Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 10:55 AM

42,815 posts, read 26,532,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Did YOU?

Either you saw the edited version that I saw this morning, or you saw the clip that shows yet another uncooperative driver, and don't care. It's always a tragedy when someone is killed, but refusing to produce a license, arguing about it with the cop, then bolting from the car won't end well.

And that wimp of a prosecutor who did, indeed, hastily throw the cop under the bus? Well that's one way to keep the DOJ out of his hair.

I pity the cops who have to put up with this garbaghe every time they make a stop.
I watched two videos, unedited. One from Tensing's body cam, and a second from another officer who pulled up when Tensing was sitting on the ground.

He didn't refuse to produce a license, he told the cop he didn't have it with him, and he wasn't at all rude when he said that, and there is no evidence he was "bolting from the car" so please, stick to the facts

Old 07-30-2015, 10:56 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,648,238 times
I have not been following this one but I watched the video. It is not entirely clear but it looks like the guy started his car and tried to drive away. I don't know that this justifies shooting but I suppose the cop could have feared that the perp was going to try to run him over.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I have not been following this one but I watched the video. It is not entirely clear but it looks like the guy started his car and tried to drive away. I don't know that this justifies shooting but I suppose the cop could have feared that the perp was going to try to run him over.
How? the cop was next to the car not in front of it

Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,345,633 times
This failure of a cop shouldn't be allowed to keep a sharp pencil, much less a sidearm.

Now, as to the charge of first degree murder, that is just gilding the lily. The only reason they're overcharging him is to avoid violence (which isn't called for.) My guess? He'll get convicted of second degree murder and receive the lightest allowable sentence.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,072,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Did YOU?

Either you saw the edited version that I saw this morning, or you saw the clip that shows yet another uncooperative driver, and don't care. It's always a tragedy when someone is killed, but refusing to produce a license, arguing about it with the cop, then bolting from the car won't end well.
Maybe he wanted to go and get his license, so he could produce it and put an end to the argument. It's kind of hard to produce your license, if you don't have it with you. But of course white people never forget their license at home.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
This failure of a cop shouldn't be allowed to keep a sharp pencil, much less a sidearm.

Now, as to the charge of first degree murder, that is just gilding the lily. The only reason they're overcharging him is to avoid violence (which isn't called for.) My guess? He'll get convicted of second degree murder and receive the lightest allowable sentence.
In Ohio there is no first or second degree murder, just murder. The DA explained that in his news conference yesterday

Old 07-30-2015, 11:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,393,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Great, then start a group All Lives Matter to work to end it. I have a feeling that the people involved with Black Lives Matter would support you.
Really? I'm not so sure about that.

Please Stop Telling Me That All Lives Matter*|*Julia Craven

Why Black Lives Matter keeps tripping up politicians — of both parties - The Washington Post

Hillary Clinton's 3-Word Misstep: 'All Lives Matter' : It's All Politics : NPR

There are already numerous "All Lives Matter" groups, by the way.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:17 AM

17,183 posts, read 23,026,248 times
Interesting. Here is another video of Tensing stopping another black male.

Note: He has no reason to detain them. He never tells them what he stopped them for. He asks for the passenger's name and address when he has no reasonable suspicion of any crime. These guys know their rights and will not step out of the car and the passenger will not identify himself which is perfectly within his legal rights. They ask for his supervisor and he refuses to provide that, so they actually call the Cincinnati cops to say they are being harassed by the University police. You don't see Tensing's face right away - you see it at about 4:30 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBAq...yer_detailpage

Old 07-30-2015, 11:18 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,998,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Cops in my neck of the woods make upwards of 70k per year. On the low end.
Would you do the job for 70K? How about joining up then? All these people who complain about the salaries of others never seem to want to do the work.

Why is that? It is called jealousy. Plain and simple. You sit there and complain about what the trash pickup guy makes, the cop makes, the doctor makes and the dog catcher makes but never ever think about doing any of it.

An Animal Control Officer starts at $57,000 in some places. You'd probably complain about that too until your cat got stuck in some tree.

If salaries had anything to do with this then why aren't you concerned about how much the Board of Reagents make at colleges and universities? Look at the job they are doing. Hundreds of thousands.

On the low end.

Tell us all, what would you charge someone for you to work on all your holidays, your anniversary, your kids birthdays and when called, any other day too in addition to your regular work day?

Please, the cop killed someone wrongly. As in murder but to sit there and start talking about salaries? You are clueless.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:25 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,998,035 times
In some big cities, trash collectors makes $140,000 and up. What is the point about talking about salaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events