Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 08:35 AM

828 posts, read 909,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
This man is the most delusional, egotistical nutjob on Earth and I love it! This election is gonna be hella entertaining.
My thoughts exactly! I might even end up binging on The Walking Dead Season 6 after the winner is announced and skipping the week-to-week. Invite friends over and have an election watch party in the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 AM

828 posts, read 909,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
No. Thats a common republican talking point, because republicans love business. We need an economist, not a businessman. Businessmen know how to lean things and increase profits, they know how to get things done THEIR way. Those arent traits that the Country needs. Do you want a leader that commits the equivalent of mass layoffs, outsourcing work to other Nations, and shrinking budgets. Before you say yes....Consider this. Youre driving down the highway with your little children sleeping in the back seat. The bridge youre driving on collapses, you and your children are now dead. Why? Because some republicans believed the Mantra that government should be small and we should cut taxes.
Freaking awesome post.

Problem is, I think most Republicans know this, and just don't care.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:14 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,706,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The fact that anyone could support this clown's desire to be the political leader, head of state and the president of a once great nation clearly shows the world just how far America has fallen.
oh gawwd u sound so utterly canadian right now..
U obviously dont understand the nuances of a good American election.
This is what the voters want....a spectacle. It's entertaining...

I mean, look at your former mayor of Toronto? We loved him. He was entertaining to the highest order. He was a star on our late night comedy shows. Yet, we all knew he was a bumbling idiot, but we still loved him.

American election season is a tradition of ridiculousness that outsiders don't seem to understand. That's the beauty of it. Literally anyone can run for the highest office. . whether they actually get there is another story, but they can try.... and A for effort in my book.
The beauty of election season is watching these people campaign, watching them win over crowds, watching them make awful mistakes, watching the spectacle and debating it. That's what we do and we do it well.

So to say we are a "once great nation who has fallen" is just so ....for lack of a better word... dumb.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Sure.

He'll be doing the buying.

On a serious note, I can't imagine someone alienating the Latino population (the support of which much of the Republican party depends) and winning. You don't have to be Mexican to be disgusted at his comments. "Some, I assume, are good people"? What a douchebag!!!! He's already demonstrated a total lack of judgment and couth. Yuck! I used to live his show a long time ago.
Again, I ask. Why would telling the truth about illegal aliens alienate Latino citizens? Aren't they obligated to respect our immigration laws just like the rest of us? Illegal aliens being good people is an oxymoron. First they had no respect for our immigration laws and then they go on to take jobs they aren't entitled to while using a fake or stolen ID (a felony) or income tax evasion by working under the table. Good people don't take things that don't belong to them and cause hardship on those they take from. Some or many commit even more serious crimes. They are a tax burden to the American taxpayer also. Yeah, good people lie and cheat......

Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Trump is an even worse bully than Chrisite.
Bully???? Really.. You have one instance so far of Christie bullying (nope I am not a supprter of his).

Very hypocritical to say considering what Obama & Democrats have done. And I used to be a Dem.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:42 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, I ask. Why would telling the truth about illegal aliens alienate Latino citizens? Aren't they obligated to respect our immigration laws just like the rest of us? Illegal aliens being good people is an oxymoron. First they had no respect for our immigration laws and then they go on to take jobs they aren't entitled to while using a fake or stolen ID (a felony) or income tax evasion by working under the table. Good people don't take things that don't belong to them and cause hardship on those they take from. Some or many commit even more serious crimes. They are a tax burden to the American taxpayer also. Yeah, good people lie and cheat......
Agreed. Although you do get some decent people coming across but also 1000s of bad ones too. Some are fleeing for safety and valid reasons while the criminals come across to make money from drugs (because which people have the money to buy hose drugs) and whatever else.
In my opinion, the media simply opposes people if they have a differing opinion or aren't PC.
I am ignorant and don't use Google . Enlighten me. Can we can just go across Canada to legally work and get free education and healthcare?

Last edited by frankrj; 06-30-2015 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,810,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
And you actually believe the "motives" of ANY person running for office, play the "my team is better", "the best of the worst" mind game? Who'd "likeable"??? "oh, I like him/her.....he/she lies just a little better than the other, telling me all the things I want to hear/what they will do to make this country so much better...they get my vote!"

But thanks for the humor.

Oh heck no. I've always believed that the president was nothing more then a puppet for big business, and since "The Donald" (gag me) is big business, I would wonder what he wanted to take on such a huge responsibility for? Believe it or not people do vote on the "likeable" factor. "They" can tell you a pack of lies about how "they" will make the country better if you're so inclined to want to believe them. Personally I believe that there has been a system in place since the beginning of our country that dictates to the president that the electoral college elects what to do based on what's better for big business. It's never been about the little guy. It's much like the machine politics of Chicago. It perpetuates on and on with different players. I'm glad I gave you a laugh, that's always been my main motivation here. I know I've had quite a few morning chuckles with my cup of tea here that I appreciate before I have to go out there and deal with the 3D world. I hope you have a good day.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
"Some, I assume, are good people"? What a douchebag!!!! He's already demonstrated a total lack of judgment and couth.
Better to keep with the current mantra of "They are all just hardworking people wanting a better life in the USA", "Illegal immigrants only do jobs Americans wont do" and "Illegal immigrants stimulate the economy".

Old 06-30-2015, 11:27 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,833,008 times
Har! I love it that Trump is running for President.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
oh gawwd u sound so utterly canadian right now..
U obviously dont understand the nuances of a good American election.
This is what the voters want....a spectacle. It's entertaining...

I mean, look at your former mayor of Toronto? We loved him. He was entertaining to the highest order. He was a star on our late night comedy shows. Yet, we all knew he was a bumbling idiot, but we still loved him.

American election season is a tradition of ridiculousness that outsiders don't seem to understand. That's the beauty of it. Literally anyone can run for the highest office. . whether they actually get there is another story, but they can try.... and A for effort in my book.
The beauty of election season is watching these people campaign, watching them win over crowds, watching them make awful mistakes, watching the spectacle and debating it. That's what we do and we do it well.

So to say we are a "once great nation who has fallen" is just so ....for lack of a better word... dumb.
Well. It IS good to look on the bright side from time to time and we do seem to love a spectacle.

So . . I'm going to look at all this as a positive for a change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events