Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 02:06 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You will not get rid of the union. They are investigated by the civilian review board. CCRB is made up of civilians. There are no cops in CCRB. There is only one substantiated complaint against this PO. That was for failure to ID. Again this PO will not be fired. You guys in Current Events can yell and scream all you like he will NOT BE FIRED!!!!!!!
I don't trust CCRB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 02:15 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't trust CCRB.
You also have the inspector general. So you have IAB,,Inspections..CCRB..Inspector General and 5 different District Attorney offices all investigating cops. The NYPD has more oversight than any other PD in the United States.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:16 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A question that needs to be asked is this. Why did the police officer respond to Blake in that manner, in a rough manner?

I don't think we need to ask that at all.

It has become standard practice in the USA for cops to be abusive, rude, threatening and resort to violence to gain instand compliance.

In the USA police are NOT trained to police, they are trained to enforce, intimidate and fire first. In short they have become our keepers instead of protectors ...

Video and the internet , along with the courts protecting our right to record is the only thing new.
The only reason the public are angry is because they are finding out exactly how cops treat everyday people in everyday situations.

(note the police are trained to escalate faster than the bad guys, when they should be trained to de-escalate encounters with the public)

Old 09-13-2015, 02:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I saw an interview Blake did where he said that he had no idea who was attacking him because the attack came from behind and his attacker was wearing plain clothes. For all Blake knew this guy could have been a mugger or a nut job. It's a good thing instinct to fight back didn't kick in immediately or who knows what would have happened. The cop could have shot him for resisting arrest.

The real criminal was guilty of credit card fraud not armed robbery or murder. Was it necessary to use that much force to even subdue someone guilty of that kind of crime?

many cops love violence, and attacking first without identifying himself creates the best chance for a fight and a great chance to use his weapons, fists, knees etc...

There are lots of people who join up just to hurt, wield power, inflict pain, bully etc. The police forces clearly like these types of people because they KEEP hiring them despite the fact the public do not wish these people to be in policing...

bullies and thugs hiring more bullies and thugs, meanwhile the good cops are tainted by the bad ones, yet stand by idle while their peers abuse the public.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:48 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I saw an interview Blake did where he said that he had no idea who was attacking him because the attack came from behind and his attacker was wearing plain clothes. For all Blake knew this guy could have been a mugger or a nut job. It's a good thing instinct to fight back didn't kick in immediately or who knows what would have happened. The cop could have shot him for resisting arrest.

The real criminal was guilty of credit card fraud not armed robbery or murder. Was it necessary to use that much force to even subdue someone guilty of that kind of crime?
Plain clothes may be an understatement. Did you see what he was wearing? He was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a ski mask. Can you imagine what it would be like to be standing in front of a hotel and have some guy wearing a ski mask run up to you and tackle you. I would think my life was over.

The best solution I can think of would be a law that only fully uniformed police officers can arrest people. Undercover cops should be required to stand back and call for uniformed officers to make an arrest. People should not have to worry about being tackled by some goon cop wearing a ski mask.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:00 PM

696 posts, read 907,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You also have the inspector general. So you have IAB,,Inspections..CCRB..Inspector General and 5 different District Attorney offices all investigating cops. The NYPD has more oversight than any other PD in the United States.
The CCRB is undermanned and underfunded as you well know. The NYPD IG is free to ignore the recommendations of the CCRB and does so 70% of the time. If the police are not held to account for their criminal behavior under the law now they will be under street justice and soon.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:02 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,996 times
I saw Blake on tv saying he wants the cop fired. I agree.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:30 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
The CCRB is undermanned and underfunded as you well know. The NYPD IG is free to ignore the recommendations of the CCRB and does so 70% of the time. If the police are not held to account for their criminal behavior under the law now they will be under street justice and soon.
It sounds like you want mob rule.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Your article says "the crook" was innocent too.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 AM

696 posts, read 907,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It sounds like you want mob rule.
What I want is the police to be bound by the rule of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events