Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 12:12 PM

963 posts, read 689,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The conservative tree house. Well that settles it.
Liberals are the most closed minded creatures on the planet. FACTS ARE FACTS. These FACTS are pretty well understood. Do you have evidence any of the facts presented are not true? The annoying and self righteous eye roll does NOTHING to make your case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 12:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
What I saw was a bunch of disrespectful kids not listening to the orders of a police officer. Then I saw two young men act in an aggressive fashion toward the police officer. I don't care what color they were or what type of housing voucher they used, they were clearly in the wrong.

Just the fact that they need to have a security guard at the pool is quite telling about this neighborhood. It does not surprise me that CNN neglected or choose not to relate "Section 8" information in this article.
That usually indicates that there have been enough trespassers for the HOA to hire that guard.

I've lived in complexes with pools and none ever had a security guard at them.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:15 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't know about McKinney but HUD is turning to the voucher system for Section 8.
And some cities are passing laws that no homeowner or landlord can discriminate against Section 8 applicatants.

I know Austin was proposing that and many investor owned homes hit the market during that timeframe.

McKinney does have Sec 8 apartments but also has Sec 8 vouchers.
The people with the vouchers can live wherever they want and just pay the difference in rent.
And the landlords and HOA can turn down the applications for whatever reason, as long as they don't explicitly say it's due to Section 8.

Not to mention, rent in that community is considerably higher than the calculated housing standard in the area. This family would have to cover the extra costs of rent, which would mean they have a decent income, which would disqualify them for Section 8 housing.

Like I said, it wouldn't make realistic sense for them to live there on Section 8.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:17 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Some things about the officer in question. Btw, I think the other officers did a really good job in a tense situation, but Casebolt was way over the top. Only one person - an adult male was arrested and none of the teens other than Dejerria Becton were manhandled the way she was.

Eric Casebolt: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Quote:
2. He Was Accused of Racial Bias & Pulling Down a Black Man’s Pants in a Federal Lawsuit
Quote:
3. Casebolt Is a Patrol Supervisor & Is a Vice President of the Local Police Union
I don't think we can say he was untrained - he should have been able to handle this situation in a much more professional manner.

Quote:
4. He Appears to Have Added the Pool Party Video to a ‘Training’ List on His YouTube Account
Quote:
The playlist includes dashcam footage of a brawl involving Arizona police, a video of the Milwaukee police chief talking called “Chief Tells the Truth Black People Don’t Want to Hear” and one titled “Man Sucker-Punches Cop Gets Kicked in the Face.”
This sounds pretty racist to me.

Unless this video shows what NOT to do, I can't imagine using it as a training video.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:18 PM

963 posts, read 689,293 times
Quote:
I don't know about McKinney but HUD is turning to the voucher system for Section 8.
And some cities are passing laws that no homeowner or landlord can discriminate against Section 8 applicatants.

I know Austin was proposing that and many investor owned homes hit the market during that timeframe.

McKinney does have Sec 8 apartments but also has Sec 8 vouchers.
The people with the vouchers can live wherever they want and just pay the difference in rent.
It's all part of Obama's plan to move black out of the ghetto and into "middle class" neighborhoods. He thinks this will elevate the lower class blacks. It will only cause more chaos like this in once peaceful and quiet neighborhoods. "One rotten apple spoils the whole bushel."

Old 06-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times
Quote:
That usually indicates that there have been enough trespassers for the HOA to hire that guard.
A sad commentary.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
And the landlords and HOA can turn down the applications for whatever reason, as long as they don't explicitly say it's due to Section 8.

Not to mention, rent in that community is considerably higher than the calculated housing standard in the area. This family would have to cover the extra costs of rent, which would mean they have a decent income, which would disqualify them for Section 8 housing.

Like I said, it wouldn't make realistic sense for them to live there on Section 8.
I agree. Doesn't seem realistic. Maybe the Section 8 though is down the block or within that neighborhood.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
It's all part of Obama's plan to move black out of the ghetto and into "middle class" neighborhoods. He thinks this will elevate the lower class blacks. It will only cause more chaos like this in once peaceful and quiet neighborhoods. "One rotten apple spoils the whole bushel."
LOL..it's not "Obama's plan". It's been a plan of HUD for a long time.
The voucher system is relatively new and in some cases local laws need to be passed regarding discriminating against Sec 8 applicants.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
I agree. Doesn't seem realistic. Maybe the Section 8 though is down the block or within that neighborhood.
And the mother and girl who hosted the party live in the neighborhood not down the block.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:23 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,628 times
Section 8? Lulz.

From what I've read, those whites and blacks are all upper middle class folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events