Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 08:18 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,133,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The problem is that we have too many stupid people running things.
Absolutely... and too many folks wonder why so many hard-working people with even a shred of common sense are increasingly bitter.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:25 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
What if the boy kissed another boy? I bet a lot more guys would be going on and on about how wrong he was. Just because it was a girl, doesn't make it any less wrong.

I do think the charges are a bit much, but what he did was not OK.
This is an excellent point. All you men saying it's no big deal, boys will be boys, what would your response be if a boy did this to another boy? Still all in good fun? I think not.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
What if the boy kissed another boy? I bet a lot more guys would be going on and on about how wrong he was. Just because it was a girl, doesn't make it any less wrong.

I do think the charges are a bit much, but what he did was not OK.
But he didn't. He kissed a girl.
Deal with what really happened instead of "what if....".

Old 09-14-2015, 12:06 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Yet another example of how our culture in this day and age makes mountains out of molehills, partially for the sake of political correctness.

This is so stupid...

Being in elementary and middle school was all about minor/innocent dares and stealing kisses. No big deal.

Sigh...

Old 09-14-2015, 03:45 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,914,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Over the course of my life, over a half-dozen girls and women have, unbidden, given me a kiss. Once I was sittling with a young woman on either side of me at a bar and they simultaneously kissed me on either cheek.

I was flattered in each case, but I guess I should rightly have pressed charges and had them all committed to jail for sexual assault.
Me too, but I wish they had started earlier, like when I was 13. That would have saved me years of trouble :-)

Old 09-14-2015, 04:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Yet another example of how our culture in this day and age makes mountains out of molehills, partially for the sake of political correctness.

This is so stupid...

Being in elementary and middle school was all about minor/innocent dares and stealing kisses. No big deal.

Sigh...
I wouldn't say its no big deal but I also don't believe it warrants criminal charges, even if they are "just" juvenile.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:49 AM

287 posts, read 326,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

This is so stupid...

Sigh...
5th grade, school field trip and me and my best friend were playing "Truth or Dare" on the bus with the two girls sitting in front of us. My buddy's "dare" was to kiss a girl sitting a couple rows behind us. He walked up to her, planted one right on her lips and she punched him so hard in the stomach that it knocked the wind right out of him.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 AM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
What is wrong with the world these days? People are crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We have lost our collective minds. This should have been a simple discipline issue at school.
I agree with everything but the WE part.
It is clearly liberal wackos who have come up with absurd things like no gender designation, teaching elementary kids to read "Johnny Has Two Daddies", eliminating Dodgeball & PE, giving out trophies to everyone, and demonizing normal behavior exhibited between young children.
I cannot even imagine how differently I would be or think had I been raised in a school system like that.
The sad thing is many kids growing up will never know what it was like to be raised normal like their forefathers were.
Nor will they be prepared for the rigors of adult life, having been coddled from the nursery to HS graduation.

`

Old 09-14-2015, 08:14 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Or perhaps some of us of the "fairer sex" have learned not to answer assault with assault?

I don't necessarily believe the police need to be involved, but as a parent I would have definitely been paying a visit to the boy's parents and I would expect the school to discipline him as well.
this...

the boy and all his friends egging him on need SERIOUS consequences but not life wrecking consequences
police and charges are ridiculous...get this on his school record and if he does it Again then get the authorities and lawyers involved

suspension, lots of after school detention or whatever...that's what needs to happen...along with whatever punishment the parents dish out at home

if it were my son, he would not be allowed to hang out with the group of boys, and he would have serious consequences at home...loss of a lot of privelages...we would get creative and try to educate him on sexual assault, rape, the sex offender stigma...all of that

Old 09-14-2015, 08:27 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh, you fellas are so funny with your classic, misogynistic attitudes! Let me guess, she should have taken it as a compliment too, right?

No man or boy has the right to kiss a girl or woman without her consent. There's nothing funny or cute about it.
That's true. But it still shouldn't be a second degree assault. The school should handle it with the boy apologizing and maybe getting detention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events