Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 02:07 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,589 times

Advertisements

In some states they are illegal and are supposed to have extra patrols out on the streets to had out ticket or warning. People every year have fingers,eyes and other injuries take place or injure some one else or start a fire. Even at professional displays there are EMTs and firef ighters on seen. Humans are disobedient to the core and no one is going to tell them what to do and that's when their sober, when not sober look out as this stuff can happen. By the way just for fun, anyone know the last time a women managed to pull this off? Just saying!

Last edited by luv my dayton; 08-01-2015 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
anyone know the last time a women managed to pull this off?
Pull what off? Just because he got his head blasted off doesn't mean he pulled it off.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:38 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
what used to be called "liberals" have re-named and re-invented themselves as "progressives".
Just because you call someone a liberal doesn't make them a liberal. A true liberal's goals are freedom for ordinary people. Freedom from oppression by rich people who buy the government to use it as a weapon against ordinary people to rob them and oppress them.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:54 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,500 times
There are laws covering this already:

Laws of Nature...nature culls the herd.
The laws of supply and demand....currently we're overstocked on idiots.
Murphy's Law...well...anyone could have predicted THIS outcome.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:32 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,641,005 times
These loud explosive firecrackers are dangerous to people's hearing. I know from first hand experience. I wish they would all be outlawed which I know isn't going to happen. If these things were only set off the weekend of the fourth that would be manageable, but idiots set them off all hours throughout the summer. No one should have to be blasted out of their home due to other people's idea of "fun." I've never understood the appeal of these things. It's a deafening loud noise...big whoop.... oh boy I did something great by setting one off.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:19 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
My wife remembers shooting off fireworks with her uncle.

He would take his cigarette out of his mouth, light the firecracker, throw the firecracker, and put the cigarette back in his mouth.

Except for that time he lit the firecracker, threw the cigarette, and lost all his front teeth.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My wife remembers shooting off fireworks with her uncle.

He would take his cigarette out of his mouth, light the firecracker, throw the firecracker, and put the cigarette back in his mouth.

Except for that time he lit the firecracker, threw the cigarette, and lost all his front teeth.
Holy ****.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Just because you call someone a liberal doesn't make them a liberal. A true liberal's goals are freedom for "ordinary people'. Freedom from oppression by rich people who buy the government to use it as a weapon against "ordinary people" to rob them and oppress them.

(Emphasis added)
So just as George Orwell expressed it in 1984,

"We're all equal here, but some are more equal than others."

What you propose is nothing more than rule by a gang of thugs (presumably, with you and those you deem your friends as the more influential among the thugs).

I'm prepared to wait a very long time for your reply to this point.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-01-2015 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-01-2015, 09:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
That’s right, she isn’t blaming her son, or circumstance for the 4th of July death. She is blaming the fireworks and the lack of even more laws regulating them.

Devon Staples, 22, was – by all accounts – drinking with his friends when he accidentally blew himsefl up with a mortar tube. But apparently his mother is not blaming the alcohol.

Mom Demands ‘Tougher Fireworks Laws’ After Son Lights Them Off Head and Dies

I am sorry this woman lost her son. I blame it on his age and alcohol.
That mother sounds like the type who'd claim their stupid son was "turning their life around" after being killed while in commission of a robbery. The mother is in denial about the idiot she raised.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
in some states they are illegal and are supposed to have extra patrols out on the streets to had out ticket or warning. People every year have fingers,eyes and other injuries take place or injure some one else or start a fire. Even at professional displays there are emts and firef ighters on seen. Humans are disobedient to the core and no one is going to tell them what to do and that's when their sober, when not sober look out as this stuff can happen. By the way just for fun, anyone know the last time a women managed to pull this off? Just saying!
ban humans now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events