Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 03:31 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The blind kid can probably fight off the bully well.
He's clearly the future Daredevil superhero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 05:23 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
That bully and his parents need to be punished, if your child is a sick bully, you shall be prosecuted. In fact this is law in South Korea.
Bullying is terrible, but more so when it is directed at handicapped students, I mean how screwed up is that. Seriously it reminds me of how children can be more cruel than adults.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:32 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
One thug standing around recording while another thing beats up on a kid...hmmm...

A bunch of classless thugs. People should move out to the burbs to get away from this element.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The sad part is all the douchebags just standing around filming instead of helping this kid.
A least one kid isn't neutered and stupid like the rest of the sheep.
Imagine if it was soldiers marching people into gas chambers.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Igot View Post
Calling that young man a "Bully" is hurtful and uncalled for. His self esteem could be damaged. Violence is never the answer. The other student should have sat both of them down and tried to reason with them.
Obama will have a root beer summit to deal with it.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This reminds me of a novel called White Fang by Jack London. A dogfight promoter was being wildly cheered while the story's protagonist, a wolf-dog mix was being choked to death by a bulldog or a pit bull. Two decent people intervened, to the jeers and thrown objects of the crowd.

Shamefully, though, I only asked for "adult behavior" when a dispute over a parking space escalated into a screaming match when a male screamed that the allegedly violating female was a "fat, ugly b**** ."

I am not sure if you're kidding or not. You made a similarly absurd point on a thread about the use of a Nazi symbol in a story about Yom Kippur.
Don't bring literature into these threads; you are going over most heads.
Have you ever heard the audio-book version of WF? It's far different than reading it.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hope not. There is a huge problem when we decide to punish those who do the right thing. If that is how we "reward" those that are willing to step in why are we surprised that no one does?

You don't know yet, right?

The current acceptable response is to pull out one's phone, make a video recording and post it to the internet so others can view/comment about the incident. That is how bullies are now confronted and shamed. Anything harsher would shatter his psyche and cripple him for life leaving him a ward of the state.

Accountability has been replaced by recordability.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
On one hand, I am very glad that the bully got whacked for picking on a visually impaired kid. On the other hand, a hard sucker punch from the side to the bully's head is very dangerous.

Mick

Step aside...someone else will do the right thing while you wrestle with your mind.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I agree!

Worse yet is that the kid who put a right hook to the thug beating on the blind kid has now been thrown off the football team because of a zero tolerance policy for fighting.

I wonder if the principle or a teacher were being attacked by a punk student, and were rescued by a football player, would they still throw him off the team?
What if it were a homo being bullied?
Or maybe even a baby in a stroller being attacked?

At what level should a school board use some common sense instead of penalizing the good guy for helping a defenseless person?

`

What if the "bully" pushed the blind kid down some stairs?

When do people "get it"?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I apologize for posting "stupid, absurd logic."

However, you do realize why it is called "blind-sided"? Because you don't see it coming, whether you have 20/20 vision or visually impaired.

A tough guy is not going to sucker punch (either way), he would pull the a-hole kid off from the blind kid and then beat up the sucker.

My point was only that a blindside sucker punch to the head is extremely dangerous. Numerous people die or sustain brain damage every year from this type of situation, and the attackers also get imprisoned or sued. How is that "stupid, absurd logic"?

Mick
You haven't watched the Live Leak video, have you? The bully hit the blind kid just as hard but didn't know how to connect. There was no "tough guy" but, there was a hero. Ask the blind kid about stupid absurd logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events