Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
Like I said, all colors see the world in different colors. This means that I can't see the world through a black person's eyes
You can't see the world through a white person's eyes either, yet you seem quite confident in ascribing racist motives to us. I would respectfully ask that you do what you are urging the rest of us to do: put your pre-conceived notions aside, take a step back, and listen to the views and opinions of people of a different race, instead of just automatically assuming that you know our motives better than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 09:50 PM

103 posts, read 82,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You can't see the world through a white person's eyes either, yet you seem quite confident in ascribing racist motives to us. I would respectfully ask that you do what you are urging the rest of us to do: put your pre-conceived notions aside, take a step back, and listen to the views and opinions of people of a different race, instead of just automatically assuming that you know our motives better than we do.
Well your motives turned out to be pretty close to what I assumed anyway

Old 08-19-2015, 10:23 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When someone misappropriates a righteous slogan, the soldiers of justice sound off!
One of the items leading to a 30 day suspension from another board was my starting a thread encaptioned "Black Lives Matter." It was about black on black crime.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:32 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,916,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I think I'll take my chances with the Blue Lives Matter crowd.
I don't have to pick one. All lives matter. If the Black Lives Matter crowd calls that hate speech, and some have, I just engaged in hate speech. (I don't hate anybody.)

Old 08-20-2015, 08:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
A black baby knows nothing about slavery but they do know that they are somehow put at a disadvantage by society because of everyone's overall attitude. You guys just honestly proved my point here. 300 years of oppression does not simply vanish. You guys are white and have never been on the other end of it all. That's why you think that black people are just violent because they can't stop being violent. No matter how hard you try to deny it, there is something at work here that slips by your conscious mind and causes you to think a certain way. Being a minority in America causes you to be seen in a completely different way than a white person would be seen. You simply can't accept the fact that a majority of our country is racist in some way. You literally can't fathom how your race can impact every single aspect of your life. You will never understand how slavery was abolished in the 1800's but it's fingernails still pull black people back because it was a part of American culture for so long. People fought hard for civil rights. Do you really think they just sat back and started shooting people as soon as they got rights?
Many blacks are violent because again black parents are doing an absolute sh$t job of raising their kids. Plain and simple. Let's put it this way. If you took an entire generation of black babies away from black parents and gave them to non-black parents to raise. I 100% GUARANTEE a MUCH higher percentage of these babies if not most of them wouldn't grow up violent and criminal but instead turn out to be decent, educated people when they grew up than if they stayed with their biological black parents.

And also please tell me why are you excluding blacks from being racist when clearly a number of them ARE racist? You can't possibly tell me that just because you're a minority that you can't be racist too.

And lastly what you fail to mention is that blacks in Canada have the EXACT SAME crime and violence problems as blacks in the US do despite a VASTLY DIFFERENT HISTORY. Please explain how blacks who are generally treated much, MUCH better in Canada still have the same crime problems as blacks in the US do?

Quote:
If you look at that video, you'll get a good sense of how society can even mold black people to see THEMSELVES as less desirable and have a lower level of self esteem. If you think that black people are violent simply because they have no self control, then you're really missing the point here. With low self esteem comes poor decisions. Poor decisions leads to... bad things
You can also see how our early childhood puts racist thoughts into our head from society as a whole. If you relate this back to the police brutality, you can easily see how police would still continue to unreasonably harass black people even if the crime rate was low. It's just a subconscious American thing.
Please stop blaming outside influences as to why blacks are the way they are. Its that kind of thinking and blaming that keeps blacks from ever shining the spotlight on themselves and discovering that THEY are the main reason for most of their problems. And its pretty sad that people like you keep enabling blacks by supporting that kind of thinking.

Seriously the only way blacks can ever improve is if they stop destroying themselves and start working together and lifting themselves up. At some point blacks have to stop wasting time blaming and start putting more effort into fixing. Its easy to blame others for your issues. Its hard to say 'F$CK IT! No matter who's fault it is its time for us black people to work together, clean up our neighborhoods and raise ourselves out of the sh$tty mess that we've been living in for so long'.

But as we've seen around the world, blacks just can't work with each other for any length of time which is why pretty much every single black nation on earth are violent sh$tholes.

Quote:
Don't you also think it's in fact harder for black people to establish themselves in this country if they are seen differently by kids that don't even watch the news, pay attention to statistics, crime, etc? Imagine how those kids, particularly the white ones, in the video grew up. Maybe they grew up to think that black people don't raise their kids right and they're violent because they have no control. Maybe they grew up to think that 300 years of oppression does not change anything in the year 2015. Maybe they grew up thinking that black people need to stop complaining because they all have the opportunity to have a successful life. Maybe they grew up thinking that a country that's 70% white will suddenly throw away the past and see black people as normal people.
Again blacks in Canada don't have 300 years of oppression to use as an excuse yet they're just as violent as blacks in the US. Why? Two VASTLY different histories between blacks in Canada and in the US. Same goddamn problem. Tell me why this is?

Old 08-20-2015, 09:15 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One of the items leading to a 30 day suspension from another board was my starting a thread encaptioned "Black Lives Matter." It was about black on black crime.
Opposition to black on black crime and opposition to police brutality and violence are two different issues. Many agenda driven people like to muddy the situation by saying you can't organize against police violence without organizing against crime first. These people are disingenuous and we see right through them..

Old 08-20-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
If you read pass that one line it would be obvious what my post is trying to say...you are the one with no clue...you think Black people dont care about violence in the ghetto...you are entirely ignorant of the Black experience but still feel the need to pontificate on things you know nothing about...was a slick little move u did by addressing that one line...u exposed yourself entirely with that one move...I know what you are about...hopefully others with an open mind can read my post and not be swayed by your ignorance
I understand perfectly what you were trying to say. There are some people on this board with a vested interest to perpetuate stereotypical and false information about black people. They claim "black people" think this and that, without even having a relationship with one black person in real life. They get their opinions about black people second hand from their daily doses of conservative TV and radio.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:38 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
I understand perfectly what you were trying to say. There are some people on this board with a vested interest to perpetuate stereotypical and false information about black people. They claim "black people" think this and that, without even having a relationship with one black person in real life. They get their opinions about black people second hand from their daily doses of conservative TV and radio.
I, for one, make no claim as to how black people think. But I certainly do see how they ACT, by observing them as I go about my day in the majority-black city in which I work, and while riding on the buses whose ridership is predominantly black. I base my opinions on what I see with my own two eyes and hear with my own two ears.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I, for one, make no claim as to how black people think. But I certainly do see how they ACT, by observing them as I go about my day in the majority-black city in which I work, and while riding on the buses whose ridership is predominantly black. I base my opinions on what I see with my own two eyes and hear with my own two ears.
As a black person I know how many black folk act. I spend quite a bit of time in majority black areas in and around Los Angeles. I also interact with a lot of white folks and I've observed how they act as well. I just don't go around stereotyping other races based on interactions with individuals and small groups. I judge everyone individually. But my response was to another poster, one that is clearly agenda driven...

Old 08-20-2015, 09:08 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Opposition to black on black crime and opposition to police brutality and violence are two different issues. Many agenda driven people like to muddy the situation by saying you can't organize against police violence without organizing against crime first. These people are disingenuous and we see right through them..
Then see through me. Not only black lives matter; all lives matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events