Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 12:59 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You make a fascinating argument. No other employer would hire her because they'd become targets of the internet outrage mafia, so Subway should be legally forced to keep her and subject their business to the outrage.

This is a clear 'just cause' termination.
I am glad that you think I make a "fascinating argument" but you clearly misstate or misunderstand my post (which was responding to someone who said she can just get another job - in theory yes, in reality no). Apology accepted. No hard feelings.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The police in this country violate people's constitutional rights everyday. They use military hardware to attack US citizens. They shoot unarmed black people in the back. They smash the camera phones of people who try and record their misconduct. They have declared war on the people who they are supposed to be protecting, and now people get shocked when some citizens are less then sad when these jackbooted government thugs get killed. OK.

Like her or not this girl is a working contributing member of society (or at least she was, until you all got her fired), unlike the thugs who wear badges and deprive people of their constitutional rights.

Hahahah...you should go work for the Onion

Old 05-12-2015, 01:27 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,732,306 times
Quote:
The police in this country violate people's constitutional rights everyday. They use military hardware to attack US citizens. They shoot unarmed black people in the back. They smash the camera phones of people who try and record their misconduct. They have declared war on the people who they are supposed to be protecting, and now people get shocked when some citizens are less then sad when these jackbooted government thugs get killed. OK.

Like her or not this girl is a working contributing member of society (or at least she was, until you all got her fired), unlike the thugs who wear badges and deprive people of their constitutional rights.
Bitter much

Old 05-12-2015, 02:04 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,368,101 times
I've boycotted Chik-Fil-A because of its support for Focus On The Family, which pursues policies that cause real harm to people. I don't eat Nutella (which I love) because the palm oil is not sustainably sourced to the best of my knowledge. But I'm not going to boycott a major chain because of one minimum-wage employee who was already fired. Duh.

That said, Subway is my least-favorite chain - I come from a place where local delis still thrive, so a place like Subway with its nasty bread and its sub-par lunch meats isn't even a viable option in my eyes. I haven't eaten there in nearly 20 years.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:29 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,233 times
I do not care much for Subway these days just because their sandwiches always taste so bland. And their restauarants tend to be cold and uninviting.

But on a serious note, she should be fired for her inappropriate rants. What she believes and does on her time is one thing, but on company time, in uniform is another.

But to boycott Subway based on the actions of one ignorant employee is not necessary.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:36 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hahahah...you should go work for the Onion
Rather then make a stupid comment like that, why don't you try to take issue with what I said? I don't think you can, because you know damn well that everything I said in that post was the truth.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Bitter much
Yes, I'm bitter that you police apologists are destroying a 239 year history of freedom in this country, by supporting these jackbooted government thugs, who are violating people's constitutional rights every minute of the day.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:

Back to YOUR agenda.... CREDIBILITY...zero

Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM

804 posts, read 1,075,268 times
I don't need to boycott subway. I have eaten there in 20 years because of there cr@ppy food.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I've boycotted Chik-Fil-A because of its support for Focus On The Family, which pursues policies that cause real harm to people. I don't eat Nutella (which I love) because the palm oil is not sustainably sourced to the best of my knowledge. But I'm not going to boycott a major chain because of one minimum-wage employee who was already fired. Duh.

That said, Subway is my least-favorite chain - I come from a place where local delis still thrive, so a place like Subway with its nasty bread and its sub-par lunch meats isn't even a viable option in my eyes. I haven't eaten there in nearly 20 years.
I boycott Chik-Fil-A too for that same reason. The Chik-Fil-A boycott has a lot more steam. Chik-Fil-A is never going to be big on the West Coast under the current ownership. That crap might work in the South, but not in the West. When I lived in California, plans for a local Chik-Fil-A were killed in the planning process, due to traffic concerns. Most of the opposition came from the LGBT community. They came from all over the Bay Area to voice their concerns about traffic at that intersection. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events