Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
She was not at the job. She was on her OWN TIME. On your own time employer has NO right to anything part of what you do and what you don't do.

Do you understand what it means to live in a FREE SOCIETY????? It has the good, the bad and the ugly.

No one, but no one has the right to interfere with your private time. When you are on your private time you are NOT representing your employer or anything or anyone else OTHER THAN YOU AND YOURSELF.

Subway violated her 1st Amendment rights by sanctioning her on her activities outside of work ON HER OWN TIME. This is a great lawsuit.

You have no understanding of what the First Amendment even means.

You have no "free speech" rights when it comes to a private entity. It does not exist. You have the right to follow the rules and not embarrass your employer, otherwise you have the right to go work elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
She was not at the job. She was on her OWN TIME. On your own time employer has NO right to anything part of what you do and what you don't do.

Do you understand what it means to live in a FREE SOCIETY????? It has the good, the bad and the ugly.

No one, but no one has the right to interfere with your private time. When you are on your private time you are NOT representing your employer or anything or anyone else OTHER THAN YOU AND YOURSELF.

Subway violated her 1st Amendment rights by sanctioning her on her activities outside of work ON HER OWN TIME. This is a great lawsuit.
How do you know she wasn't on the job? Look at the picture, with the rubber baseboards it looks like she's in a retail establishment which could have been inside the Subway where she worked (floor looks dirty as heck also)

Old 05-11-2015, 10:22 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Byron1022, The 1st amendment has nothing to do with employment. Take a basic civics class; anyone who has already knows that.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Byron1022, So I assume you list no employers on your resume, nor on LinkedIn, Facebook, or any other site, cause when you are not at work, you'd be a hypocrite if you did. You want total separation when not at work..take those steps, and never ever state to anyone where you work.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Just another nasty pig who will end up with five babies from four different daddies. Coming to a McDonalds near you. Would you like fries with that?
That's funny, that's just what the police say on their forums about people. Both sides do it, and it's childish. One day you will grow up and put your big girl panties on, and so will they. The girls was out of line, but it's no different on the other side, cops are human to. It's becoming a mini war.

Police forums are just as nasty as this girls facebook page. They both do it. Hopefully just the scums of the civilian population and the police force are the ones participating in ranting and bashing each other. I can't lump everyone in this activity, but some are acting childish for sure, on both sides. I get they are all mad, but it's time to kiss and make up now.

Cops React to the Death of Eric Garner -- NYMag

THEE RANT Forum

Old 05-11-2015, 11:23 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,410,327 times
As a black man, I'm concerned about the recent spate of black men killed by police. I also know that the majority of cops are good cops who try to do their jobs the right way. That aside, I can't blame Subway for firing her. So much negative publicity would've been brought upon that particular location. Many people would've stopped going there (thus, causing an economic hardship) or even some knuckleheads wanting to cause physical harm to the business, other employees, or even (inadvertently) the surrounding businesses (a public safety issue).

Though we have freedom of speech, that freedom carries great responsibility. This needs to serve as a reminder, especially to young people, that once you put something out on social media, you can't walk it back, even if you delete it.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Is this a just cause??? You want your employers to "Thought Police you?"

Just because you don't like what is being said, in a free society what you say is a personal choice. Whoever does not like it, don't listen. I hope she sues for violation of her 1st Amendment and she won't need food stamps, unemployment, welfare assistance, Subway can pay her freight for the rest of her life.
Thankfully, that's not going to happen. Subway had a right to fire her, and she would loose if she brought a lawsuit against them. The woman does not deserve a payday, though I agree with your sentiment about the thought police. In this particular case, she posted pictures of herself in her work uniform while saying these stupid things. That directly links their company with her Twitter rant, so they have a right to sue her. If she wasn't wearing her Subway uniform, probably no one would have noticed.

Let that be a lesson to all - don't have a photo of yourself in your Subway uniform on social media, and don't beat people up in your McDonald's uniform and have the video posted on social media.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
This is the second time that an employee posting on Facebook, etc., has gotten someone fired in just a week.

Last week a woman (a single mother) had finally gotten a job working for a day care center and made the national news.

The day she was to go to work, she posted on Facebook that she started her new job today. Then went on to say she hated the job, and that she hated being around a bunch of small children. She was on the late shift, and when she got to work she was told to leave as she was fired because they did not need someone that hated being around small children, and as she had not worked yet, there was no final check.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:20 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Katygirl68"What's to happen to her then?"

I don't care, but agree she should get no government aid for shooting herself.
Katygirl, why not let HER move in with YOU and YOU can keep her off the streets since you are so concerned about HER rights??!?!?!? When will it end??!?!?!?!?!??!

Old 05-12-2015, 04:28 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Just another nasty pig who will end up with five babies from four different daddies. Coming to a McDonalds near you. Would you like fries with that?
EXACTLY!!! And I bet she is a daddy momma baby raised on welfare to start off with....

For those of you defending her "freedom of speech", that is as bad a "hate crime" as if I posted a threat towards someone who was gay/black/jewish/different than I. You are FREE to say what you want, but NOT free from the consequences if it is considered a THREAT towards others because of their race/sexual orientation/religion/difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events