Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 12:47 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,041,072 times

Advertisements

If trump wins the election. I will be the first trillionare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 01:08 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,041,072 times
Where is Ron Paul when you need him?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:58 PM

630 posts, read 1,718,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder if Maher did a side by side with Sharpton and a Gorilla? Wonder why not, very similar in appearance.
Excellent question!

Old 06-30-2015, 05:00 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Agreed. Although you do get some decent people coming across but also 1000s of bad ones too. Some are fleeing for safety and valid reasons while the criminals come across to make money from drugs (because which people have the money to buy hose drugs) and whatever else.
In my opinion, the media simply opposes people if they have a differing opinion or aren't PC.
I am ignorant and don't use Google . Enlighten me. Can we can just go across Canada to legally work and get free education and healthcare?
Decent? Their first act is to thumb their noses at our immigration laws. If they are fleeing for safety then they could apply for a refugee status. Most illegals coming here are coming to take jobs and resources from Americans not fleeing any unsafe conditions.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Better to keep with the current mantra of "They are all just hardworking people wanting a better life in the USA", "Illegal immigrants only do jobs Americans wont do" and "Illegal immigrants stimulate the economy".
That's the ole pro-illegal mantra alright. No matter how false it is.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:05 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,684,887 times
I'm a Democrat, but objectively I think Trump will do far better than the likes of Jindal, Huckabee and many other Republican candidates. He can even win the nomination, I would not underestimate him if I were Jeb Bush or other GOP contenders.

Plenty of people will find him appealing.

At the end of the day he is a successful business man who has bounced back and has strong leadership positions. Sure he may come off as a laughing stock but Donald Trump is not an idiot.

As for his wealth, he is very wealthy in the worst case scenario. Even if his billions are overstated, who cares if it is 8 billion, 4 billion or 2 billion? Worst case scenario Trump's wealth is 900 million.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,310,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Decent? Their first act is to thumb their noses at our immigration laws. If they are fleeing for safety then they could apply for a refugee status. Most illegals coming here are coming to take jobs and resources from Americans not fleeing any unsafe conditions.

You're being polite. The anchor baby scheme is tremendous. Especially in places like CA, TX and ARI. And the schools are loaded with parents who could give a damm about AMerican way of life; don't learn the language, don't bother to discipline their kids. They give teachers a bunch of phone #'s that dont work, but continue to get a bunch of free breakfast , lunch, EBT, ect. Its insane. There's certain areas of LA that on a Saturday night, i kid you not, a street will look like Tiajuana filled with trinkets being dold, food trucks, and people cooking in front of their house and music blaring ,, complete disregard for 1st world quality of life

I like what Trump is saying outloud so far. He seems to be the only one who cares. Again, he hasnt really said anything wrong, people are just upset because he said it.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:30 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Good luck with that Trump.

I get the popularity, but it's not a realistic popularity. I used to think people (voters) know the difference but seeing what happened with Palin made me realize they don't. He COULD be elected. Just like dogs and goats get elected to be Mayor and stuff. People straight up don't care about anything but the instant gratification of hearing someone say something they like. They don't understand anything else. Citizens have been trained well by whoever holds the stick.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,531,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Christie
Trump
Clinton

If this is all this country can muster up for talked about candidates we’re in pretty bad shape.
Who chose these people? Not anyone I know. Our candidates are chosen for us by the oligarchs who pay for them, and we only hear from candidates that the media can build drama and controversy on, to entertain us.

Last edited by snowtired14; 06-30-2015 at 07:32 PM..

Old 06-30-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
You're being polite. The anchor baby scheme is tremendous. Especially in places like CA, TX and ARI. And the schools are loaded with parents who could give a damm about AMerican way of life; don't learn the language, don't bother to discipline their kids. They give teachers a bunch of phone #'s that dont work, but continue to get a bunch of free breakfast , lunch, EBT, ect. Its insane. There's certain areas of LA that on a Saturday night, i kid you not, a street will look like Tiajuana filled with trinkets being dold, food trucks, and people cooking in front of their house and music blaring ,, complete disregard for 1st world quality of life

I like what Trump is saying outloud so far. He seems to be the only one who cares. Again, he hasnt really said anything wrong, people are just upset because he said it.
I know what you are talking about as I live in the thick of it here in So. Calif. There is nothing wrong with telling the truth about illegal immigration and I am glad Trump had the guts to do it. What puzzles me is what loyal, law abiding American would be offended by the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events