Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 09:50 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The media went to them, not the other way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The media went to the parents, not the other way around.

Sure but they could have refused to speak with them. Nobody was holding a gun to their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 09:50 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How do places adhere to AA mandates ?
The public sector use that info all the time to make decisions.

Female owned business get preference over male owned business.
Black owned business get preference over White owned business.

A Female Black Hispanic has it made in the shade when it comes to doing business with the government.
If she came out as a handicapped Lesbian, she would then be at the highest level of Affirmative action.

A Black Handicapped Female Lesbian...... Wow, she could be our next Secretary of State under Hilary if she could pull off that scam.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:56 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thanks but I'm not particularly interested in all that information. All I was saying was that my very "white" husband has some Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry as well as some western African ancestry and it showed up in his DNA testing - and for some weird reason someone else started getting all crunk about Judaism and all that jazz, when I wasn't even talking about religion and it was pretty clear to me, a layperson, reading the info on various DNA testing sites, that it's pretty easy to trace ancestry via DNA testing.

I just thought the DNA testing for ancestry was cool. I don't care one way or the other what race or ethnicity people are, but I think finding out about one's ancestry is pretty interesting.
All these new dna testing things are making the race subject very confusing. Don't most people only go back just a few generations when talking about their race? How far back do the dna tests go? To the caveman days? At one point are most of us related to some other race somehow if you go back far enough? And what bearing does it even have on their race now? If this clearly white woman had dna testing and found one black connection to an ancestor 10,000 years ago does that make her be able to claim she is black now?

Old 06-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Sure but they could have refused to speak with them. Nobody was holding a gun to their heads.
Some people do have integrity and value the truth no matter if they are related.

They were probably tired of her dishonesty and lies about the racist threats. Very bad example for her "Kids".

Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Some people do have integrity and value the truth no matter if they are related.

They were probably tired of her dishonesty and lies about the racist threats. Very bad example for her "Kids".
I'm still wondering how they were personally affected by it? There's a lot that we don't know but everything indicates they were less than ideal parents themselves. It's nice to think they had such altruistic intentions but I doubt they are such divine individuals as some here would like to believe.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm still wondering how they were personally affected by it? There's a lot that we don't know but everything indicates they were less than ideal parents themselves.
No one is the perfect parent and we can only speculate about their family dynamics.
If I had a child that was scamming the public I do believe I'd eventually get tired and if they did not stop, I'd certainly out them.

Lying to get what you want or for an agenda has sure seemed to be an acceptable way to do things today.
The end does not justify the means.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:09 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
I'm still wondering how they were personally affected by it? There's a lot that we don't know but everything indicates they were less than ideal parents themselves. It's nice to think they had such altruistic intentions but I doubt they are such divine individuals as some here would like to believe.
37 year old Rachel Dolezal is a liar. That does not make her parents bad parents, liars, or "less than ideal parents". Given that many of Rachel's lies involve her parents, their refusal to answer questions would lead some to believe that Rachel's lies are true. It seems obvious to me that they had no reason to refuse to answer questions about whether they were Rachel's natural parents. Answering that question exposed Rachel as a liar. How does this translate into the parents being less than ideal?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:12 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If she came out as a handicapped Lesbian, she would then be at the highest level of Affirmative action.

A Black Handicapped Female Lesbian...... Wow, she could be our next Secretary of State under Hilary if she could pull off that scam.

Yes that brings me to another question so now not only can you change your gender, you are now saying you should be able to make up a whole new race for yourself? Is faking a disability next? Will people "transition" to being in a wheelchair or claiming to have some other disability because they feel " connected " to people with disabilities? When will this insanity end? I do not buy into it. Starting to think it is getting out of control.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:22 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Thank you for clearing that up that is exactly what I thought probably happened.
It's funny how people keep skipping over that. It really sheds a different light as I think many assumed the parents were out to destroy their daughter which I do not believe is their intent in answering the questions posed to them.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
37 year old Rachel Dolezal is a liar. That does not make her parents bad parents, liars, or "less than ideal parents". Given that many of Rachel's lies involve her parents, their refusal to answer questions would lead some to believe that Rachel's lies are true. It seems obvious to me that they had no reason to refuse to answer questions about whether they were Rachel's natural parents. Answering that question exposed Rachel as a liar. How does this translate into the parents being less than ideal?
Well she did get legal guardianship of her brother so that begs the question why? And to me, it's an issue of loyalty. Maybe some people don't put a premium on that but I do. And if it was really about exposing her as a fraud, why wait until now to do it? If they were so concerned about the greater good, why didn't they do it seven years ago? Again, it smacks of dysfunction. I guess it's a good thing they did it because she needed to be exposed, but I can't help but judge them a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events