Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 12:53 AM

109 posts, read 141,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Regardless of your views of abortion, since the fetus is no longer viable I don't understand the outrage. What's wrong with using it for research? That research might eventually help living adults who are suffering from disease or other illness.

Sorry, but this seems like manufactured outrage to me.
Yep, if we're going by logic, then this is a non issue. If we're going by deep held religious beliefs then it is an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 06:15 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,804 times
Kill a baby= "oh that's okay"

Kill a puppy= pitchforks and torches

Our country is hilariously backwards.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:31 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
I'm disgusted but not really shocked. What do you expect from people who kill babies for a living?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Regardless of your views of abortion, since the fetus is no longer viable I don't understand the outrage. What's wrong with using it for research? That research might eventually help living adults who are suffering from disease or other illness.

Sorry, but this seems like manufactured outrage to me.

Manufactured outrage? When partial-birth abortion lends itself perfectly to the harvesting of organs? And, when that's not used, an abortionist states, on record, that she'd "crush above and below the liver" to keep that organ intact?

I see.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,703,819 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Penquin View Post
As mentioned, this is just annother con job by James O kiefe
Is There Another Bogus Undercover Video Attacking Planned Parenthood? | Crooks and Liars
Apparently every one on page 2, 3 and 4 missed this. Perhaps it should be posted every 10 replies or so.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:46 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
I am pro-abortion. What strikes me about this situation though is how it seems to contradict the common talking point about late term abortions being so rare as to be almost non existent. If these harvested organs are usable then the babies must have developed to a rather advanced state before they were killed.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

What if the research done on that organ could someday save the life of your 4 year old?
I am sure if you dig deep you’ll find Joseph Mengele saying the same thing at some point in his defense. Listen, I don’t care if you cure cancer tomorrow. You can’t harvest body parts. It is repugnant, immoral, criminal and revolting. It is two steps away from becoming an industry, if it is not already, where poor women get pregnant to sell the child’s organs. Same thing happened with child support payments for unwed mothers. Having more children became a source of income.

"Now, at Auschwitz, with full license to maim or kill his subjects, Mengele performed a broad range of agonizing and often lethal experiments with Jewish and Roma (“Gypsy”) twins, most of them children."

Old 07-16-2015, 09:15 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I am pro-abortion. What strikes me about this situation though is how it seems to contradict the common talking point about late term abortions being so rare as to be almost non existent. If these harvested organs are usable then the babies must have developed to a rather advanced state before they were killed.
They're rare, but they still happen, when the fetus is non-viable and/or the mother's life is in danger.

Edit: the point usually made is that they occur for medical reasons, not slutty sluts killing their babies to enable their partying.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Everything is a business. The main problem I see here even for those who are Pro-choice is that some doctors could be choosing to alter abortion procedures to preserve organs because they can make more money out of it. Of course they would just say they would charge more because "storing and shipping organs is more expensive"

I can't stand conservatives and their views about gays, science, guns, religion etc but this is the only issue I agree with them. Abortion is unethical. Yes having a bunch of unwanted babies is bad for society but aborting them for economic reasons is nothing more than eugenics.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:17 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Penquin View Post
As mentioned, this is just annother con job by James O kiefe
Is There Another Bogus Undercover Video Attacking Planned Parenthood? | Crooks and Liars
They lie as much as the Dems do. They should change parties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events