Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 02:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That goes both ways. All the Christian bashing I see on CD, even right here on this thread...hypocrites abound.

No, I'm not Christian, I just hate the double standards.
Uh, they shouldn't be hateful to anyone, either, but non-Christians don't live by an ideology like Christians do, which instructs them to not be hateful, even when hate is thrown their way.

Being "bullied" () does not give a Christian a free pass to respond with hateful words and actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:42 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
I don't believe in "born in the wrong body".
You made that quite clear. But luckily for everyone else, transgender people and those in the medical and research community don't care what you think.

Quote:
And before you go off half cocked with your lame ASSumptions, you should know that I have worked with someone who was male and dressed as female. You should also know, before you continue on with your asinine assumptions, that I was very good friends with this person. You should also know, before you spout off more of YOUR bigotry, that I was one of the very few people who even hung out with this person.
You SHOULD speak to and hang out with trans people. There's no reason to not. So sorry, but I'm not giving you special recognition for it. That trans person you worked with and were friends with is no different than anyone else.

And again, with low-key calling me an ass. Is this the only response people have? Yes, I know the whole "when you assume" argument but I'm not assuming anything. I'm taking info right out of others' posts. Even an idiot could see how certain people see trans people with contempt and utter disrespect. The fact that you were friends with one doesn't mean you that you respect their life and struggles - "I don't believe in "born in the wrong body"" - this quote alone proves that you don't get it.

Quote:
I always, ALWAYS viewed this person as male. He was a male. He wore women's clothes, but he was a male.
YOU always viewed her as a male. Because YOUR opinion is superior, and matters more than that very individual's, right? Perhaps she was cool with it, but that comes down to personality. Not everyone is that cool with it. Good for her that she was, though.

Caitlyn Jenner has no problems with her family still calling her "Bruce," "Dad," and "him" because she knows that, despite what she felt and hid from everyone, she was a he for their whole lives up until now. And it's got to be hard on the kids. But that doesn't give everyone else a free pass to be obtuse and say "well he will always be a he so I refuse to be a decent person and suck it up and call Caitlyn a "she."" Time for people to grow up.

Quote:
Guess what? HE DIDN'T HAVE A FRICKEN PROBLEM WITH IT, and did not insist that I address him anyway but friendly, which is what I did. I really liked him, he was hilarious as anything, he was intelligent, and we were friends. But did I ever call him a "her"? No. And he didn't care.
Not everyone is this carefree about it. I'm glad that some trans people can laugh it off and say, "yeah, I used to be a man so I get it if people accidentally call me a man still and I don't care if people get mixed up." Good for them. But some people are more sensitive. I doubt many trans people will get upset if someone accidentally refers to them by the wrong gender, especially if they have only recently transformed, but anything done with malice - like so many comments here - should not be tolerated IMO and should not even happen in the first place. People need to grow up. No one has to like the lifestyle or agree with it, but it's just plain stubborn behavior to say "well he IS a man so I will call him one " Grow up. I'm talking about the intentional hatred and obtuseness that I see. Anything accidental should be overlooked IMO, but the intentionally mean comments here aren't necessary. There's a difference between intentional and not.

Quote:
Stick that in to your bigotry PC pipe and smoke it.
I'm actually very un-PC. Most people on CD that hang out in current events probably know this. I have said multiple times how un-PC I am and how I hate PC crap. I don't view this as a PC issue. I view this as a basic human decency and even human rights issue. It becomes a human rights issue when transgender people are being murdered simply because they're transgender. It's a hate crime. Addressing people in a professional setting like the workplace by the gender they identify as isn't being PC, it's being a nice and decent, mature person.

