Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 07:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGirl1002 View Post
Has bullying increased or do we just hear about it more often via 24/7 news cycle, internet and social media?

Used to be, an incident like this would be buried in a local paper, maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 07:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Kids these days aren't being raised right. Not all, but it seems a hell of a lot.
Crap like this happened when I was in high school in the 70's. Stuff like this was rarely reported in local papers, let alone nationally.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:01 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,095,371 times
You have to be a grade a douche to slap aorund a blind kid. Jerk got what he deserved.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:36 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hope not. There is a huge problem when we decide to punish those who do the right thing. If that is how we "reward" those that are willing to step in why are we surprised that no one does?
This is a great point. And yes, the kid did get kicked off the football team unless something recently changed that I didn't see in the media:

Huntington Beach High School student Cody Pine who defended blind classmate is SUSPENDED | Daily Mail Online

This is beyond absurd to me. What about all the other kids that were suppose to be standing around just watching/doing nothing to help this poor blind kid? My logic says if anyone is going to get kicked out of school, it's those who did nothing in trying to help this blind kid.

And we wonder why we have a society that often stands by when someone is in need of help/is in trouble. It's being taught right in the schools that it's ok and those who help/do a good deed are to be punished.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:25 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
typical liberal bs

all these idiots watching the king idiot pick on a blind kid,,,,and ONE DECENT FELLOW
immediately stops it ...and he's the one getting punished??

that's just bs!!!

ive had 3 times in high school I pounded on a bully...

when some people see a bully pounding on a defenseless person,,that brings out the rage in some of us,,,,

and some of us refuse to watch and laugh at it,,,some of it will defend the defenseless and some of us will want them to taste their own medicine...

we use to be called the decent people in this world,,,,but with twisted liberal logic,,,,,now the person helping is the person demonized...

what conservative would have a problem with this decent kid jumping in to help?? none!!

as a senior in high school...I heard this new kid in school was bullying some underclassmen,,..actually threatening them...in a choke hold,,til the kids gave them money
they targeted certain kids in the restroom,,so I waited til the two of them were in there and a younger kid went in and then me and another big kid went in,,,we saw the bully with his hands around the kids neck,,,,

I did the same to him,,,slam his head in the wall and told him if he messed with any other kids he is messing with me..
I pushed his head in the bottom of the urinal,,,,and flushed it and said his name was pysshead from now on...

he was a punk,,,not a big kid ,,,just picked on the weak,,
you know what??
he never did anything to any other kid after that ..

I despise bullies,,,, always have ..thankfully I was a big kid and could usually bully the bullies...

Old 09-26-2015, 06:53 AM

281 posts, read 368,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That is it? That is the video? All I saw was one punch from someone to another and then they say "visually impaired", which could mean a lot of things. Also, there is nothing at the beginning. What started this? Did the so-called blind kid call the other guy something, like the c-word? This is typical of the news today. All hyped up over NOTHING! Sadly, people fall for the silliness. I don't buy into this story at all. Just another joke played on people. Come on, we need to be smarter than this. We need to ALWAYS question these stupid stories that are no doubt most of the time full of crap! It is all about selling the news to make money these days. It is all bs.
I'm sad that it took five pages for someone to say this, and it just may have passed without getting noticed by anyone.

It's a feel-good story, but we don't know the whole story, and we're potentially all falling for the media's sensationalism. Now it MAY be just as simple as it seems, but it may not be as well. Meanwhile, everyone's got their pitchforks and torches calling for the alleged bully's head on a stake. Groupthink and mob mentality at its finest.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:53 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The kid who threw the sucker punch could have diffused the situation in a different manner..a sucker punch is dangerous and he's lucky he didn't kill the bully. There is a always a question of degree in matters, a nuance that internet tough guys who troll CD forum fail to be incapable of grasping.
Well I am no troll, but can tell you I see nothing wrong with how he handled the situation.

Far too often posters who are presumably seasoned adults expect people to react in the manner they would. Well a HS kid who has his hormones raging is not thinking too well to begin with. He sees some bully/thug attacking a blind kid and fortunately puts a stop to it, rather than videoing it to post on YT. So while you as a mature adult might have intervened in a different way, the kid probably reacted like many of us would have at that age.
I never needed to sucker punch anyone, but my reactions/emotions might very well have caused me to act first, and think later as a teenager. That football player looked like he could handle himself, so I doubt he was some coward, otherwise he would not have gotten involved in the first place.

