Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times

Advertisements

When I read the posts from BlimpI am reminded of one of Reagans quotes. “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.” Omit the word liberal. Since I don't know that.

Last edited by Scotty011; 05-09-2015 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 08:48 AM

304 posts, read 324,762 times
This thread has been a good read. Lots of spirited action. Too bad these kids didn't try and pass this off as satire. With the guns, they could have just said they were making a pun. Too late now.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:02 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly, I feel absolutely no outrage whatsoever regarding the photo. I think it is a stupid photo, and due to the many tragic school shootings around the country fairly inappropriate and insensitive, as well...
i agree, to close to colembine for my blood. i was scared before reading it that they decided to bring the weapons to the prom with them.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:15 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Actually the fact that 99% of the southern whites did not own slaves does matter. It most defiantly indicates that they were not fighting with racist intents and that slavery was not apart of their lives and of no benefit to them and therefore their battle flag did not represent such.

When war happens, you go to war. Do you also apply this attitude to those who fought in the Vietnam war. They were welcomed home with anger and hostility, called baby killers, and many felt those young men fought on the wrong side of history (whatever that means). Were the soldiers at fault for the politics behind the war? Are you faulting them for defending their country because that's what Uncle says to do. Do you fault the southerners for defending their land and families when the battles were being fought on their doorstep? Do you think that was because they just really, really hated black people or perhaps they were just defending their homes and way of life (that didn't include slavery).

And what of the revolutionary war. What about the colonist who waged war to secede against Britain? Is being on the right side of history the ranking you get just because you won the war?
The soilders in Vietman were fighting FOR the USA, not against it. And while I think that was a misguided war I would never disrespect one of our soldiers who fought there. The Civil War as the south fought it was for an evil wicked institution, no matter how you want to spin it. That does not mean I demonize the confederate soldiers but I will freely mock those who display the confederate flag today.

Being on the right side of history is not a matter of winning or losing...it is a matter of being morally right. Clearly the colonists who fought against England were on the right side. But take note of the other colonists who fought FOR England: you don't see their ancestors flying the U.K. flag and calling themselves victims. They rightly accept they lost and were on the wrong side of history or they went back to England. Unfortunately quite a few folks in the south can't get over it....they lost and for good reason.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:24 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Please link any post where I have done this for specific context. I suspect you won't however because your only purpose in posting this is to attempt to discredit. You spend great deals of time commenting on the motives of others on this forum, but almost none the actual topics.

My advice, keep your side of the street clean, and the rest will take care of itself.
Someone already linked your "preteen thug in training" thread. There's plenty more, I'm not going to search your posts to prove to everyone what they already know, LOL.

If you actually read what what I post you'd see the fallacy in your argument, but you won't because on CD we see what we want.

And I don't need your useless advice.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:27 AM

687 posts, read 915,205 times
I don't see any problem.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 AM

244 posts, read 247,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
When I read the posts from BlimpI am reminded of one of Reagans quotes. “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.” Omit the word liberal. Since I don't know that.
If only the Reagan White House astrologer were still around, she could have predicted the photo would go over like a lead balloon and spared my son's classmates, their families and the Chaparral community a bit of after-prom grief.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
If only the Reagan White House astrologer were still around, she could have predicted the photo would go over like a lead balloon and spared my son's classmates, their families and the Chaparral community a bit of after-prom grief.

Seriously?? If your community is in grief over some high school kids having fun, you people need to get a life. I mean damn!!!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Seriously?? If your community is in grief over some high school kids having fun, you people need to get a life. I mean damn!!!
(Her point.)

Your head.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
(Her point.)

Your head.

Pardon? Did I miss something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events