Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 02:20 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times

Advertisements

I remember years ago my father (fdny) was coming home from work and I ran out to greet him at night. He swung on me and almost connected. Its a NY survival instinct. Lol.. In the south you would be shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 03:07 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He has two excessive force lawsuits pending against the him and department for his conduct, plus 3 other complaints that were still being investigated.

Is this the only profession where you can be allowed to still carry a gun and do your duties unencumbered while simultaneously being accused and investigated for 5 complaints? If my company had 5 signed complaints and 2 lawsuits about my conduct at work, I guarantee I would not have a job any longer.

Exactly, in fact in most white collar office jobs, it's usually a verbal warning, a written warning, and than
termination.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
This seriously looks like a mugging or kidnapping attempt. Where are the officers in uniform? Anyone can wrestle a person on the ground, handcuff them in public and take them away?
No. This was absolutely ridiculous. No reason for it.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:59 PM

137 posts, read 255,026 times
There are bad apples in every field of occupation including departments of city officials and servants; I think that's well established. I just feel that the department like the PD should have no place for out of control employees as such and they shall not given reprieve of any sort. The problem however is that this type of behavior exhibited by PD is prevalent and they are spared of any kind of significant repercussions even more so than by your average companies.

I don't want to hear, "but they have such a tough job" argument, either.
Granted the above statement may be true, nevertheless the citizens they are sworn to protect cannot be the prop for them to blow off steam.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:43 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator03 View Post
There are bad apples in every field of occupation including departments of city officials and servants; I think that's well established. I just feel that the department like the PD should have no place for out of control employees as such and they shall not given reprieve of any sort. The problem however is that this type of behavior exhibited by PD is prevalent and they are spared of any kind of significant repercussions even more so than by your average companies.

I don't want to hear, "but they have such a tough job" argument, either.
Granted the above statement may be true, nevertheless the citizens they are sworn to protect cannot be the prop for them to blow off steam.
Yeah, they have a tough job. But we invest them with tremendous power and trust and they should be held to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity with no tolerance for when they foul up.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:06 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Common sense (at least I've been told) would tell you that if you are bum rushed by an undercover cop you shouldn't breath or look like a suspect, obvious Mr. Blake and his parents brought this on himself.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:47 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He will not be fired. He will lose 30 days vacation. He will be placed on one years probation. He will be booted from his plain clothes detail. He will be sent to retraining. Actually he is in more trouble for failing to file any paperwork regarding Mr Blake. If he had filed a SQF it would have protected him. Either way he will not lose his job over this!
Hmmmm ... I wonder why he didn't file any paperwork regarding this incident with Blake if he's following proper tactical procedure as the PBA claims?

Old 09-12-2015, 07:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
He didn't file any paperwork because assumed it was just another powerless black male he assaulted . business as usual.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
That was really wacked. Totally wrong. imo

Old 09-12-2015, 07:47 PM

162 posts, read 147,032 times
The Policeman had only four years experience. The NYPD does not seem to retain it's older officers. Perhaps, that is the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events