't shoot" nonsense to cover up the real problems in the black underclass.

There is already an investigation. There's no "murder", you just made that up. The rioters are having fun, laughing, texting and taking selfies as they loot and fight.

If I had a kid who was a criminal thug fighting with police, and he died while in police custody, I would be devastated, but I would not be burning down my neighborhood.
"According to his family, Gray's spine was "80% severed" at his neck, he had three fractured vertebrae, and his larynx was injured. The police claimed that Gray had experienced a "medical emergency" during his transport, but the events that led to the injuries are unclear. Officer Garrett Miller claimed that Gray was arrested "without force or incident."

Despite extensive surgery in an attempt to save his life, Gray died on April 19, 2015. Pending an investigation, six Baltimore police officers were temporarily suspended with pay. Police Commissioner Anthony Batts reported that the officers "failed to get [Gray] medical attention in a timely manner multiple times", and did not buckle him in the van while he was being transported to the police station."

I took this off of Wikipedia, but could have easily gotten it off of CNN or any of the major news stations. Yes, Nola, I lied. There was NO murder whatsoever. This was all just one horrible coindidence. You are absolutely, 100% right! His spine twisted itself on his ride in the van with the police.

What if it were your son? Oh, I'm sorry, you answered that.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:28 PM

601 posts, read 461,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Guerrero, 2014.

Given it was more targeted. They stuck to burning government buildings. There's also a lot more corruption in Mexico and of course the cartels which drive a lot of the violence.
They kill judges down there...Mexican Judges' Climate of Fear

Old 04-27-2015, 09:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,801,550 times
If his rap sheet that is currently making its rounds on C-D is real, he should of already been in jail and none of this would of happened. I would of been locked up for years with a sheet like that, but I don't live in a place with overcrowded prisons either.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
If his rap sheet that is currently making its rounds on C-D is real, he should of already been in jail and none of this would of happened. I would of been locked up for years with a sheet like that, but I don't live in a place with overcrowded prisons either.
"According to his family, Gray's spine was "80% severed" at his neck, he had three fractured vertebrae, and his larynx was injured. The police claimed that Gray had experienced a "medical emergency" during his transport, but the events that led to the injuries are unclear. Officer Garrett Miller claimed that Gray was arrested "without force or incident."

Despite extensive surgery in an attempt to save his life, Gray died on April 19, 2015. Pending an investigation, six Baltimore police officers were temporarily suspended with pay. Police Commissioner Anthony Batts reported that the officers "failed to get [Gray] medical attention in a timely manner multiple times", and did not buckle him in the van while he was being transported to the police station."

Oh, ok, I get it. He had a rap sheet. Having a rap sheet justifies murder. I never knew that.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM

10,032 posts, read 8,699,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post

I took this off of Wikipedia, but could have easily gotten it off of CNN or any of the major news stations. Yes, Nola, I lied. There was NO murder whatsoever. This was all just one horrible coindidence. You are absolutely, 100% right! His spine twisted itself on his ride in the van with the police.

What if it were your son? Oh, I'm sorry, you answered that.
Just by reading that it sounds like he received a blow to the back of the neck.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Just by reading that it sounds like he received a blow to the back of the neck.
Sounds to me like he received a lot more than that...

Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 PM

518 posts, read 766,485 times
https://twitter.com/fox5newsdc/statu...95768945627136
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events