Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 01:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It's common for every older generation to complain about every newer generation. I'm not impressed.

What I can say is, in a generation/world where it is acceptable to call a human being "it" and not respect them and treat them with basic decency, just because they have what YOU think is a psychological disorder or delusions, I'm happy to see some light and fairness move in with the newer generations. Good riddance to your so called "Christian morals." Some of us are more compassionate and understanding than some of you will ever be.
You ASSume that all dissenting opinions are from old White Christian conservatives.
You probably also ASSume that younger generations are all accepting.

Never ASSume because it comes back to bite you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 01:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You ASSume that all dissenting opinions are from old White Christian conservatives.
You probably also ASSume that younger generations are all accepting.

Never ASSume because it comes back to bite you.
No, in my personal experience, the older somebody is (I'm talking middle age and older), the less likely they are to understand or feel compassion for gay or trans people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or politics. I really think it's a generational thing. Add in religion and yes conservatism, and yes I think that's the case even more.

We have poster here right on this thread who keeps discussing "Christian values" so really what am I ASSuming?? It's right here on the thread.

And stop low-key calling me an ass.

EDIT: Funny, I reread my post, and nowhere did I say "white conservative," I didn't even say Christian. I referred to "Christian morals" which other posters have brought up themselves. I merely said "older generations." Who's doing the ASSuming now?

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 12-29-2015 at 02:13 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 01:34 PM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Vector do you mind NOT using gender slurs in your posts. A tranny is what makes your car run. A transgender person is a HUMAN BEING and we will appreciate your using proper terminology.

You mean proper PC terminology?
No chance.

However, rather than just leave you with the impression that the term is a slur, look up and find many a tranny themselves that use that term. I think one named RuPaul has spoken about it.
Tranny, is just a shortened term for transsexual/transgender or the like.
While I will sometimes spell it all out, I use abbreviations like homo for homosexual, hetero for heterosexual, for expediency.

The best way I can attempt to educate you in a non condescending way, would be to give you a real life example.
I one day used the term Jew instead of spelling out Jewish. Not only was the shortened version more appropriate, but it sounded better in the sentences structure. Sure enough an overly sensitive PC speech cop came along and said using the term Jew was a slur.
No matter how much I reasoned with them, they insisted I was an anti-sematic bigot. Normally I just ignore the psychosis of the PC infected fools, but instead decided to figure out how to educate this person. I found a Jewish website where you could as a Rabbi any question you liked(typically about scriptural interpretations and the like). You post your question, and one or more Rabbi's will come along and post an answer.
To make a long story short, 3 different Rabbi's addressed my question as to whether using the term Jew instead of typing out Jewish person was anti-Semitic or even insulting.
As you might imagine (unless you think the term is offensive), all 3 Rabbis said the term Jew in and of itself was not a slur, insult or offensive.
One did point out that context was the important factor. So if you said "I was talking to a Jew about XYZ", that would be fine. However if you said something like "the Jew was a money grubber", that would be an insult.
Not because of the use of the word Jew, but the overall comment. He also point out that the same would apply to using Jewish, as in "all Jewish people are money grubbers". Different terms, but both just as insulting based on the context.

So, if I were saying tranny ***, or POS tranny, I am obviously deriding a transsexual, just as if I were saying the same comment, but spelling out transsexual instead.

Please tell me that the light bulb above your head just illuminated?
If so, there is hope yet that your potential PC infection can be managed, if not outright cured.

`

Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Therein lies the problem.

We already have enough people who want to tear down what American culture, traditions, morals, & values have always meant since becoming a Republic.

However to liberals, the more freaks the better. Do whatever feels good, societal norms be damned.
Trouble is that a societies fabric will come apart at the seems, maybe not all at once, but over time.
Then putting it back will be next to impossible, and we will cease to be the great nation that was entrusted to us by our forefathers.
Yep, thank god. Otherwise women wouldn't be able to vote, you'd still have segregation, you wouldn't be able to get a no fault divorce, and so called witches would be burned at the stake.

All the above were pinnacles of morality and values at one point.

Have at it dear. I'm happy those days are over. And I'll be happy when all the freaks can let it fly too.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I agree with the you, but IMHO a law like this is the beginning of a slippery slope.
Exactly right.

By the way, to the poster calling everyone bullies, how the hell can we be bullies? Every day it seems like there's another letter added to the LGBT thingie - letters that I have NO idea what they mean. How can we keep up when there's yet another "class" of people that believe they are being crucified, yet the majority of the population doesn't even know wth they are classifying themselves as?

I don't give a rat's backside if you want to dress up in women's clothes if you're male, or if you want to wear men's clothes if you're female. I don't care who you date. I don't care who you go to bed with. I don't care if you get surgery on yourself to make your chest look bigger, cut off body parts, pierce every part of you, tattoo your entire face and body, split your tongue, put horns in your head, put holes in your cheeks, zipper your back, pierce your gums...I. don't. give. a. crap. But stop asking all of the rest of us to call you whatever new made up word you want us to call you.

You are either male, or you are female. If you were born male, you are male. If you were born female, you are female. If you change your name, I will call you by whatever you legally changed your name to, but I will not go along with your charade that you are something that you aren't.

You will never be a lizard, a cat, a vampire, a devil, or whatever the hell else you are trying to look like by altering yourself, you're still what you were born as: male or female. No amount of body modification changes what you were born as.

YOU stop bullying US.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times
This is simply pathetic.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Exactly right.

