Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 10:07 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
It is not unreasonable, but when the woman said no, he should have let it go, unless he could show some reason why smoking a cigarette could endanger his life.
A cigarette(fire) could be considered a weapon, not deadly, and not very good. but a weapon non the less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I read yesterday that she had a suspended license, 10 stops and multiple arrests over the last 8 years for DUI and driving offenses, and over $10,000 in unpaid court costs. More than likely her license plate would show she had outstanding warrants in Chicago when ran.

The saddest thing of all is that no one in her family could bail her out in the 3 days she sat in jail needing $500.00.
Oh please, he ran her plate and her driver's license. If she had warrants the whole thing would have gone down differently, or even if he had failed to arrest her for the warrants, the warrant detainer would have been added when she was booked in the jail.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
A cigarette(fire) could be considered a weapon, not deadly, and not very good. but a weapon non the less.
THAT ^ is absurd. If you want to claim something like that, then you would need to say that your vehicle registration is a weapon because it might inflict a paper cut on the cop

Old 07-23-2015, 10:16 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
THAT ^ is absurd. If you want to claim something like that, then you would need to say that your vehicle registration is a weapon because it might inflict a paper cut on the cop
LOL! Funny.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
All we're hearing are questions about how a "routine traffic stop" and a "minor traffic infraction" snowballed into this. Exactly. Who copped an immediate attitude and turned this into an activist's challenge of an officer? She did.

So now authorities are being slammed for not sufficiently monitoring her given her history of depression.
Sounds to me like a shakedown is coming.

And why do you think they ask questions about depression and thoughts of suicide? Apparently you think those questions serve no purpose or should lead to any additional action on the part of the police.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
So could a pen. Maybe cops should make people sign things in crayon.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:47 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I JUST was pulled over: expired inspection sticker. "Yes Sir." "Yes Ma'am" I am white and getting pulled over means you behave in an appropriate fashion with law enforcement officers, if you cannot do that you are asking for trouble. The policeman in his dealings with Sandra Bland WAS excessive, she was way out of line though. You don't behave in that fashion. On that note you don't yank someone out of a car because they are being belligerent.
Baloney. He just flex his muscles on a black woman. Her action were not criminal. Nothing she did was over the top. She just pissed off a white cop.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:49 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
The question may have been on a routine booking form to alert jail staff to do a suicide watch and make sure that there is nothing in the cell that could facilitate a suicide. Many woman who have a miscarriage are depressed for a time thereafter. Whether or not this incident would have been enough to tip her emotional equilibrium - unknown, but the way she was treated by the arresting officer could have.

When a person is jailed the agency has the responsibility to care for and protect that person.

Last edited by Nell Plotts; 07-23-2015 at 11:00 AM..

Old 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM

Nell, that's my point. There's a reason they ask the question.

Some people aren't considering the fact that, because she was black, she may have been pulled over more often than the rest of us, and therefore disgusted by the whole process.

I don't think being terse, or even rude, justifies a cop not being professional.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So could a pen. Maybe cops should make people sign things in crayon.
oh thanks a lot, I just spit coffee all over my keyboard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events