Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 02:44 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Imagine Trump talking to another country like that! He is losing money left and right, deservedly so. Macy's is pulling out:

Report: Macy's is now dumping Donald Trump
Principles and truth should mean more than money. If another country were behaving like Mexico then they also should be called out for it. His remarks were mainly directed at the illegal aliens coming here from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 03:18 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,032,275 times
Even though every thing that Donald Trump said was true and was a fact well documented , as the Mexican government helps all the people who are criminals get to the USA where they come and live ....The Liberal machine used it to undermine Trump in His Campaign for President and called him a racist for saying these things and boycotted Him ..... You got to be careful what you say in a campaign as negative bashing no matter what it is true or not is a dead end

Old 07-01-2015, 03:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,478,620 times
Trump doesn't even bother me as a minority, most my buddies hate him and think he is racist. I am think he is still a smart businessman

Old 07-01-2015, 03:24 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,995,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The man is very successful because he knows it takes more than bravado to broker deals in NYC, as well as other parts of the world. I'm confident he would be able to work with both sides of the aisle as well as negotiate with heads of other countries. I'm sure he has more international savvy than most of the candidates, plus I like the idea that he's not beholden to lobbyists or special interest groups.

To all the empty nay-sayers, you don't have to like his hair, or his decorating taste, or even his personality, in order to be convinced he'd make a great president.
Well what does he have to convince me he'd make a great president? Because he certainly hasn't.

Anybody who acts like such a spoiled child that he bans the employees of a company from his businesses out of spite has no business being the leader of the free world. Can you imagine what someone who displays that level of immaturity could do if he had the power to start a war???

Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
The author of "The Narcissist Next Door" uses Trump as his patient zero.

I suppose Trump would have sued him, but I doubt he reads many books.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:34 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,644,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The problem is that you can't run a country like that. The president has to work with Congress and foreign leaders. Feel good bravado doesn't equate with real world practicality.
You said it! How many times does anyone think Trump can insult world leaders and just anyone he pleases with the type remarks he is currently making? I'm talking about calling other people "stupid," "not worthy to even shine his shoes," and such tripe as this. It's really disgusting to me. This guy is just a rich jerk.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,853,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Even though every thing that Donald Trump said was true and was a fact well documented , as the Mexican government helps all the people who are criminals get to the USA where they come and live ....The Liberal machine used it to undermine Trump in His Campaign for President and called him a racist for saying these things and boycotted Him ..... You got to be careful what you say in a campaign as negative bashing no matter what it is true or not is a dead end

This is exactly what I was telling my brother yesterday. Does Trump have any 'advisers' even though the guy had no chance EVER to become president? Obviously he wants to do something about illegal immigration. Fine. Say instead: I want to do something about illegal immigration (and BTW something has to be done but it won't- this is for another discussion). He could have made a simple and generic statement about illegal immigration. He obviously did not realize the backlash his inappropriate statements would have on him economically and otherwise. As most of you know already Macy's dropped his clothesline today. There will be more doors shutting on Trump. Any remaining 'buddies' will not want to associate with a 'racist'. Yeah, he's screwed.

Lastly, in response to Trump's moronic statement that Mexicans bring in drugs. Americans love to get high. If this is supposed to be the greatest country on God's green earth why do so many Americans want to 'escape' life by getting high. If the USA didn't have a drug problem the Mexicans wouldn't bring in the drugs. Why? There wouldn't be a market for it. Supply and demand. If the Mexicans don't bring the crap in someone else will. As long as Americans want to get high the drugs will keep coming and coming and coming.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Principles and truth should mean more than money. If another country were behaving like Mexico then they also should be called out for it. His remarks were mainly directed at the illegal aliens coming here from Mexico.

Memo to Macy's: You can't handle the truth!

Old 07-01-2015, 06:13 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,684,447 times
According to CNN this guy has a good case, it is essentially breach of contract. Unision/NBC broke their contract with Donald Trump.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,531,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Memo to Macy's: You can't handle the truth!

Why do you think Macy's, NBC, or any other business collaborating with Trump, are distancing themselves because of his racist remarks? Maybe it has more to do with his political posturing and they want to proactively mitigate damages before he alienates more than half their customers. If they stay the course with him, they may gain the approval of the far right and lose everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events