Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Case of mistaken identity? YES
Excessive force? NO As a LEO, you are called upon to arrest suspects with as little harm posed to yourself and the public as possible. While there are certainly cases of police brutality, this incident is hardly worth mentioning had it not have been a known star athlete. Here is an example of real excessive force;
As a LEO you are called upon to use the least amount of force necessary PERIOD. That was excessive force, you can't show something worse and claim that it makes this incident ok, no one is buying that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 07:18 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,937,495 times
There were multiple police officers present. This was not a case of one on one or a case of a potentially violent criminal. In these circumstances, the level of force used was excessive. However, we also know that the officer in question is the subject of five complaints and two law suits for use of excessive force. So the action taken, excessive though it was, is entirely in character for this officer. The public are perhaps fortunate that his latest victim was capable of doing something about it. Otherwise, no doubt, others would have soon become the victims of his martial prowess.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,378,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
As a LEO you are called upon to use the least amount of force necessary PERIOD. That was excessive force, you can't show something worse and claim that it makes this incident ok, no one is buying that.
Many Pundits originally tried to spin that somehow Blake showed resistance...BUT plainly that was not the case..He was leaning against a post outside of the Hotel waiting for a ride...Yikes..completely bulldozed..Yikes I ;m glad James wasn't injured further since he had # neck #7 Vertebrae about 11 years ago...

But I did hear too that first off the pointing out of him came from a snitch ( of course snitches have no reason to lie??) Then finally..this person in that picture was actually exonerated..so the whole lying by paid snitches leads to abusing another innocent...Excessive force should never have been in the first place..The actual crime was Fraud..Not some gun/violent crime that would even suggest such a threat..unless and of course ALL perps are a threat..

I have a simple question..why not chat the target up..get a sense who he/she is..see what's up..LONG BEFORE such a violent assault..

The problem is..this Officer promoted to undercover..after 5 complaints and at least 2 being invested for excessive force..and thats been within the last year .
When will Administrative realize and do something about these "Bad Cops"..Red Flags popping up multy times..I have a feeling the Unions are strong arming them!! Thus the problem to gain any level or reforms..SMH!!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:41 PM

50,923 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I think the officers should be put on leave and the department should apologize to Mr. Blake. I don't think Mr. Blake is going to pursue taking the whole thing to court though. I was put in cuffs by mistake years ago when I was 18. The police mistook me for a local drug dealer. 10 minutes in they realized I wasn't the man they were looking for, apologized and let me on my way. I didn't take it personal. Oh and I am white.
They didn't just run up and tackle you to the ground though, correct? Again, that is the upsetting aspect of the situation, not the i.d. error.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 PM

50,923 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Case of mistaken identity? YES
Excessive force? NO

As a LEO, you are called upon to arrest suspects with as little harm posed to yourself and the public as possible. While there are certainly cases of police brutality, this incident is hardly worth mentioning had it not have been a known star athlete.

Here is an example of real excessive force;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Vgqe0SBLM

`
Sorry, for a credit card fraud investigation it was very much excessive force. Again it cannot be compared to them arresting someone suspected of a violent crime. And to do this when they had absolutely nothing to go by to know he's even the right suspect except a woman looking at a picture and saying "that looks like him right there"?

Old 09-12-2015, 01:14 AM

137 posts, read 125,971 times
Wonder what these Trump Supporters have to say about this one.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:17 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
Wonder what these Trump Supporters have to say about this one.
What does trump have to do with this?

Old 09-12-2015, 01:27 AM

137 posts, read 125,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What does trump have to do with this?
Racist bigot...

Old 09-12-2015, 06:42 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,325,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Many Pundits originally tried to spin that somehow Blake showed resistance...BUT plainly that was not the case..He was leaning against a post outside of the Hotel waiting for a ride...Yikes..completely bulldozed..Yikes I ;m glad James wasn't injured further since he had # neck #7 Vertebrae about 11 years ago...

But I did hear too that first off the pointing out of him came from a snitch ( of course snitches have no reason to lie??) Then finally..this person in that picture was actually exonerated..so the whole lying by paid snitches leads to abusing another innocent...Excessive force should never have been in the first place..The actual crime was Fraud..Not some gun/violent crime that would even suggest such a threat..unless and of course ALL perps are a threat..

I have a simple question..why not chat the target up..get a sense who he/she is..see what's up..LONG BEFORE such a violent assault..

The problem is..this Officer promoted to undercover..after 5 complaints and at least 2 being invested for excessive force..and thats been within the last year .
When will Administrative realize and do something about these "Bad Cops"..Red Flags popping up multy times..I have a feeling the Unions are strong arming them!! Thus the problem to gain any level or reforms..SMH!!

Yeah. And how many males or females minding their own business and then suddenly attacked would just go limp and allow some unknown attacker/perp to subdue them?! Really?! Think this: fight or flight. The truth is, the majority of us would fight back if suddenly attacked by an unknown attacker!

IMO, both men (the attacker and his target) were lucky the tennis player/target of attack showed enormous self control and good nature.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:33 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,608,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Here's the video if anyone wants to see it in this thread:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzWSah-BZM
This seriously looks like a mugging or kidnapping attempt. Where are the officers in uniform? Anyone can wrestle a person on the ground, handcuff them in public and take them away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events