Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 04:10 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is definitely not true.

If African Americans truly believed that "black lives matter" then there would daily protests over the massive carnage in the black community. Instead there is silence over the many thousands of blacks killed in black communities every year.

But when some horrible thug like Mike Brown tries to kill a cop, and the cop defends himself and kills him, then everyone gets outraged. So basically too many people (both African American and not) are huge hypocrites, and don't believe that "black lives matter".

Essentially, the fact that all of us know about Ferguson, and Baltimore, and the rest, is proof that in the black community, black lives don't matter right now, because the black community ignores the thousands of dead blacks in favor of a few thugs justifiably killed by cops.
NOLA, you know this because you're a black person right, you live within one of the major black communities in the US, and you get your information on the ground? Yeah right! Your expertise starts and stops with what you see on TV. I'm not in charge of Fox News so I can't control your perspective like they can.

To start, within the black community(s) there are many movements geared towards reducing violence. Here in Los Angeles I've personally volunteered at different men's rehabilitation homes, gang outreach programs, and the Midnight Mission next to skid row. Everyone that was with me were all volunteers too and there were no Fox News talking heads and cameras. In Los Angeles churches & members go into bad neighborhoods reaching out to the people in our community that need help and inviting them to the church. They also setup crews that go around painting over graffiti.

Both you and I know that black lives matter to most black people, but a white supremacist perspective won't allow you to admit the truth. With our long and shared American history I understand why certain people think in a certain way. It's about time for people to start listening with a third ear, seeing with a third eye, and admit when it's time to let an outdated way of thinking go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I absolutely addressed the point.

Your "point" is nonsense. Why should I "go up to a black person"? That makes no sense. What does a random black person's opinion have to do with anything? Blacks are not a monolithic group and have a variety of opinions.
You should ask and head to the source because you have a negative and false perspective of black people in general. I guarantee that if you ask 100 random black people at least 99% of them would answer that yes, black lives matter to me. It's a simple exercise that will help you get to the bottom of your false narrative.

Honestly, I don't think you are going to ask anybody because you don't want your logical fallacy shattered with facts. It's quite healthy to confront your demons, especially when you're a conservative with black people on the brain 24/7...

Old 08-13-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why are you hoping a black person will shoot/assult him/her.
The likely result would be a conservative getting enlightened, not violence...

Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Black lives only matter is there's a white person opposite them. Otherwise, black on black crime in da hood is just a part of life in da hood.
Black on black homicide is as acceptable as blacks calling each other the n-word. It da hood culcha, this is the "unwritten" law.

A few years back Hamilton County coroner O'dell Owens blasted a crowd at a murder scene because witnesses would not cooperate with the police and tell what they saw.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Black on black homicide is as acceptable as blacks calling each other the n-word. It da hood culcha, this is the "unwritten" law.

A few years back Hamilton County coroner O'dell Owens blasted a crowd at a murder scene because witnesses would not cooperate with the police and tell what they saw.
^^^Look another conservative that is an expert on black culture...

Old 08-13-2015, 05:12 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When someone misappropriates a righteous slogan, the soldiers of justice sound off!
They aren't "soldiers of justice". They're self absorbed, loudmouth Marxist bullies who value nothing and want to appropriate everything.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:13 PM

366 posts, read 494,089 times
Losing the Race by John McWhorter addresses a lot of this (he's a black writer, btw and very educated and eloquent.)

All lives matter so I don't think that is really any kind of snub to the BLM movement because the BLM movement is kind of racist in only saying that BLM. It segregates itself.

What really hurts is to keep seeing black people killing each other, destroying each other, pressuring each other to be uneducated or to get involved with gangs etc. Their mothers are crying for them and they won't stop. They have this misplaced pride -- not proud of being educated, upstanding citizens but proud of the "thug/gansta" lifestyle and lingo. Proud to break their mothers' hearts, too. Proud to destroy their own homes, families and neighborhoods. Proud that they steal or kill. They throw their talents and potential away and why?

Because they have been historically conditioned to believe that education is "white" and that obeying the law is "white" and modern civilization is "white" and they reject it based on that, outright.

They have not adopted education as their own or peace as their own. It is something forced on them by "whitey" and strips them of their identity as black people and their history and culture (so they think.)

The thing is, it doesn't. Peace and prosperity, education and skill and talent belong to everyone regardless of color. And there are more opportunities now than ever before. They can make their parents and even their ancestors proud by rising above that stuff, but so many of them don't.

I believe it's conditioning and peer pressure combined with racism (on all sides, coming and going) that holds many blacks (especially the ever-lost young black male) back.

Someone just posted some lyrics to a Snoop Dogg rap song that made me pretty sick and I'm jaded at this point so that's saying a lot. I wondered why on Earth black men treat women like they do and why black women allow it? It's utterly degrading and disgusting. They don't give women the respect they give dogs. That's another problem.

But yes, like so many have said, it is the manufactured culture that is in direct response to the rejection of "white" culture and it is unfortunate that they chose violence and mayhem as their culture when it really isn't. They've been handed a raw deal and they not only accepted it but they revel in it and can't understand why they're not getting anywhere and not respected. Demanding and earning respect are two very different things and unless they (and everyone really) learn to earn it instead of demanding it, they will never get anywhere.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:32 PM

335 posts, read 325,124 times
The debate of the white vs. black life experience may be argued as long as people can voice an opinion. Honestly, it's already too old in my opinion. What nobody will address is the simple fact that the people who can not conform to abide by the simplest guidelines society deemed acceptable must be eliminated. We need jobs in this country. Build as may jails as needed to get the offenders off the streets. (YES, any color) Simple fact is, thanks to liberal crapola, the law abiding citizen is showing up at a gun fight with a knife. I'm all for peaceful protests and people being heard, however, after the first shot is fired, rock throw, business or police car set on fire, corral everyone and give them a 10 year prison sentence. We need to step it up as a country and impose consequences for behavior that just plain barbaric.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
You didn't address the point; go up to a black person and ask your questions and make your points.

Are they on pedestals? Why not merely ask a black person? I can go next door and knock on the door. I doubt he or his wife are on a dais and we can converse freely.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So based on your logic please tell us which black man is known as the source ? Is it any black man? Certain ages ?
It's simple...

Obama, the magical white black man.

What he says is always correct in his weird little world. Ask his minions; they will agree and curse you in the same breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events