Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 03:36 AM

545 posts, read 597,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
How about passing a law that requires everyone to take responsibility for their own stupidity.

You can't legislate common sense. We keep trying, but it never completely works... and never will. Sometimes humans are just their own worst enemy.

I second and third that statement!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 05:33 AM

519 posts, read 779,759 times
I think you should be required to have a special license if you want to operate fireworks.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:13 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,391,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Where do I propose rule by a gang of thugs? Or rule by anyone?

What point are you waiting for me to reply to? I don't see any point.

What does anything I wrote have to do with 1984? Or Animal Farm? Or equality? Or any such thing?

I'm not saying you're incoherent. Just that what you're trying to say is not clear to me.
Like most people under the spell of the "progressives", you present yourself as someone who knows what would be best for everybody else, if only you, and those you agree with, had all the power. You whine about concern for "ordinary people", but you want to decide who's "ordinary' and who's not. You make very little distinction between people who got somewhere by their own efforts, and manipulators who misused the power of a government that's too big for ill-gotten gain, but instead of removing or reducing that power, you just want to seize it for your own ideas.

Animal Farm was all about the lust for, and abuse of power, and it was popularized at a time when two evil men named Hitler and Stalin had clearly demonstrated where the pursuit of power usually leads.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-02-2015 at 07:07 AM..

Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 AM

18,566 posts, read 15,673,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
So she wants training in order to buy fireworks. Yes, fireworks are definitely the most harmful thing a person can buy. I demand training for poison and knives too.
The other thing is that training won't prevent a drunk person from doing drunk person things.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,100,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
I think you should be required to have a special license if you want to operate fireworks.
Would that be the same kind of license one is required to have for doing other more important or potentially dangerous/deadly things like voting,parenting,operating power tools,boating,ATV riding,base jumping,hang gliding etc?

Old 08-02-2015, 08:27 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,251,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
That’s right, she isn’t blaming her son, or circumstance for the 4th of July death. She is blaming the fireworks and the lack of even more laws regulating them.

Devon Staples, 22, was – by all accounts – drinking with his friends when he accidentally blew himsefl up with a mortar tube. But apparently his mother is not blaming the alcohol.

Mom Demands ‘Tougher Fireworks Laws’ After Son Lights Them Off Head and Dies

I am sorry this woman lost her son. I blame it on his age and alcohol.

Like Mother, Like Son.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:36 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,501,580 times
What if you just had to pass an intelligence test before being allowed to procreate? Oh , Wait! Allow me to rephrase that;

You gots to be able to pass dis test before makin dem babies!

Hey, if that lights your fuse then stop playing with matches!

Old 08-02-2015, 06:44 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,274,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Like most people under the spell of the "progressives", you present yourself as someone who knows what would be best for everybody else, if only you, and those you agree with, had all the power. You whine about concern for "ordinary people", but you want to decide who's "ordinary' and who's not. You make very little distinction between people who got somewhere by their own efforts, and manipulators who misused the power of a government that's too big for ill-gotten gain, but instead of removing or reducing that power, you just want to seize it for your own ideas.

Animal Farm was all about the lust for, and abuse of power, and it was popularized at a time when two evil men named Hitler and Stalin had clearly demonstrated where the pursuit of power usually leads.
Where do I ask for any power at all? Where do I whine about anything at all? I was merely correcting your incorrect terminology. Pardon me for thinking you might be able to understand that correction.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,560,820 times
Quote:
That’s right, she isn’t blaming her son, or circumstance for the 4th of July death. She is blaming the fireworks and the lack of even more laws regulating them.

Devon Staples, 22, was – by all accounts – drinking with his friends when he accidentally blew himsefl up with a mortar tube. But apparently his mother is not blaming the alcohol.

Yes I agree that alcohol is a problem but even intoxicated... putting a live round on your head... Not okay. Most drunk people still put them on the ground.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:38 PM

103 posts, read 88,856 times
Quote:

I am not sorry at all. Its always some white person that is ticked off and wants to change laws, no you have stupid kids, well darwinism sucks, so deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events