Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times

Advertisements

Nobody likes the BLM people not even the blacks, their movement should be called the Criminals Lives Matter Movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Black Lives Matter is just the black KKK.
Yep! Remember when the BLM group bombed churches, hosed down Whites, hung people, threw babies at alligators, terrorized Whites, wore hoodies to conceal their identities, demanded segregation, etc... Oh wait!

Old 08-14-2015, 03:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Let's face it, EVERYTHING offends the Black Lives Matters people. Time for them to stop being whiners and start doing something to help the cause they are so much involved with.

Don

Old 08-14-2015, 03:43 PM

103 posts, read 82,591 times
Hmm, it's actually really odd for white people to think that they can have such a firm opinion on racial issues. If you're white in America, you probably don't think about the fact that you're white on a daily basis.

This strays from the topic of "Black Lives Matter" but it relates to racial minorities.

Wouldn't you be upset if you got pulled over for driving through a neighborhood for no reason at least twice a month?
Wouldn't you be upset if you were seen as a a threat by onlookers while waiting outside the ice cream store for your friend?
Wouldn't you be upset if you were seen as "that black dude" or someone's "black friend" rather than just their "friend"?

What if you someone said, "you're so white-acting for a black girl"?

What if you were assumed to be an athletic scholarship student by almost everyone on your Ivy League college?
How do you think most black people would feel even asking a police officer for directions considering all of our recent police events?

I once saw an experiment involving one white man and one black man carrying a perfectly legal rifle in public with a license. The white man was approached calmly and eventually interrogated and checked up on by one police officer. The black man was yelled at, held at gunpoint, and many cops were called in for backup. He was eventually handcuffed. Do you think that's just a fluke? Or is it a reality that occurs every day without being shown on CNN? I think it's a reality that black people face every day.

The list goes on.

How often do white people think about the fact that they're white? When they see a minority in the workplace and feel as if they got hired because of their color? When they're filling out the census..? Hmm...
Everything revolves around white America. Everything is compared to white America and if it's different, it's put down. Sometimes, it's put down in an obvious way, but often, it's put down in a subtle way.

These things add up after years and years of continuing, so something like "Black Lives Matter" isn't just a fad or a pity party. It should be taken seriously. I'll admit that some things BLM does is not tasteful, but so is a lot of things white people think/do in America. The group as a whole should not be berated.

White people get so enraged at a couple black people getting a job from affirmative action because they are so desensitized to what it's really like to think about your race on the daily. They get so enraged when black people complain because they don't know what it's like to be in their shoes.

If you think affirmative action is detrimental to our country, please reevaluate your environment. Are there literally MILLIONS of unqualified black people randomly getting jobs without being qualified to the point where every industry is 50% black? No.

Last edited by crna101; 08-14-2015 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-14-2015, 04:32 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
What if you were assumed to be an athletic scholarship student by almost everyone on your Ivy League college?
[snip]
When they see a minority in the workplace and feel as if they got hired because of their color?
[snip]

These things add up after years and years of continuing, so something like "Black Lives Matter" isn't just a fad or a pity party. It should be taken seriously. I'll admit that some things BLM does is not tasteful, but so is a lot of things white people think/do in America. The group as a whole should not be berated.

White people get so enraged at a couple black people getting a job from affirmative action because they are so desensitized to what it's really like to think about your race on the daily. They get so enraged when black people complain because they don't know what it's like to be in their shoes.

If you think affirmative action is detrimental to our country, please reevaluate your environment. Are there literally MILLIONS of unqualified black people randomly getting jobs without being qualified to the point where every industry is 50% black? No.

In my career, I found many people, including me, assumed initially upon meeting black students or coworkers they were affirmative action (AA) hires, admitted because of AA, or athletes. Blacks who are not affirmative action beneficiaries are lumped with the others who were and have to prove themselves as a result of this special treatment.

