Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No. I don't feel sympathy for the guy. None. Just a general sense of unease about the extradition. It's Zimbabwe, not Mexico or Canada. I wish the lion would have eaten him. It would make things easier. If Obama's admin grants this extradition, it's going to be a political ****storm.
It will be a **** storm either way. Now that Zimbabwe has officially indicated its intent that he be extradited, there will be many people who will be outraged if he is not extradited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 PM

372 posts, read 599,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
You think and believe that more people care? Then how did the lion's brother get wacked a few days later? The people who are paid to care don't care. This is all a game about money and getting money from people who have kind yet gullible hearts.

If the lions mattered that much, why were they being pimped like unpaid prostitutes to take pictures? They were conditioned to accept people as nothing to worry about, they lost their natural defense which is to be wary of human beings.

They paid for their lack of natural defense with their lives because people decided that making money taking pictures of them with tourists was worth more than their lives.

And that is why they are dead.

Guess what? Now a whole new greed will come in to make money of the lion's death.

That is how much all the bleeding hearts care. Stop being emotional about this, it doesn't help and in fact hurts.

His brother didn't die. Yeah I do think more people care. Because of this incident and Blackfish, people are becoming more concerned about conservation. Being passionate about saving animals is a bad thing? LOL. Actually you need to be emotional , people don't save what they don't care about.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
You don't think that refusing to honor an extradition treaty could backfire? Maybe the next time the US government requests that Zimbabwe extradite a fugitive, they will feel the same and refuse.
I don't know. It just makes me uneasy. Someone will undoubtedly make this about race. We have enough of that right now. Obviously this is just an opinion and I'm not stating it as fact.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:02 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Extradite his ass.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:37 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It will be a **** storm either way. Now that Zimbabwe has officially indicated its intent that he be extradited, there will be many people who will be outraged if he is not extradited.
Screw them. You don't extradite citizens of a real country to a backward quasi-country with no morality and a history of violence and corruption where the HUMAN CITIZENS are treated like insects.

He's a hunter. He shot a jungle beast. Not a human. A bloody jungle beast. It's not a big deal. It's a property crime at the worst.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:44 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Since mankind figured out how to kill other things. Throughout the history of man, there has been sport hunting. This isn't anything new. The only reason this is even in the news is because who did it, not that it was done.

I don't have anything against sport hunting or even trophy hunting, but where's the sport in luring an animal to you with food and shooting it while it's eating rather than a fair chase? There's no skill or sport in that. Might as well raise them in a pen.

Personally, I would not mind seeing lion hunts banned though. Not because I have anything against hunting, but because of the way lion societies work. The lions trophy hunters generally want to kill are the big, impressive adult males in charge of a pride. The adult males stay with the pride until they are killed or ousted by younger males. When a new male or group of males take over a pride, they almost always kill all the cubs and the pride loses an entire generation. Yes, males will eventually die from natural causes, but that doesn't happen very often. Once they make it to adulthood, they usually live 10-14 years with 6-10 years in a pride.

Cecil was old and probably near the end of his natural lifespan, but that's not always the case. From a conservationist standpoint, I think the world could do without lion hunting.

Last edited by Hesster; 08-02-2015 at 11:53 PM..

Old 08-03-2015, 03:24 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Default More trophy killing....by another well educated US doctor

This just sickens me....why don't these guys get male enhancement procedures done instead? It would be cheaper and far more humane. Killing elephants as trophy? As if the species is not already under pressure from poaching for their tusks!

Cecil the lion: Another US hunter, Jan Casmir Sieski, suspected of illegal Zimbabwe lion kill - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Old 08-03-2015, 03:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
This just sickens me....why don't these guys get male enhancement procedures done instead? It would be cheaper and far more humane. Killing elephants as trophy? As if the species is not already under pressure from poaching for their tusks!

Cecil the lion: Another US hunter, Jan Casmir Sieski, suspected of illegal Zimbabwe lion kill - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
It's revolting. He's killed five elephants, a rhino, and the poor zebra he is pictured with. And he's a frickin doctor!

Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Plenty of melodrama ..... the mighty hunter and his family could get hurt, and it's all your fault because you went to Twitter and various other places that had the same info and posted it here on C-D!!!
Quite a disconnect you've got going on there. Your actions have consequences. This is something most of us learn in preschool.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
The act of deliberately finding and posting that information in a thread where there are multiple calls for murdering this dentist (exaggerated or not) is not an innocent act of sharing publicly available information. No matter how you spin it. One day the courts will be forced to make a decision on this once and for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone
Someone should hunt this fat dentist for his fake teeth as a trophy! Disgusting excuse for a human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks
Anyone that intentionally kills an animal for sport should be tortured and killed slowly over a period of months while their family is forced to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek
Throw him into the lion exhibit at the closest zoo. This man deserves death.

Quote:
This man deserves to die a horrible and painful death, maybe in the last few moments of his life he will understand the complete and utter inhumanity of his hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain
F-ing POS. He'll get what he deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain
OMFG I just read they skinned and beheaded it. I'm going to go stab someone. W T F. I hope he gets skinned and beheaded. STUPID F!!!

Quote:
It appears that his home address is now out on the internet. Let the hunter become the hunted.

minethatbird apparently can't connect the dots from A to B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events