Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:42 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,125,593 times

Advertisements

My younger Son has always had a protective streak towards those unable to defend themselves. He was a freshman in H.S. and on the school bus after school there was a group of 6 boys tormenting a girl; then they started throwing batteries at her.

He put himself physically in front of her until she got off on her stop. The bus driver was useless and pretended not to see what was going on. Worse was the fact that all of the kids were Army dependents.

When DS got off at his stop so did the brats. A neighbor girl ran to our home to let me know what was happening. What these brats didn't know was that my DH had stopped by to grab his phone charger. We rushed to the stop (what I thought I could do from my wheelchair I have no idea!) to find my Son in the middle of a circle of tough guys. He had already put one down (DS was a karate black belt, on the judo and wrestling teams) and these kids were screaming the most foul things at him and were promising that they were going to kick his a*s.

They were not prepared for my DH to be home. They were REALLY not prepared for him to be an MP complete with side arm. He sat them all on the road with their hands on their heads while he called it in to the PMO.

Their parents thought "boys will be boys" and were infuriated when they (and their brats) were ordered to appear in front of the juvenile board. The panel was not impressed by the laissez faire attitude of the Soldiers and their spouses. All of the families were kicked out of their quarters and off of Post.

There are not enough kids willing to stand up and protect others weaker than themselves, just as there are far. too many parents willing to excuse their offspring. The young man that stepped in should have been commended not punished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
There are not enough kids willing to stand up and protect others weaker than themselves, just as there are far. too many parents willing to excuse their offspring. The young man that stepped in should have been commended not punished.
I still remember that in Ninth Grade, I was being tormented by a bunch of kids during Christmas break at a ski house in the Berkshires. An Eighth Grader, with whom I am still in contact was the one who stepped in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events