Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 11:36 PM

103 posts, read 82,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You sound too intelligent to be duped this easily. First of all, the statement that "If a country is majority white, then the criminals are obviously majority white" implies that criminality is evenly distributed across the population. And yet, the very charts that you included in your post discredit that notion. Take a look at those charts. First of all, the data is skewed, in that Hispanics are not separately tallied in the "race of those who feloniously kill police" chart, so we don't know how much of an impact they are having. Personally, I would bet that most of the Hispanic offenders are lumped in with the "white" category; but since I don't know this for certain, I'll have to just take the numbers at face value. But even with that caveat, what this chart shows is that white people (72.4% of the population, according to you) made up 53% of cop killers. But the 12.6% of the population who are black represent 44% of cop killers. In other words, blacks kill police officers at rates that are hugely disproportionate to their share of the population, while whites are substantially less likely to kill the police than their share of the population would suggest. THAT is why blacks are killed by police at disproportionate rates; because the officers are defending themselves against an unusually violent subset of the population.

Notice, by the way, that Asians (of which the poster I am quoting is one) are less likely to be killed by the police than any other racial group. To what do you attribute this? (1) Police officers like Asian people more than they like anyone else, or (2) Asians, as a group, are more law-abiding than others. I'm guessing the second one . . . which probably has the pleasant benefit of making the first one more plausible as well.
You know what? That could actually be a fault on my part. Maybe I should've taken the time to read the whole website and all of its data rather than doing a quick google search just to put up some evidence on here ASAP. Nevertheless, black people are still killed by the police at a higher rate than other races. That's obviously why BLM is a big thing. It's obviously a factor as to why black people and some other minorities and white people get upset when they see the figures.
We can't deny that there's a stigma placed on black people that makes cops act in unreasonable ways at times. Pulling black people over without any proper explanation or something as trivial as failing to signal a turn in time is common. I talked to a 17 year old black female. She is my friend's sister. She got pulled over while on her way to CVS in her aunt's predominantly white town without explanation. A 17 year old in a pristine, bright yellow 2008 Mini Cooper with a huge Rutgers University sticker on it (she just got accepted at the time)...They asked her why she was there at night, sat around for 30 minutes with her license, and let her go. She could've easily filed a complaint and taken the issue to court but she dropped the issue.
A quick google search can pop up lots of instances like this too but make sure you read your quick google searches carefully.. unlike me!

As for the Asian rates, I really don't know. If Asians come here, a lot of them are already qualified in their own country to practice a profession. They earn certification to work in the USA either to make USD $$$ or have a better quality of life. They probably don't want to risk that by messing with the law. A lot of Asians here are escapees of war and come here to start a new life too.
But Asians aren't perfect. Tax fraud, rape, and other things happen among Asians in America.
Police officers don't like Asians more, by the way.. If they did, I wouldn't have so many speeding tickets! Lol

Last edited by crna101; 08-14-2015 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 07:26 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,579,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"Grey matter matters."

There's an unwritten rule in social etiquette. If you are parodying the name of a cause, it needs to be either a direct parody of that cause to get people to see and understand what it really is, or it needs to be a similar cause with similar concerns. It can't be a light-hearted event that has nothing at all to do with the original cause; it has to fall into one of those two categories.

For instance, "New Lives Matter" would be a good group name for people who do not agree with abortion or want to protect babies placed in foster care or abandoned by their parents. Likewise, "Black Lives Don't Matter" (or something similar) would be a good mocking nickname for BLM if it can be proven to most of society that they do not care about their own people and actually protect criminals. The "Blue Lives Matter" slogan, however, to my knowledge, did not fall into one of these two common categories, so of course it was read as "racist."

Last edited by krmb; 08-15-2015 at 07:51 AM..

Old 08-15-2015, 08:24 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,101,174 times
Its always funny hearing non-Blacks talk about how Blacks don't care about Black lives. You can tell that their only exposure to the culture is via mainstream media. Maybe the media isn't paying attention to the community movements. There are so many grassroots movements against violence in the ghettos, so many church movements against violence, so many songs against violence in the ghettos.