BLM is based on a false narrative about MB who robbed a store, assaulted a clerk, and tried to kill a cop.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:38 PM

103 posts, read 82,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
In my career, I found many people, including me, assumed initially upon meeting black students or coworkers they were affirmative action (AA) hires, admitted because of AA, or athletes. Blacks who are not affirmative action have to prove themselves as a result of this special treatment.

BLM is based on a false narrative about MB who robbed a store, assaulted a clerk, and tried to kill a cop. Stupid and false movement based on the illegal, violent actions of a criminal.
I do understand that some things the BLM says may be distasteful. I personally do not know everything the BLM does, but I know what they stand for as a whole. What they stand for as a whole is completely plausible.

You must also understand that white people rob stores, assault clerks, have dangerous weapons aimed at cops, but do not die as often as black people. It's even more profound when you realize that roughly 75% of America is white, meaning that a criminal is more likely to be white than black simply because white people outnumber black people in this country.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crna101 View Post
I do understand that some things the BLM says may be distasteful. I personally do not know everything the BLM does, but I know what they stand for as a whole. What they stand for as a whole is completely plausible.

You must also understand that white people rob stores, assault clerks, have dangerous weapons aimed at cops, but do not die as often as black people. It's even more profound when you realize that roughly 75% of America is white, meaning that a criminal is more likely to be white than black simply because white people outnumber black people in this country.
You seem smart and I'm sure understand % criminal acts vs % of population of whites and blacks. When the stats change perception will change.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:28 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
What Black Lives Matter movement really means is, ONLY Black Lives Matter.
No, Black Lives Matter means ONLY black criminal lives ended at the hand of non-black police matter.

They don't care about black lives. You will never see a BLM protest in Detroit or New Orleans for the many hundreds of blacks killed in the street every year. But you will definitely see a BLM protest when a black criminal with 100 arrests gets shot while trying to attack a non-black cop.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:35 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You should ask and head to the source because you have a negative and false perspective of black people in general. I guarantee that if you ask 100 random black people at least 99% of them would answer that yes, black lives matter to me. It's a simple exercise that will help you get to the bottom of your false narrative.
No, you're making up stuff, and basically nothing more than a racist. You judge people by the color of their skin.

The nonracists in this thread know that the real problem in the black community is rampant violence. Police misconduct, while it should always be addressed, is not the problem in the black community.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So this wasn't poking or agitating anyone when some people in Fergson did this:

Ferguson Protesters Go To Police Station, Do Something Shocking To 'Darren Wilson'

So THIS isn't considered 'poking' or 'agitating' other people? But wait I forgot, its just 'black people having some fun' so I guess its perfectly fine for them to do this crap without any reprecussions. >_>

I mean seriously do blacks REALLY think this is the best way to improve police/black relations in Ferguson by doing this? They march and they yell and they demand better treatment from police and at least they do something about it by replacing the old police chief with an interm black police chief and the cops there are also probably going to be more careful when dealing with blacks there now. In return what have blacks done to reach back to police? Apparently nothing as we've seen here. The hypocrisy of blacks is unending it seems and then they wonder why stereotypes of them exist. >_>

And just to add to this point. Hypothetically if police forces around the country overnight completely changed and now cops everywhere deal with black people just as fairly as they do with non-blacks, my question is what will have actually changed? Yes death and injury of black people at the hands of police will go down some, but what else? Will blacks suddenly become more peaceful and less violent? Doubtful. Will they become much more happier and less criminal? Unlikely.

So again what will have actually changed? Other than police treating them better, blacks will STILL continue to treat each other like sh$t and with little respect as they've always had for a very long time now. And if Baltimore is indication, the crime rates will be just as bad if not worse because left on their own, blacks will rarely if ever choose peace over violence. As I've said before, one of the few times you see black people actually work together for any length of time is when they ban together against a common enemy, BUT much like Muslims, once that common enemy is defeated, they usually go back to turning on each other and continue to destroy each other as they've always done.
I've rarely been so disgusted after seeing a picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events