Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 04:45 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Totally missed the point.
No, I didn't miss the point at all.

I obliterated the point that you were attempting to make based upon false evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 07:54 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
This post makes no sense. Kendall Jenner is a multi-millionaress who was born and raised in Los Angeles. How does that even equate with hillbillies and white trash redneck southerners?
Kendall Jenner wears confederate flag T-shirt

prom kids pose with confederate flag

If prom kids are hillbillies and white trash rednecks for OMG associating with the confederate flag would that not make Kendall Jenner a white trash redneck hillbilly also?

See how those two things are related.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. Seems like its not just hillbillies, white trash, rednecks and southerners that sport the confederate flag.
Kendall Jenner sparks controversy with confederate flag T-shirt
I wouldn't have picked Kendall Jenner for a Skynyrd fan.

Then again, if my sister was married to a hiphop artist, I'd have Skynyrd playing through my headphones 24/7. No offense to those of y'all that like hiphop, but I don't care for it at all.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:48 PM

601 posts, read 459,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post

I've lived in the South for years and traveled all over it, I have seen just as many blacks with confederate flag stickers on their cars and the flag on their clothing as I have seen whites with it. It's a symbol of Southern pride. People who aren't familiar with Southern culture just don't get it!

I too have lived in the South for years and have never seen such a spectacle. If this is true, then surely you can find an African-American celeb from the south who openly endorses this, written and photographic evidence to support it. From a reputable source and not some rwnj site as well. If we are talking as many as whites, then there should be plenty of evidence.

P.S. this wouldn't be news
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.985611

Last edited by shotcall; 05-13-2015 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: To add link

Old 05-14-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
If this is true, then surely you can find an African-American celeb from the south who openly endorses this
Celebrity endorsement = proof of truth?

Your logical fallacy is false attribution.
False attribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-14-2015, 12:52 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post

You created your own fallacy. First you stated a generalization that does not speak to this specific example. (it's not "truth"). You then state that because that premise is wrong, then the party you are speaking to is wrong. i.e. See propositional fallacy.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
First you stated a generalization that does not speak to this specific example.
How so? I merely parroted what shotcall posted in order to show the ridiculousness of the claim that if something were true, then said truth would be affirmed by a black Southern celebrity.

Perhaps appeal to non-authority would've been more appropriate than false attribution?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:01 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
No, I didn't miss the point at all.

I obliterated the point that you were attempting to make based upon false evidence.
LMAO You did NOT obliterate anything.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:50 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
Are you saying Obama Dems are now REPS/TEA?? that is a stretch. Middle of the road conservatives are actually turning Libertarians and are leaving the Republican/Democrat Plantation
Really? GOP losing voters while Dems gain voters thanks to (legal) immigration and higher birth rate of minorities, eh? Soon it'd be impossible for GOP to win the White House. Maybe it already is.

Mick

Old 05-14-2015, 07:09 AM

601 posts, read 459,742 times
Quote:

False attribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your point?Nice link to wikipedia that doesn't really prove anything related to the topic. I was merely pointing out that with all the pro-athletes and others from the south, if that stars and bars toilet wipe was so accepted, you would at least see it. BTW, I don't recall ever seeing someone like MLK or other southern civil rights leaders from that era with that flag.
Living here in Orlando, we get tourist from all over. I have never seen any African American whether its a tourist or local, that didn't display that except for maybe Halloween. So like I stated, put up or...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events