Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:16 AM

387 posts, read 356,593 times

Advertisements

Despicable....Hope they all get the death penalty....because it's criminals like this that ruin it for law abiding people who have a real emergency and need immediate help (who then get ignored because the home owners are worried about crime)....Same with the scumbags faking that they have car trouble and then robbing/killing people...Which is why nobody gets out and helps anyone who has car trouble anymore...

Old 08-25-2015, 10:16 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,690,264 times
Okay, seriously, is it too much to ask to get some basic proofreading done before the articles are uploaded.

Quote:
Whitney Lash was inside holding the couple’s 6-month old daughter, Lucy, while their 2-year-old son, Everson, napped upstairs.

Shad a bad feeling about the pair at the door, she said.

Shad. SHAD.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:17 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,396,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Read beyond the parenthesis: "who hate whites." In other words, it is filled with blacks who hate whites. Not far from the truth. Granted, there are lots of upstanding black citizens in Atlanta, but there is a substantial community of racist blacks as well.
I wanted to give you a 'rep point' but this forum says I need to 'spread the love around' and give other people some rep points first. What a bunch of HOOEY!

The mainstream media in this country is fueling the fires of racial unrest and they are having a ball doing it. They will absolutely love it if cities start getting burned to the ground with race riots.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:25 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,108,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This forum? When you can get a PhD on race relations in this country I would say it's a national obsession. This country and the government feeds on it

Yes, this country, the government, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, and the liberal media feed on the race obsession.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 AM

898 posts, read 1,219,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post

The mainstream media in this country is fueling the fires of racial unrest and they are having a ball doing it. They will absolutely love it if cities start getting burned to the ground with race riots.
Imagine if this was a bunch of white kids doing this to a black couple. Obama would be lecturing us about how bad of a country we are, Jackson and Sharpton would be going on a country wide tour, and there would be riots in the streets.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,108,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I used to yell through the door quite a bit "Not interested" and they rarely leave quickly. Most of them yell things back and try to get me to open the door. A guy did this last week saying "I Need help", so I said, ok I'm calling the police for you. And he left quickly. Makes me wonder what he had planned? And if he legitimately needed my help, well too bad. The police can come help him.

My new strategy is just to make noise or do something so they know I'm home but I won't yell through the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This is what people need to do.

You two are so much nicer than I am. If he said he needed help, I would quietly call 911 without him knowing, while keeping him stalled as long as possible, giving him the impression that I was going to open the door and give him help. Of course I would have my loaded revolver by my side. In a few minutes, we would know what he had planned. Just shooing him away as you have would frighten me much more as he would only go to another house in the neighborhood or come back to mine when I was sleeping or away.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:34 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,926,023 times
We live in a very nice hood...low crime...I was home during the day, late fall so doors and windows closed...and a couple black dudes came to door...I assumed they were jehova witnesses as we get a lot of those and I didn't analyze the situation...

after knocking a few times they opened the screen door, then tried the front door...locked...they went around to the back door as I went and opened my bedside gun safe, took out my glock...and went to say howdy doo

they opened back screen and tried back door...locked...they shook the door rather violently a few times...assumed to see how solid it was...I pulled back door curtain and showed my new friends the glock...they walked away...

these idiots went to the next house and knocked on front door...cops were there about 2 minutes later JUSt after they kicked in the back door on my neighbors house...BUSTED

I smiled and waved as they put them in the car...as they were bringning them out to car I told the cop, so they could hear "I almost unlocked my back door so they would walk in, where I could legally blow their brains out"...cops said "I wish you would have"...

Old 08-25-2015, 10:35 AM

78,450 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There needs to be a sub-forum for the purpose of posting racist threads. The main board is getting flooded with this type of stuff...
Agreed, but then we'd also have to move all the threads about the Michael Brown shooting there as well because those were the same thing....different colors.

Thread after thread about black person doing this and white person (especially if a cop) doing that and in most cases it's not racial....it's just criminal or accidental or poor judgment etc etc. but not racist.

But hey, when every single event is twisted to make it racial you are just going to wind up with what you have here....people unthinkingly polarized around race and never waiting for the facts before making their decisions about an incident.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
We live in a very nice hood...low crime...I was home during the day, late fall so doors and windows closed...and a couple black dudes came to door...I assumed they were jehova witnesses as we get a lot of those and I didn't analyze the situation...

after knocking a few times they opened the screen door, then tried the front door...locked...they went around to the back door as I went and opened my bedside gun safe, took out my glock...and went to say howdy doo

they opened back screen and tried back door...locked...they shook the door rather violently a few times...assumed to see how solid it was...I pulled back door curtain and showed my new friends the glock...they walked away...

these idiots went to the next house and knocked on front door...cops were there about 2 minutes later JUSt after they kicked in the back door on my neighbors house...BUSTED

I smiled and waved as they put them in the car...as they were bringning them out to car I told the cop, so they could hear "I almost unlocked my back door so they would walk in, where I could legally blow their brains out"...cops said "I wish you would have"...

The sad thing about this story is even after you showed them your glock, they went to your neighbor's house. Some people never learn. More than likely they will be out in a few years and will return to their old ways, and will either end up back in prison or dead. In your situation on not making it easy for them to get in, it is a Catch .22.... On one hand, you don't want to take the life of another individual, but on the other, you would have been doing society a favor, given they obviously didn't learn their lesson when you showed them your glock, and proceeded to move to the next house.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:45 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,489,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is why god gave us peep holes in front doors. Who nowadays answers the front door when you don't know who it is.
Just yell through the door so they know you are home.

And keep a shot gun loaded with #4 shot followed by a round of Buckshot.
That is one of the first things my SD instructor said..............why do you let losers you don't know pressure you into opening your front door....why......because it's a social grace/common courtesy.

Please stop doing that! If you must say sorry I am really sick what can I do for you? Or put a sign on door "daytime sleeper UPS leave at door"

Also consider hardening your front door. You can get those door jammers that will slow them down and give you another 20 seconds to get your gun/call 911.

Also why leave your garage door open forever? Easy way to get access to your interior house?

Wasp spray shots 20-30 feet and it will stop them but you may get sued for blinding them. Bear spray could be good too if someone is opposed to guns.

The most important tool anyone of us has is.........situational awareness......look from your device from time to time so you don't get hit by car/mugged/run into fountain go to hospital.

I hate hate when these disgusting stories happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events