Also I object to the term "sucker punch" being used in this instance. To me a sucker punch is when the person is just innocently walking along and out of nowhere someone unexpectedly punches them. As in the so called "knockout game" where blacks are perpetrating unexpected head punches against whites.

If this thug thought he could just beat on a disabled kid and nothing was going to happen to him as a result, he was mistaken. If you engage in thuggish behavior, you'd better expect to face the consequences.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:30 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well I am no troll, but can tell you I see nothing wrong with how he handled the situation.

Far too often posters who are presumably seasoned adults expect people to react in the manner they would. Well a HS kid who has his hormones raging is not thinking too well to begin with. He sees some bully/thug attacking a blind kid and fortunately puts a stop to it, rather than videoing it to post on YT. So while you as a mature adult might have intervened in a different way, the kid probably reacted like many of us would have at that age.
I never needed to sucker punch anyone, but my reactions/emotions might very well have caused me to act first, and think later as a teenager. That football player looked like he could handle himself, so I doubt he was some coward, otherwise he would not have gotten involved in the first place.

Also I object to the term "sucker punch" being used in this instance. To me a sucker punch is when the person is just innocently walking along and out of nowhere someone unexpectedly punches them. As in the so called "knockout game" where blacks are perpetrating unexpected head punches against whites.

If this thug thought he could just beat on a disabled kid and nothing was going to happen to him as a result, he was mistaken. If you engage in thuggish behavior, you'd better expect to face the consequences.

excellent post!!!!!!!!!

I agree not a sucker punch ,,,,he punched as fast as he could to stop the bully,,

he also risked,,,if he didn't punch he kid as he did the kid could have thrown punches and hurt the guy trying to defend the blind kid,,
although not likely...

kudos to that kid,,,

so the blind kid is at a school??? playground?? if im the blind kids parents,,,where the hell are the teachers to protect against animals like this??

and if the teachers aren't around then this guy who stopped the bullying is a damn hero!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:46 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyRunner View Post
I'm sad that it took five pages for someone to say this, and it just may have passed without getting noticed by anyone.

It's a feel-good story, but we don't know the whole story, and we're potentially all falling for the media's sensationalism. Now it MAY be just as simple as it seems, but it may not be as well. Meanwhile, everyone's got their pitchforks and torches calling for the alleged bully's head on a stake. Groupthink and mob mentality at its finest.
I don't feel good about the way people act without the whole story that is for sure. What can the media say about one kid punching another kid? Hmmm, well if we call one blind, which I don't think he is because they slipped in visually impaired and maybe we call one a bully, since it is a buzz word and people love that someone would bully a bully. We know nothing about this dumb story, but we are ready to hang the one KID that the media portrays as the first "bully". Come on, are people really believing the media's representation of anything? From Faux News, to NPR it is all pretty hyped up and ridiculous. I wouldn't trust any news source with the money that is involved in such a thing these days. Sad people aren't questioning this story and taking it as some sort of fact. What a JOKE!

What happened before the kid wanted to "slap" the other kid? What was said or done? No one knows or cares, it is all about some so-called blind kid getting bullied. It was at least a "slap", but it got to be a "punch" over time to create more anger and money for advertisers.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,302,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I agree!

Worse yet is that the kid who put a right hook to the thug beating on the blind kid has now been thrown off the football team because of a zero tolerance policy for fighting.

I wonder if the principle or a teacher were being attacked by a punk student, and were rescued by a football player, would they still throw him off the team?
What if it were a homo being bullied?
Or maybe even a baby in a stroller being attacked?

At what level should a school board use some common sense instead of penalizing the good guy for helping a defenseless person?

`
It's social darwinism. Look at the type of people who become school principals and administrators. These are not the brightest people in the world. An intelligent principal would have intervened and made an exception in this case considering he was defending a blind kid but unfortunately when you have a moron for a principal, this is what happens. The kid got kicked off the football team for doing the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events