By the way, to the poster calling everyone bullies, how the hell can we be bullies? Every day it seems like there's another letter added to the LGBT thingie - letters that I have NO idea what they mean. How can we keep up when there's yet another "class" of people that believe they are being crucified, yet the majority of the population doesn't even know wth they are classifying themselves as?

I don't give a rat's backside if you want to dress up in women's clothes if you're male, or if you want to wear men's clothes if you're female. I don't care who you date. I don't care who you go to bed with. I don't care if you get surgery on yourself to make your chest look bigger, cut off body parts, pierce every part of you, tattoo your entire face and body, split your tongue, put horns in your head, put holes in your cheeks, zipper your back, pierce your gums...I. don't. give. a. crap. But stop asking all of the rest of us to call you whatever new made up word you want us to call you.

You are either male, or you are female. If you were born male, you are male. If you were born female, you are female. If you change your name, I will call you by whatever you legally changed your name to, but I will not go along with your charade that you are something that you aren't.

You will never be a lizard, a cat, a vampire, a devil, or whatever the hell else you are trying to look like by altering yourself, you're still what you were born as: male or female. No amount of body modification changes what you were born as.

YOU stop bullying US.
All they are asking is for employers to call a person by the gender they ask to be called by. That's all. You don't have to call people lizards, vampires, cats, or anything else that is not male or female human. The law isn't for people who claim to be animals. It's for transgenderism, a real and recognized phenomenon in which a person has been born in the wrong body for how they feel in their mind. A phenomenon that presents itself usually at a very young age, before a child even really understands the concepts of gender and the cruelty of the world around them.

While I don't like this law because I DO think it's a slippery slope into too much government intrusion, I would have absolutely no problems following it for its purpose - that is, being a decent human being and respecting the person standing in front of you that works for you. It's NOT too much to ask to call Brianna, who used to be Bob to you and everyone else who is not Brianna who doesn't understand the way Bob felt all his life while he was Bob, a female. It's really not. If this is the biggest issue you have in your life to worry about, then be thankful you have a damn good life.

No one is bullying you by asking you to just shut your mouth, stop the bigotry, and act like the adult you say you are. You don't have to like their lives or even think it's a real thing, how they feel, but it's common decency to address someone as they wish to be addressed - especially if it's soemthing as basic as gender. He or she. Go talk about them behind their backs like so many of you do already, cruelly, whatever - we can't stop that. But to their faces, to address them how they say? Not hard. People MAKE it hard because they'd rather stomp their feet and cry about how trans people are delusional, as if they know what its like or are doctors themselves who study these things.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Therein lies the problem.

We already have enough people who want to tear down what American culture, traditions, morals, & values have always meant since becoming a Republic.

However to liberals, the more freaks the better. Do whatever feels good, societal norms be damned.
Trouble is that a societies fabric will come apart at the seems, maybe not all at once, but over time.
Then putting it back will be next to impossible, and we will cease to be the great nation that was entrusted to us by our forefathers.
Do tell.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And the bold is what's so bothersome to me.

One of the associate pastor's at my church preached Sunday, and reiterated the point that it is okay to disagree with someone's lifestyle choices, but do not be hateful to them.

Amazing how some people call themselves Christian, but then turn around and be so judgmental and hateful towards people that are different.
That goes both ways. All the Christian bashing I see on CD, even right here on this thread...hypocrites abound.

No, I'm not Christian, I just hate the double standards.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
All they are asking is for employers to call a person by the gender they ask to be called by. That's all. You don't have to call people lizards, vampires, cats, or anything else that is not male or female human. The law isn't for people who claim to be animals. It's for transgenderism, a real and recognized phenomenon in which a person has been born in the wrong body for how they feel in their mind. A phenomenon that presents itself usually at a very young age, before a child even really understands the concepts of gender and the cruelty of the world around them.

While I don't like this law because I DO think it's a slippery slope into too much government intrusion, I would have absolutely no problems following it for its purpose - that is, being a decent human being and respecting the person standing in front of you that works for you. It's NOT too much to ask to call Brianna, who used to be Bob to you and everyone else who is not Brianna who doesn't understand the way Bob felt all his life while he was Bob, a female. It's really not. If this is the biggest issue you have in your life to worry about, then be thankful you have a damn good life.

No one is bullying you by asking you to just shut your mouth, stop the bigotry, and act like the adult you say you are. You don't have to like their lives or even think it's a real thing, how they feel, but it's common decency to address someone as they wish to be addressed - especially if it's soemthing as basic as gender. He or she. Go talk about them behind their backs like so many of you do already, cruelly, whatever - we can't stop that. But to their faces, to address them how they say? Not hard. People MAKE it hard because they'd rather stomp their feet and cry about how trans people are delusional, as if they know what its like or are doctors themselves who study these things.
I don't believe in "born in the wrong body".

And before you go off half cocked with your lame ASSumptions, you should know that I have worked with someone who was male and dressed as female. You should also know, before you continue on with your asinine assumptions, that I was very good friends with this person. You should also know, before you spout off more of YOUR bigotry, that I was one of the very few people who even hung out with this person.

I always, ALWAYS viewed this person as male. He was a male. He wore women's clothes, but he was a male.

Guess what? HE DIDN'T HAVE A FRICKEN PROBLEM WITH IT, and did not insist that I address him anyway but friendly, which is what I did. I really liked him, he was hilarious as anything, he was intelligent, and we were friends. But did I ever call him a "her"? No. And he didn't care.

Stuff that in to your bigotry PC pipe and smoke it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events