Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 09:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,205,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
WELL, it IS true. If you're severely overweight, you need to lay off the pizza. Having said that, the guy sounds like a young ****. Personally I wouldn't have said anything, but yes everyone knows it isn't healthy.

If you want to ruin your health and kill yourself prematurely by being obese and still ordering pizza, then go ahead. I won't try to stop ya.

Her grabbing a crowbar was just self-hate. She knows what he said was true, that's why she got so enraged. Underlying psychological cause of her extreme reaction.
Or maybe she is just short tempered and doesn't like a-holes?
She didn't even hit the guy with tire iron / crow bar. I have, in fact done so. He had it coming. And I'm rather thin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 09:39 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,413,534 times
PS: I hope the guy pressed charges for assault too.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:41 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,413,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Or maybe she is just short tempered and doesn't like a-holes?
She didn't even hit the guy with tire iron / crow bar. I have, in fact done so. He had it coming. And I'm rather thin.
Truth hurts baby. Fat lady wanted to take her revenge out for his honesty.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
PS: I hope the guy pressed charges for assault too.
My guy or the OP 's?

Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,405,977 times
Quote:
Her grabbing a crowbar was just self-hate. She knows what he said was true, that's why she got so enraged. Underlying psychological cause of her extreme reaction.
Outside of scope of thread, but why did she have a crowbar with her?

Old 06-15-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It was in her trunk. She went to get it, so her kid popped him in the head ( probably sparing him worse) and the bailed.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:52 PM

8,116 posts, read 6,809,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
She used that to get her fat azz out of the car.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,709,723 times
And here I always thought fat people were supposed to be jolly. Its like finding out that Santa Claus goes around knocking off convenience stores between January and November.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:33 AM

890 posts, read 890,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
Oh, lovely. Combating ignorance with violence. No winners in this story.
Telling the loudmouth to effoff would have been more appropriate.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:49 AM

9,504 posts, read 10,884,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
Really? How many exactly? Ageism is a prejudice too. Old people used to be revered. We have now raised the first generation of humans who have no respect for the older generations. That too is social engineering, the same as fatphobia.

People are all individuals. We all have our personal strengths and weaknesses. When you make broad generalizations about huge groups of people, that is called bigotry.

As an old person, I sincerely wish that you could catch a clue about the kind of world you are helping to create with this bigotry, because I will be long gone and not able to defend you when you are old and the victim of your own shortsightedness and irrational bias.

You may see it as some form of bigotry but what you did not say is that what I said is wrong. Are there not a lot of older people who do feel entitled to say what they want because of their age?? Do a lot of them feel the younger folks owe them some form of extra respect because of their age?? This is the very definition of entitlement, and this is how some of their behavior is justified. I know a lot of people don't like generalizations but many of them are somewhat true. I believe this is the case here. Have you ever been to Florida?? There are a lot of very rude poorly behaved folks down there who are members of the older generation. They push you out of the way in lines, they say what they want to you and then you have to drive on the same roads as them. That one is the worst.

I am not against older people but just stating an observation about some of them. I know most people don't become this way when they get older, but a lot do. In fact enough do to have created the generalization that you objected too. If you remember my post I also said we usually let it slide when old people behave like this, we all have older kinfolk who have gone through this stage. I also know if I live to be old I could possibly end up being like that. (I hope not) Obviously we all age differently.

Now the person who insulted the fat lady in the pizza place was only 50 so he does not get a pass for his rudeness. It cant be attributed to age but to just being a jerk. In general people should refrain from insulting other people just to do it. What on earth was the purpose of this guy saying this to that poor woman. Did he think she did not know she was fat?? Did he thing she did not know pizza was bad for her?? I think he did it because he has been a bully and a mean spirited human being most his life. That is the only explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events