Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 05:23 PM

400 posts, read 414,197 times

Advertisements

The health care cost for the fat and obese to slowly die of diabetes and heart disease is astronomical. I often have to avert my eyes so disgusting are the rolls of lard in the grocey store on those buying junk food, so fat they have to get handicaped carts . On the tailgate of my truck I have painted Boil Fat People for Oil. if anyone tries anything with me, I have pepper spray. I'm not afraid of those disgusting lard azzes. By the way, I once weighed 206 lbs now a BMI within normal limits. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Last edited by Elk Wallow; 06-15-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 05:30 PM

106 posts, read 159,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yet it's also disgusting to me when I see an obese person loading his plate at Old Country like a pig at a trough, but if I said "Ewwww, that's disgusting!" it would be seen very differently. As it was, no one batted an eye, smokers are somehow seen as fair game for derision.
Smokers and fat people are both fair game for derision, due to massively profitable propaganda campaigns that have been waged against both for decades combined with the gleeful proclivity of some people to hate and judge others for no good reason.

Why do you think you have such strong judgments about what other people eat? How is that your business?

Do you think that fat people have the right to eat in public without knowing that people like you are deciding for us what and how much we are allowed to eat without disgusting you? What are cancer patients allowed to eat without causing your stomach to turn?

Just as a matter of curiosity, what would you see as a healthy plate of food for disgusting fat people? What menu choices do you allow us? And what menu choices do you allow yourself? It would be nice to know the formula for health from someone like you, who clearly knows what's best for other people.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Wallow View Post
The health care cost for the fat and obese to slowly die is astronomical. I often have to avert my eyes so disgusting are the rolls of lard in the grocey store on those buying junk food, so fat they have to get handicaped carts . On the tailgate of my truck I have painted Boil Fat People for Oil. if anyone tries anything with me, I have pepper spray. I'm not afraid of those disgusting lard azzes. By the way, I once weighed 206 lbs now a BMI within normal limits. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Who cares how much you weigh or what you eat? How would that be anyone else's business?

I can tell you that the psychiatric and legal costs of dealing with irrational hateful people really bug me too. But I would rather see you get help than just continue to hate and vilify strangers, because everyone knows that health is holistic. A sick mind will put you in an early grave every time. And there is a heck of a lot more science to prove that claim than whatever sources you are using to convince yourself that other people's bodies and choices are any of your business. Clearly your weight loss did not make you a healthier person. Not by a long stretch.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:43 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
I'm as human as the next man. But I cant get behind slugging skulls with heavy metal. No pun intended, but that's just over the top in my book. I mean, all my life I have dealt with rude behavior and even some race-shaming. But if I clobbered every mean jerk in life, I would have lost mine long ago. Self-control really does have its merits.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
A great many old people are like that.

Really? How many exactly? Ageism is a prejudice too. Old people used to be revered. We have now raised the first generation of humans who have no respect for the older generations. That too is social engineering, the same as fatphobia.

People are all individuals. We all have our personal strengths and weaknesses. When you make broad generalizations about huge groups of people, that is called bigotry.

As an old person, I sincerely wish that you could catch a clue about the kind of world you are helping to create with this bigotry, because I will be long gone and not able to defend you when you are old and the victim of your own shortsightedness and irrational bias.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:12 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
When I smoked (I quit about 4 months ago now) people would say all kinds of rude things to smokers even when we weren't smoking. It'd come up in discussion, or some stranger at a bar would see my pack, and think nothing of saying "Ewwww, that's disgusting!" Yet it's also disgusting to me when I see an obese person loading his plate at Old Country like a pig at a trough, but if I said "Ewwww, that's disgusting!" it would be seen very differently. As it was, no one batted an eye, smokers are somehow seen as fair game for derision.
Congratulations!!! Quitting is so difficult, glad you kicked the habit.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:34 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,387,280 times
Maybe he was just a good heart doctor devoted to his patients and caring for them even during his out-of-work time.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Wallow View Post
The health care cost for the fat and obese to slowly die of diabetes and heart disease is astronomical. I often have to avert my eyes so disgusting are the rolls of lard in the grocey store on those buying junk food, so fat they have to get handicaped carts . On the tailgate of my truck I have painted Boil Fat People for Oil. if anyone tries anything with me, I have pepper spray. I'm not afraid of those disgusting lard azzes. By the way, I once weighed 206 lbs now a BMI within normal limits. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
I can totally get why as a former fat person you have so much hate for fat people. It's hard to hate yourself it's a lot easier to find what you hate about yourself in others and hate them for it.

Glad you lost the weight, sad you have no compassion.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
BTW, just looking at a person is absolutely no measure of how healthy they actually are. For example someone who's thin might be that way from an eating disorder. Their's nothing healthy about anorexia.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:52 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
I duuno...this fat-shamer guy really bugs me. He's 50yrs old. But clearly has zero tact.

He's at a age where his body is changing and he may very well pile on some extra pounds too.

And where does he get off saying that to a perfect stranger simply enjoying her meal at a restaurant.

Ignorant....A man who knows no boundaries.
Well stated. I'm crowding 51, and I'm nowhere close to what I was , as far as physical condition, that I was 10 years ago. Its a lot harder to keep weight off as one ages. Besides, if someone is overweight, and wants to keep eating pizza, who cares? We only live once, and how people take their pleasures is no concern of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events