Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,523,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
By condoning it, you are part of the problem. The officers explained they are pulling people over for thought-crimes; what else can a "felony look" imply?
Do you have any problem with hate crime convictions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 04:04 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,523,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Any examples of posters in this thread ever doing that?

Seems like you're overly emotional about people calling out cops who behave badly and make cops look bad in general.
Actually, it is the overly emotional spillout of just some who feel the need to blame all police for the actions of a minority of those who do not follow the law. The examples are self evident and reflect some damage they incurred that compromises their ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Probably there was some interaction with the police in their background that explains their behavior, that seems obvious . You really shouldn't need help finding the information, you've come this far, just go back a little, it's waiting for you. Nice try though, attempting to make this personal but it doesn't work very well.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:25 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,666,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
happened to me many times in different states and Im not black... and has NOTHING to do with race...
You've been pulled over for making eye contact in many different states?
The biggest whopper on CD in a while. Quite a feat.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:18 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,335,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Just imagine had a copy stopped the killer of that news crew for some minor infraction. We'll never know just like we won't wver know how many other crimes didn't happened because some cop stopped someone. Notice though, how so many always want someone stopped because they didn't make a full stop, cut them off or something else equally minor.
How would that have stopped the crime?! Because he would be detained for a few minutes?

Old 08-28-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Did you?

The officer said, "Because you made direct eye contact being held onto as I was passing you [emphasis mine ]" which, though inarticulate, means that the driver was staring him down. And BTW, that clip also shows the driver asking why besides that [the signal violation] he was pulled over.

And concerning that, yes, drivers are supposed to signal their turns at specified distances. Like those biotching about cops pulling over drivers for "minor" infractions such as using high beams, for example, this driver is also arguing the technicality . If people don't want even traffic laws enforced as they're written, then they should work to change them.
Oh LAWD no! Looking at a cop while passing him? How DARE he!

Old 08-28-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work. Every time I get to thinking that maybe Cops are not as Bad as made out to be, you post a comment that takes away the notion. Then you guys wonder why some one is always popping one of you guys in Uniform.

I guess they figure your guilty of some thing by the way the Cops looked at them, so they shoot them. That could be called profiling maybe?
LOL Exactly. Cops wonder why people they are ass holes. Maybe because they act like ass holes every chance they get!

Old 08-28-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Oh really? They have them right here in the USA, perhaps you've ventured out of a gated community and seen them? If not, visit any bar, you'll get a slightly but just as rich an experience, then do come back and let us know how it worked out for you. Come on, I know you can do it.
We go to bars quite a bit. I always make eye contact and smile or tilt my head in greeting. WTF kind of bars do you go to?!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:36 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,041,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
u dont have to love them, but you should respect the badge....some people have a hard time with that concept
Respect has to be earned. Why do you have a hard time with that concept?

The gutless cowardly cops in America do nothing to earn it, and deserve no respect.

Oh, look, a 12 year old black boy with a toy gun. Maybe it's real though. Thats it, I'm fearing for my life. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam... bam.

Contempt 100%, respect ZERO, and that's what they deserve.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 AM

36,580 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It was a BS reason to get pulled over. Blacks shouldn't have to put up with this treatment, and because he felt it was BS doesn't mean he deserves to be beaten down or receive a bullet either - just saying.

I think he was shocked that he was pulled over, delayed - harassed for such a lame excuse. Combative? No. Not in the least.
Doesn't matter if it was a BS reason, suspicion is reason enough. What has it got to do with blacks and why should they be given special treatment. I didn't see him being beaten down nor getting shot.

I have been pulled over for what I considered a BS reasons as Im sure many of us have. Know what I did. I put my hands on the steering wheel and kept them there until the officer asked for my ID, etc. I gave him my info. and waited until he came back and waited for him to tell me why he pulled me over. Even though I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I couldnt possibly have made a 45 degree left hand turn at that stop sign without stopping I did not argue with him I did not whine about how it was BS and how crappy it made me feel being pulled over, how women have been pulled over by fake cops and been sexually assaulted or raped.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 AM

50,906 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Respect has to be earned. Why do you have a hard time with that concept?

The gutless cowardly cops in America do nothing to earn it, and deserve no respect.

Oh, look, a 12 year old black boy with a toy gun. Maybe it's real though. Thats it, I'm fearing for my life. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam... bam.

Contempt 100%, respect ZERO, and that's what they deserve.
Simply, but wonderfully phrased.

As a principal, I never demanded respect. I earned it. And when I let people down -- and that happened on occasion -- I realized it was my responsibility to re-earn the respect...as opposed to just digging in my heels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events