Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 09:45 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, just look at the amount of violence that is committed in this very country on a daily basis & you have your answer. Just look in your backyard to see all the violence. Muslims don't have a lock hold on violence.
It is interesting that you want to make these deflections when the fact is that the wealthiest Muslim countries will not take in ANY of these people. They know the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 09:47 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Handful is not a specific number which, which is why people trying to say Muslim are not violent use it.
SMALL NUMBER is that better, why play games with a word, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Quote:
According to Angel Rabasa, who is a senior political scientist at the RAND corporation. While conducting research for a 2014 book he coauthored, "Euro Jihad," he found that Western European intelligence agencies estimated that less than one percent of the Muslim population living within their borders are at risk for becoming radicals.

Working off of these intelligence estimates, if you were to take one percent of the Muslim populations of Germany, France, and the United Kingdom, by the most liberal of estimates, less than 125,000 Muslims living in these combined countries would be prone to radicalization. Add that to the possible radical population across the rest of Europe and the sum is approximately 325,000 Muslims are at risk of becoming radical.
How many Muslim extremists are there? Just the facts, please. - CSMonitor.com

Old 11-22-2015, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
We are not talking about individual sociopathic crime. We are talking about large scale, notorious, organized destruction of innocent human life with religious intent.

We are not talking about the general concept of "violence". We are talking about the specific, organized, form of violence that is being engineered and exported by members that adhere to a specific religious philosophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
I guess you missed where I said how many are committing terrorist attacks. Example a kid was shot through the window recently in my area all because the shooter had a bad argument with one of the parents. That is not a terrorist attack.
Oh I see, so that kid getting shot thru the window means nothing.

Why do you willfully ignore the violence that occurs in this country every day? Why do you choose to ignore the fact that you are more likely to be a victim of violence by citizens of this country than by some radical terrorists? Why do you choose to keep your head in the sand & only focus on some group of extremists?

Old 11-22-2015, 09:55 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about terrorist attacks and you decided to deflect it by trying to talk about violent crimes that happen in the US.

Quote:
Why do you willfully ignore the violence that occurs in this country every day? Why do you choose to ignore the fact that you are more likely to be a victim of violence by citizens of this country than by some radical terrorists? Why do you choose to keep your head in the sand & only focus on some group of extremists?
Why do you willfully ignore the terrorist attacks that are occuring more often in Western countries? Why do you ignore the fact that terror attacks are happening and by people who so many people want to be PC about? Heck my posts in this thread has been about Europe since we are talking about the terror attacks that happened in Europe. Sorry the only person with their head in the sand is you.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
SMALL NUMBER is that better, why play games with a word, you know exactly what I am talking about.
Actually I do not. You were playing games with the words and still are.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Nobody is ignoring this violence. We know that it happens. It also happens among Muslim's as well. They have similar crimes. What we are talking about is the practicing of Islam that includes killing others.

During the Mumbai attacks they specifically targeted Jews, like how many Jews do Pakistani's have contact with to have a problem with them?, and spared Muslims. Why do you ignore attacks like Paris over the last 3 decades +?

Why do you ignore that the wealthiest Muslim countries will take ANY Muslims?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
It is interesting that you want to make these deflections when the fact is that the wealthiest Muslim countries will not take in ANY of these people. They know the problem.
What deflections? People are going hysterical about terrorists yet willfully ignore the epidemic we have in this country. Why wring hands over something that will unlikely happen yet turn heads away from a very real problem that happens every day in their own backyard?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
What does that have to do with what I said? I was talking about terrorist attacks and you decided to deflect it by trying to talk about violent crimes that happen in the US.

Why do you willfully ignore the terrorist attacks that are occuring more often in Western countries? Why do you ignore the fact that terror attacks are happening and by people who so many people want to be PC about? Heck my posts in this thread has been about Europe since we are talking about the terror attacks that happened in Europe. Sorry the only person with their head in the sand is you.
No deflection, I'm pointing out that people choose to ignore the violence that occurs in your backyard yet are fretting about something that will unlikely happen. Who's being PC about terrorists? Last I saw, people want these extremists eraradicated. Can you tell me how that is being PC?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that the reasons the Saudi's won't accept refugees is clear because I think they may be aiding ISIL, and ISIL needs the refugees left in their home countries so they can torture and kill them and fill the social media with evidence of their deeds. A Saudi Prince was caught with 2 tons of the very same amphetamine based drug that ISIL is so fond of, there is evidence that the Saudi's have assisted ISIL in various ways, and ISIL are Captagon users and also procure ingredients for it's manufacture.

Maybe this war is has more to do with narco terrorism than it does radical jihad.

"According to the report, the drugs that the prince and his men tried to smuggle was an amphetamine called captagon. Terror groups like ISIS and al Nusra Front are reportedly smuggling chemical ingredients for the production of Captagon."

Captagon: the amphetamine fuelling Syria's civil war | World news | The Guardian

The extremist group that is threatening the existence of the Iraqi state was built and grown for years with the help of elite donors from American supposed allies in the Persian Gulf region.

Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ke13JNlpBQ

Old 11-22-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
What deflections? People are going hysterical about terrorists yet willfully ignore the epidemic we have in this country. Why wring hands over something that will unlikely happen yet turn heads away from a very real problem that happens every day in their own backyard?
Just because we have crime and criminals in this country does not justify attacks like in Paris and Mali.

It also will not make crime better by bringing in large groups of ungrateful leaches into this country. There is no reason to pay for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events