Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Could you explain this logically? It makes no sense.
Explain what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 10:11 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
Next chapter http://news.yahoo.com/video/hero-stu...160109812.html

This looks like it will end as it should. Bully has remorse, won't do it again. Cody takes it all in stride, in fact asks that people lay off the bully as he has learned his lesson,. Life moves on.

Teenagers make mistakes. A little schoolyard justice was all that was needed here.

Last edited by jw2; 09-27-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
A) This is exactly why I don't have kids B) If that was my blind son and I saw this whole thing happen-I would go over the parents house of the kid who was beating up my kid and beat both their asses and their kids ass in. Then I would have gone to the kids house who hit the kid beating up my kid and given them cash on the spot and congratulated them for not raising a POS.

Are you m-fing-kidding me???
Yep! I don't get why the parents don't ever get busted for their kid being a thug bully! He learned it from some damn where!

Old 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
That is it? That is the video? All I saw was one punch from someone to another and then they say "visually impaired", which could mean a lot of things. Also, there is nothing at the beginning. What started this?
It bothers me that people just buy into the narrative that the kid was blind. I am not beliving that he was literally 100% blind and a guy with friends would bully him. It does not make sense that a 100% blind kid would attend a normal school. The kid was visually impaired, but that could mean a lot of things. Without knowing the degree of visual impairment I can not comment on the appropriateness of the response by the puncher or the school disciplining the puncher.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:22 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It bothers me that people just buy into the narrative that the kid was blind. I am not beliving that he was literally 100% blind and a guy with friends would bully him. It does not make sense that a 100% blind kid would attend a normal school. The kid was visually impaired, but that could mean a lot of things. Without knowing the degree of visual impairment I can not comment on the appropriateness of the response by the puncher or the school disciplining the puncher.
I guess you missed the part where the hero went over to ask if he was okay and the blind kid tripped over his foot.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:54 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Why should I care if the kid was blind or not? The kid was being assaulted. Someone came to his rescue. Self defense is self defense.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
On one hand, I am very glad that the bully got whacked for picking on a visually impaired kid. On the other hand, a hard sucker punch from the side to the bully's head is very dangerous.

Mick
I have higher concerns than the impact of a sucker punch on a vicious bully.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Me too. And yes they are cowards! As a parent, if I EVER found out that my kid was partaking in bullying someone, especially someone with a disability, I'd slap the living s*** out of him!
My older son is 17 months older than my younger son, but disproportionately stronger. My younger son is also on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. The two generally enjoy an extraordinarily close and positive relationship.

In June 2008 my older son was getting a bit rowdy with my younger son. I sat my older son down on the stairs and told him in a stern voice that he is "never to pick on anyone smaller or weaker than him, for any reason." I thought nothing of it, just being a father.

That October my younger son was bothering his brother at school. My wife and I asked the school to separate them during the day as much as possible. The school psychologist called my older son in and asked him, for no reason, if h is "parents had ever done anything that frightened him." He told her that his father (me) had "put him on the stairs" the prior spring, and lectured him. The school recorded that I "pushed him down the stairs." My older son in vain tried to correct the report. The result was that we were "investigated" by Child Protective Services. A couple of months later we went to the superintendent to try to get the blemish cleared off my record. He said he "wished that more parents would do what I did" about bullying. I said "not if you call Child Protective Services."

The moral of the story; that the schools talk a good line about bullying but don't walk that line.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Why? It's not like it could cause brain damage. Kid would have to have a brain first.
That had me rolling with laughter. So true. I repped this post.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Your sarcasm is funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Considering his name is A Bigot, my money is on him being a kid in mommy's basement. I am wondering who are the idiots repping this kid. 80 reps on 10 posts
I think Shadowne has it right. But I didn't pick up the derivation of that poster's name. Good catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events