Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:47 AM

231 posts, read 213,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I used to yell through the door quite a bit "Not interested" and they rarely leave quickly. Most of them yell things back and try to get me to open the door. A guy did this last week saying "I Need help", so I said, ok I'm calling the police for you. And he left quickly. Makes me wonder what he had planned? And if he legitimately needed my help, well too bad. The police can come help him.

My new strategy is just to make noise or do something so they know I'm home but I won't yell through the door.
That is smart thinking!

Old 08-25-2015, 09:47 AM

613 posts, read 463,987 times
Terrible that this happened, but was it necessary that the OP point out the races of those involved? -_-

This forum cares waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much about race.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:52 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,547,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Terrible that this happened, but was it necessary that the OP point out the races of those involved? -_-

It's not just this forum...

Old 08-25-2015, 09:52 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:

And I doubt you would have complained had it been white people committing the crime lol

Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:

This forum? When you can get a PhD on race relations in this country I would say it's a national obsession. This country and the government feeds on it

Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2336430

the guy being shown going into the police cruiser looks real "gangsta" thanks to his earring and his limp walk. arrested? time to get some more street cred put onto your resume by your black community! worst thing about this is, the thugs will be charged with a petty level of a crime. maybe not even do jail time. i bet that black guy chasing the woman and the baby was gonna rape her just like those blacks who kidnapped the white couple and killed them in knoxville (so terrible was the crime that the guy chopped off the woman's breasts and the media absolutely did not cover it):

https://youtu.be/BKNq0v2DXJ0

i blame these people for being too naive/nice about life. you live in atlanta. it is filled with blacks (or if it was a white area filled with meth-heads, i would do the same as i am about to say) who hate whites as it is, even without provocation. then they opened the door on top of already living in an area where their kind is hated. why would you do that? don't have a dog? then at least have a gun ready. have some serious security there. there are ways to have protection.
There needs to be a sub-forum for the purpose of posting racist threads. The main board is getting flooded with this type of stuff...

Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
For all those that hate guns ,please put a sign on your door "this is a gun free zone".
Doing nothing about one's own security is as foolish as walking down the street with $20.bills hanging out your pockets.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:57 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There needs to be a sub-forum for the purpose of posting racist threads. The main board is getting flooded with this type of stuff...
Read beyond the parenthesis: "who hate whites." In other words, it is filled with blacks who hate whites. Not far from the truth. Granted, there are lots of upstanding black citizens in Atlanta, but there is a substantial community of racist blacks as well.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:58 AM

898 posts, read 1,219,775 times
Quote:

if i was a black or jewish guy, i would not live down in alabama or near wherever the kkk holds its meetings. or if i did, i would have serious security measures. that only makes sense. if logic to you is racist, then you also like to play the race card to move away from facts. race is a part of the debate. it is not void of it. people like you want to ignore realities. that and/or play up to the politically correct crowd. that's what this family did and they almost lost their lives. i bet you anything they won't be doing or thinking like this again.

ALSO, notice how you CONVENIENTLY left out the fact that i mentioned white meth-heads in that same sentence and how i would do the same thing.

Quote:
i blame these people for being too naive/nice about life. you live in atlanta. it is filled with blacks (or if it was a white area filled with meth-heads, i would do the same as i am about to say) who hate whites as it is, even without provocation.

YOU are the one who made it about race, not me. race was mentioned by me as material information but the topic centers around preparation which you could not read nor comprehend correctly.

right now, i live amongst russians at brighton beach in brooklyn. what do i do? i count every penny and watch the scale every time when i buy produce. russians are notorious for scams. they are #1 in scams in europe.down here at kebab stores they try to pull scams by giving you one dollar less back on change hoping you won't notice or switching up prices. i also try never to shop here if i can avoid it by going to a real supermarket run by americans (yeah, whites or blacks who know american law and won't play these games). is that also racist to you, or is that just logical? i take measures every single time against an event or experience. when i hear or read of a stereotype, i prepare against it until that person proves otherwise. up to that point, i assume what i have heard and read. when i read statistics of something, i take that into account. only a fool would ignore such knowledge.

Last edited by Hairy Guy; 08-25-2015 at 10:50 AM..

Old 08-25-2015, 10:12 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times
Personally, I live in a nice area but if you think bad things don't happen in nice areas, you're a fool because bad people travel to nice areas to do bad things. In fact, I think they're more likely to do that because a lot of people in nice areas are naive and have a sense that because of the area they're in, it's safe and no one will do anything.

We have a pit bull who answers the door before I would. I might have a firearm or two, might know how to use them and have seen much worse than any thug/gangbanger can bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events