Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 06:59 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Louisiana State Police trooper shot in head near Lake Charles - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports
Quote:
LAKE CHARLES, La. -
Louisiana State Police are investigating a shooting near Lake Charles that left a trooper shot in the head.

According to Troop D Public Information Officer Sgt. James Anderson, the trooper was responding to a vehicle in a ditch on LA Hwy 14 near Fruge Road in Calcasieu Parish. State Police say the incident was related to a suspected impaired driver.

State Police say the suspect was quickly detained by passing motorists as additional citizens rendered aid to the trooper until assistance arrived on the scene.

According to KATC, the trooper was taken to a hospital in Lake Charles and is listed in critical condition.

Further information and the Trooper’s identity and status will be forthcoming as the investigation continues.

The LSP Facebook page posted this message Sunday afternoon"

"The entire LSP family is requesting your thoughts and prayers following the shooting of a Louisiana State Police Trooper in the Lake Charles area," it reads. "Please take a moment from your Sunday afternoon to send prayers and well wishes to the Trooper and his family in this critical time."
Glad to see that people helped instead of just taking pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 11:11 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Encountering thugs like this SOB is what cops have to worry about every time they approach a car, and their families have to worry about every time they leave for work. I hope he recovers.

Did you see that guy? I wouldn't want to walk by him on a busy street in the middle of the day. And he had quite a record, too.

What I'd like to see is more coverage of this heinous act, especially given how passing motorists stopped to help apprehend the perp, using the officer's handcuffs to restrain him. But I probably won't.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:36 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
May Saint Michael protect him

Old 08-24-2015, 04:33 AM

167 posts, read 167,883 times
I don't understand why someone would want to be police but I'm thankful for them. I hope this officer gets well.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:53 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
I don't understand why someone would want to be police but I'm thankful for them. I hope this officer gets well.
I know, and it seems like we as a nation have declared them the enemy instead of being thankful for the sacrifices they are willing to make.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:31 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
God bless Senior Trooper Steven Vincent.
Enough can't be said about the citizens who came to the aid of the officer. They are true heroes! We as a nation should be holding such brave individuals to the high honor we give to sports stars.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
I suspect being a Cop will be similar to people fleeing many cities. Due to the career risks, If I were a white cop I'd definitely try to find a job in a city that was Non-Black.

Maybe Black cops can affectively police predominately Black cities like Baltimore or Detroit. Maybe those Black Cops can deal with the Anti-Cop mentality that exists.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:13 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Steven Vincent, Louisiana State Trooper, Dies After Being Shot in the Head - NBC News
Quote:
Louisiana State Police
Death of S/T Steven Vincent
I am very saddened to report that Senior Trooper Steven Vincent has passed away this morning from the gunshot wounds he suffered yesterday in conjunction with a traffic investigation. As an organization, we are heartbroken over this senseless and tragic death. Our thoughts and prayers are with his surviving wife Katherine and his son Ethan as well as his entire extended family. ( Brothers, Tpr. Terrell Vincent and Chief Keith Vincent) Steven was proud to serve as a Louisiana State Trooper and we were proud to count him among our ranks. This loss exacts an enormous emotional toll on the State Police family, but we will do what is necessary and proper to honor Steven and support those who knew and loved him. He will be missed but never forgotten. Prayers.
Colonel Michael D. Edmonson

Old 08-24-2015, 12:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
May he rest in Peace.

Thoughts & prayers going out to his family.

Also hope the POS that did this gets the maximum penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events