Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The kid who threw the sucker punch could have diffused the situation in a different manner..a sucker punch is dangerous and he's lucky he didn't kill the bully. There is a always a question of degree in matters, a nuance that internet tough guys who troll CD forum fail to be incapable of grasping.

Try different bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
He used the most expedient method to protect the person being assaulted, safer for both the person being assaulted as well as the person coming to his defense. Violence is a reality of self defense.

This boy is legally protected and should have no cause for worry beyond school no tolerance BS. Defense of self and others is a fundamental right. If this kid died it would not matter in the legality of his act of defending others.
Something no one has brought up as of yet...

What if no one stepped in and the bully did permanent physical damage to the blind kid? All of the idiots recording it would be accessories to the fact as they stood by; where does the school's no tolerance stand play in that scenario?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
If you believe the media.
Bullying is down to Record lows in this country because of Schools Districts, "No Tolerance Policy" on Bullying.

Agree!

Agree!
I can Tell from some of these responses that, some of you people don't have teenagers. Things have changed and you can't go around Vigilante style and punching out bullies anymore.

But it is OK for your teen to repeatedly beat a blind kid in the face, right? What if it was your blind kid and all you saw was a video of other kids watching the bully punk beat the snot out of him? I know your type...you would sue the school district or city, right?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I went to a school where the bully was a blind kid. He used to single me out, although I think it was mistaken identity.

There was another bully, who had no legs, and only one arm -she used to make my life hell.

HAHA - not

Old 09-26-2015, 08:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hope not. There is a huge problem when we decide to punish those who do the right thing. If that is how we "reward" those that are willing to step in why are we surprised that no one does?
Yeah mainly because we live in a different world than my father did some 40 years ago in school. When I was in school 10 years ago, even if I was JUSTIFIED in hitting back or pulling a bully off, I would get in trouble for doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Me too. And yes they are cowards! As a parent, if I EVER found out that my kid was partaking in bullying someone, especially someone with a disability, I'd slap the living s*** out of him!
Great to know there are child abuse laws in place. Grown adults have NO BUSINESS beating a child. My father was by his father as an example normally with the belt, he always is angry when he talks to his family partly because of this to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Same here. Unacceptable behavior to pick on the weak.
Yes, especially a grown adult taking a hand to a child. It shows a lot of character to condone child abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah there was no bullying back in the day. Ha, ha, ha. Too funny. Nothing has changed in the least. Actually, I think there is less bullying these days. Why do people think there is more bullying? Just because it is on some dumb phone video everyday. There are over 300,000,000 people in the US, do you think there is some stupid thing going on every second? Yep. Always have been always will be.

Just more hyped up nonsense.
Yes bullying existed since the dawn of time. However what we see isn't as much in-person bullying. Rather we see cyber-bullying where it is done through texts, e-mail, facebook, twitter, etc. There is much less physical bullying but bullying in total, I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It's sad that this kind of thing happens. Even sadder when the low lifes that create problems get sympathy and the do gooders get punished.
It seems like someone is always trying to defend the criminals. "Oh they are poor, misunderstood, had a bad childhood . . ."
You hear about home invasions where multiple aggressors break in, rob or cause bodily injury to homeowners. Then the homeowners shoot them in self defense and they are the one in trouble because someone else thinks the homeowner were never sure if they were truly in danger and they should have fired a warning shot or just used the gun to shoot the knives out of the home invaders hands.
I don't disagree and I am not defending the bully at all. However the answers from this post whether it is cheerleading bodily harm and even child abuse is down right disgusting and sickening. The bully should face felony assault charges and the hero should get community service

Quote:
Bullying is down to Record lows in this country because of Schools Districts, "No Tolerance Policy" on Bullying.

Agree!

Agree!
I can Tell from some of these responses that, some of you people don't have teenagers. Things have changed and you can't go around Vigilante style and punching out bullies anymore.
They have, my father was bullied once in high school (again 1960's) when a neighborhood kid kept spiking a volleyball his way in gym. After school, my father beat him in a schoolyard fight. No detentions, no charges nothing. Try doing that today.

As for bullying being "down" I think it just merely moved to being cyber-bullying, therefore harder for schools to track and take care of in house. I had a case of bullying but on school grounds after hours during a driving school program. Two a-holes made wise-cracks about me and this went on for several weeks until one day they threw a ball of paper drive-by style at my head. This was the breaking point. The school couldn't do anything despite it being on school grounds and had I stood up for myself, I would have likely gotten a record. NOTE: the instructor thought that I just needed thick skin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Bullies yada yada yada. I was bullied in school, I fought and won some and lost some but people knew I wasn't a pushover. I grew up in a different world. But when I grew up and entered the workforce, bullies still existed. No one talks about bullying in the workplace. I experienced it first hand. Terrible experience. Micromanaging, undermining, subtle phrases all part of "control" in the workplace. Hard to identify, hard to fight. Ultimately, I left the company and have a great boss and peers now. Personalities. Man, I hate people.
I think it is hard to say as not everyone has the same reactions to bullying and being bullied. Some end up with serious mental issues from it, others are you. It depends from person to person. That said, those bullied ARE more prone to being diagnosed with mental illness including depression. Victims Of Bullying At Increased Risk Of Anxiety Disorders And Depression Later On - Medical News Today Teen Bullying Victims Have Double The Risk Of Developing Depression In Adulthood Depression High in Cyber Bully Victims | Psych Central News http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...796_story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Bullying is good thing, imo. I was bullied when I was younger. I fought back against them, defended myself, and, ultimately, won. That gave me confidence and I've been pretty successful in life. I can't say that it was completely because of this, but it certainly helped.

People need to stop whining about bullies and fight their own battles.
And then deal with the consequences from standing their ground that can get them.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:06 PM

464 posts, read 451,803 times
zero tolerance is a bunch of BS. bully needs to get an ass whooping from his parents and then apologize to the blind kid he was picking on. the kid who defended the blind guy shouldn't have been suspended or kicked off the football team.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Good to see it's not just sexual assault cases where people blame the victim (see the thread regarding the middle school forced kiss on a dare). It's actually oddly comforting.

Even if the kid did do or say something that caused the bully to beat him, it doesn't mean he should have and it doesn't mean a kid, on school property, can resort to violence.

Regardless of the circumstances prior, the bully took it a step further and started physically assaulting another person. This is never okay, and I don't get why people think violence is okay in a situation like this.

Could you explain this logically? It makes no sense.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
what bothers me the most about all these stupid videos that blow up on the internet are the goddang scumbags filming. Instead of going for help, or trying to break up the fight, they sit behind the camera and instigate.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:

No, nothing has changed, and if it has it needs to change back. The kid beating on the blind kid should be thrown out of school. The kid defending the blind kid should receive a medal of valor and citations for excellent citizenship.

The correct response from the kids surrounding this savage bullying a blind kid is to immediately grab him and beat the crap out of him. Violence is justified, correct, and good at certain times, and this was one of those times.

We'd have less bullies if we'd stand up to them and give them smack downs. All kids should receive self-defense training at an early age and should be able to physically handle bullies on their own and in coming to the aid of others.

Bullys depend on weakness. If most citizens are strong and able to administer a violent counter-offensive when attacked, the term bully would become an archaic and anachronistic curiosity of the past.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:15 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Thug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events