Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Bunyan View Post
He is serious... he filed all the paperwork. Even though he is ridiculous, he's got the strongest "brand" of any of the R candidates and will poll 2nd place after Jeb.
Paperwork doesn't mean anything. It's still a stunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:54 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times
Trump sued Bill Maher for making a joke that Trump looks like the son of an Orangutan. You know, that mess of orange hair, etc. Trump is a big time chump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0JJi71MEc

Old 06-28-2015, 09:55 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
He is serious... he filed all the paperwork. Even though he is ridiculous, he's got the strongest "brand" of any of the R candidates and will poll 2nd place after Jeb.
No, he has not. What he did was waive a piece of paper trumpeting [pun fully intended!] his wealth and proclaim, and I quote: "I'm really rich!". But he has not filed his LA-11-03.
U.S. Office of Government Ethics - LA-11-03: Public Financial Disclosure Report Guidance for Presidential Candidates

By law, he has 30 days post-announcement to file, but two 45-day extensions are routinely granted if requested. Now, Trump is very likely exaggerating his wealth and does not want to file an LA-11-03, which would reveal that he's not quite as wealthy as his ego demands he claim to be. So here's my guess at his game plan.

He files for both of those extensions, which would take him out to October 14th. He spends a lot of time in the debates mugging for the cameras, firing off empty though damaging zingers, and gleefully rolling rhetorical hand grenades across the GOP stage. Come October 14, he drops out full of bluster and claims along the lines of how the GOP doesn't deserve a nominee as worthy as The Donald and how they'll rue the day he spurned them. If a Republican then wins in 2016, he'll take all the credit for 'properly steering the debate'. If a Democrat wins in 2016, he'll insist that he was the only Republican candidate who could have, and would have, won, and he'll blame the loss on the fact that he wasn't the nominee.

Trump thereby gets everything he wants - attention, exposure for his brand, much stroking of his ego. The Republican Party suffers, but anyone who thinks Trump cares one iota about that is in deep denial.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:22 AM

68 posts, read 56,970 times
I certainly don't think Trump cares about the Republicans. He spent half of his speech calling them idiots.
I wasn't aware that he could keep filing extensions on the income disclosure paperwork. I find him very entertaining so I hope he can at least drag out his absurdity through October, even if he's not really running.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:40 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Trump is an even worse bully than Chrisite.
And a much better / successful leader than Obama.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:41 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Trump sued Bill Maher for making a joke that Trump looks like the son of an Orangutan. You know, that mess of orange hair, etc. Trump is a big time chump.
Wonder if Maher did a side by side with Sharpton and a Gorilla? Wonder why not, very similar in appearance.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
Trump wouldn't live in the White House. Too pedestrian, not gilded enough.

He has no business being in any position requiring diplomacy. But our declining societal intellect would probably welcome his act with open arms. I'm confident a behind the scenes reality show would ensue and we'd all get a chance to use our mobile phones (text message fees apply!) to decide that week's assassination or nuking.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:55 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No, he has not. What he did was waive a piece of paper trumpeting [pun fully intended!] his wealth and proclaim, and I quote: "I'm really rich!". But he has not filed his LA-11-03.
U.S. Office of Government Ethics - LA-11-03: Public Financial Disclosure Report Guidance for Presidential Candidates

By law, he has 30 days post-announcement to file, but two 45-day extensions are routinely granted if requested. Now, Trump is very likely exaggerating his wealth and does not want to file an LA-11-03, which would reveal that he's not quite as wealthy as his ego demands he claim to be. So here's my guess at his game plan.

He files for both of those extensions, which would take him out to October 14th. He spends a lot of time in the debates mugging for the cameras, firing off empty though damaging zingers, and gleefully rolling rhetorical hand grenades across the GOP stage. Come October 14, he drops out full of bluster and claims along the lines of how the GOP doesn't deserve a nominee as worthy as The Donald and how they'll rue the day he spurned them. If a Republican then wins in 2016, he'll take all the credit for 'properly steering the debate'. If a Democrat wins in 2016, he'll insist that he was the only Republican candidate who could have, and would have, won, and he'll blame the loss on the fact that he wasn't the nominee.

Trump thereby gets everything he wants - attention, exposure for his brand, much stroking of his ego. The Republican Party suffers, but anyone who thinks Trump cares one iota about that is in deep denial.
I think you've figured it out. I bet that's his plan, to a T.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Christie
Trump
Clinton

If this is all this country can muster up for talked about candidates we’re in pretty bad shape.
Don't forget, we've got a Bush running too.

However, we have the delightful Bernie Sanders sneaking up from behind. He's a candidate all Americans can find something to like about.

On topic, Trump is embarrassing, to say the least. Why does he still do that foot in mouth thing all the time? He's like Biden, without the intelligence and giggle factor.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
I certainly don't think Trump cares about the Republicans. He spent half of his speech calling them idiots.
I wasn't aware that he could keep filing extensions on the income disclosure paperwork. I find him very entertaining so I hope he can at least drag out his absurdity through October, even if he's not really running.
Republicans ARE idiots! Democrats are idiots too!

Trump has built billion dollar empires. He's not a chump and he's not a stupid man. He may not be able to give speeches like Obama, but that doesn't make him stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events