These non-Blacks do not realize that they are subconsciously disrespecting Police Officers by stating that people should equate their killings of unarmed citizens with those of criminals who are regularly arrested. People expect better of police and they should...and if they shouldn't, then that means there is a problem with the police force.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:53 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
Its always funny hearing non-Blacks talk about how Blacks don't care about Black lives.
The fact that every American has heard of Ferguson, MO, and basically no Americans know the specifics of the daily carnage in the black community every day, is proof positive that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Until the black community faces the black-on-black violence, the Black Lives Matter movement will be a sick joke, because it should be renamed the Thug Lives Matter, But Only if a White Cop is Involved movement.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:53 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I guess these moonbats think they have a patent on the 'x lives matter' meme.
I think its hilarious that theyre offended. Poor wil' babies. The "black lives matter" crowd are nothing but hypocrites, and I bet 90% of them are on government-funded welfare. They do nothing to better themselves, paint whites as "racist", ignore the crime in their own communities, and dont bat an eye when umpteen black-on-white crimes are committed daily. Let em cry. I hope numerous other "x lives matter" pop up, just to irk em. Frickin idiots!

Old 08-15-2015, 09:56 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I see how you conveniently moved the goal post. At first it was black lives don't matter to black people. I called you out on this false narrative and gave you the opportunity to validate your flawed reasoning with an on the ground survey.
The black community, for the most part, does not care about black lives, at least not enough to protest. We already know this. There are no nightly protests in Detroit and New Orleans and Chicago. The only protests are for black criminals when they are killed by cops. There is 1000x more attention given to thugs like Michael Brown than to the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks every year.

So there's no reason for a "survey". We already know the black community, for the most part, doesn't care, at least not as much as they care about police misconduct. If they did care about black on black violence, then every major U.S. city would be shut down right now with protests against the massive daily black violence.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The black community, for the most part, does not care about black lives, at least not enough to protest. We already know this. There are no nightly protests in Detroit and New Orleans and Chicago. The only protests are for black criminals when they are killed by cops. There is 1000x more attention given to thugs like Michael Brown than to the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks every year.

So there's no reason for a "survey". We already know the black community, for the most part, doesn't care, at least not as much as they care about police misconduct. If they did care about black on black violence, then every major U.S. city would be shut down right now with protests against the massive daily black violence.

Speak about your world from your own little narrow-minded, racist window. Do not speak about mine.

People living in areas where violence occurs in Chicago have worked with the churches, the mayor, various organizations to stop what's happening. They've had protests, marches, prayer services, etc. People in the neighborhood and teachers have created safe passage routes for kids going to school. Do you honestly think the thugs in those communities care? It isn't enough to stop what's going on. It's like blaming the towns that have been overtaken for not doing enough to stop ISIS, for God's sake.

At one point USA Today reported that nearly twice a week, over a seven year period that ended in 2012, a white police officer killed a black person. Now you would automatically assume that it was all warranted. The rest of us know better.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:52 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,101,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The fact that every American has heard of Ferguson, MO, and basically no Americans know the specifics of the daily carnage in the black community every day, is proof positive that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Until the black community faces the black-on-black violence, the Black Lives Matter movement will be a sick joke, because it should be renamed the Thug Lives Matter, But Only if a White Cop is Involved movement.
If you read pass that one line it would be obvious what my post is trying to say...you are the one with no clue...you think Black people dont care about violence in the ghetto...you are entirely ignorant of the Black experience but still feel the need to pontificate on things you know nothing about...was a slick little move u did by addressing that one line...u exposed yourself entirely with that one move...I know what you are about...hopefully others with an open mind can read my post and not be swayed by your ignorance

Old 08-17-2015, 02:12 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
How could you easily conceive that mindset if that neighborhood is all you know? You don't travel much and you don't see any other neighborhood.
It's like expecting your grandma to come up with ways on how to make YouTube better. Your grandma probably doesn't know much about YouTube just like how someone in a bad neighborhood doesn't know much on how to have a stable job with high potential.
Do you really think that everyone who grows up in a bad neighborhood grows up thinking "I want to live in this neighborhood all my life. Why would I want to leave all this crime, drugs, violence, and oppression we have here."? Please...

The simple fact is this: There are people in every city in America who grew up in bad neighborhoods who have lifted themselves up and out.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Since you don't know the answer to this why don't you walk up to the next black person you see and ask them? Black livse matter to the over whelming majority of black people but there is a small violent minority of people within the community that cause trouble. Things are getting better but not as fast as most of us will like...
Have you looked at the unemployment numbers, incarceration rates, drop-out rates, welfare rates and unmarried mother rates of black people lately?

I'm guessing not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events