I also think you should look up the definition of "bigotry" before you accuse ME of being a bigot. Perhaps I'm intolerant of the intolerance of others, but that only makes me a bigot towards those who refuse to treat other humans with common decency and respect, aka I won't stoop down to their level, so I welcome the dig if it means I'm the better person. Which I am.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 12-29-2015 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 03:20 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Using "real" and "natural" gender sounds a lot like the old negative language of "lifestyle" for homosexuality. How about "original" or "birth" gender? Much less judgmental....
Classic

So not only are we suppose to ignore reality, but we must also go out of our way to use words that will be as sensitive to their lifestyle choices as possible?
It reminds me of the absurd word games Obama/Hillary play by replacing terrorism with "man made disaster", or the war on terror with "overseas contingency plan". Or how about the Islamic terrorist attack at Ft Hood being called "workplace violence".
I know some will speculate it was to try and obfuscate the multiple terrorist attacks that have occurred here since Obama & Hillary were in office.
But there is also something pathological with liberals to where they think changing verbiage somehow changes reality.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:20 PM

36 posts, read 49,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I also think you should look up the definition of "bigotry" before you accuse ME of being a bigot. Perhaps I'm intolerant of the intolerance of others, but that only makes me a bigot towards those who refuse to treat other humans with common decency and respect, aka I won't stoop down to their level, so I welcome the dig if it means I'm the better person. Which I am.
You know the one great thing about all this? These bigots are going to die off soon and take their obsolete hate attitudes with them and transgender folks will finally get the respect they deserve.

Transgenders are never going back in the closet like you want them to. So get over it

Old 12-29-2015, 03:22 PM

743 posts, read 766,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If anyone has noticed all the bigotry, derrogatory names, misgendering and outright hatred of trans people on CD and the near daily threads on the topic which seems to consume so many, and the fact that like 30 TG people have been murdered this year alone, then quite probably this law is necessary to provide some tiny protections from the hate. I for one welcome it.
Trannys tend to get murdered because of the lifestyle many of them lead - prostitution and drug activity specifically. How many female hookers were murdered this year?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
What an excellent point. I will start publically deriding and challenging christian people today. Anyone who says something they feel to be true, but which I don't feel to be true, like invoking a god, or speaking of blessings, will no longer receive polite silence from me. Thanks to your excellent observation I will be sure to not leave the conversation until they admit it's a delusion.

Unlike the ability to scientifically prove someone's gender, you cannot prove nor disprove the existence of God.
Nice try, but a fail nonetheless.

PS - Whether you are religious or not, both Christian and God should be capitalized, and it has nothing to do with belief or faith.

`

Old 12-29-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
You folks do know that 'political correctness' is a synonym for 'treating people with respect'.

Wrong

It is catering to any absurd or made up feel good nonsense. It is also trying to appease the grievance, gender and racial merchants that are just looking to alter a persons view with the threat of force. I could go on, but I am sure you have already tuned me out.

`

Old 12-29-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep, thank god. Otherwise women wouldn't be able to vote, you'd still have segregation, you wouldn't be able to get a no fault divorce, and so called witches would be burned at the stake.

All the above were pinnacles of morality and values at one point.

Have at it dear. I'm happy those days are over. And I'll be happy when all the freaks can let it fly too.

Your responses are classis liberalism by trying to taint and/or conflate some darker parts of our history with the general goodness and wisdom of our Republics founding.
You would tear down our Founding Fathers brilliance and all we did to become the greatest free country this earth has ever witnessed, by viewing history with a modern day PC lens.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
I grew up in a time and place where the Bible made it clear how we're supposed to act and treat each other. And while I don't agree with this whole "transgender" flip flop of sexes stuff-I should NOT be forced to call them by a name other than they were born with. I cannot fathom WHY a law is made that FORCES me to call someone something other than their name, and if I don't I'm gonna get fined? I try and treat others as I'd like to be treated, yet this whole society has been turned upside down inside out and backwards.

If someone is physiologically born a man, then he is a man. NOTHING can change that. If someone is born with female parts- then they are a woman. Now there are indeed cases where someone is born with both semblances of both male/female genitalia, that is a different story. But this whole I'm a woman trapped in a man's body? Uh uh. Or a man trapped in a woman's? Don't buy it. Now children are being taught at 2-3 years of age that they're no longer Billy but Roberta..

HOW can a child possibly know anything about sexual identity ?? If laws are made that protect others against calling someone the wrong name, but I cannot stand behind MY religious held beliefs in America any longer? That I am FORCED to go against things I hold true then where are MY rights to have religious held beliefs? Where is the justice in that? If I legally changed my name to F U, and believe in my heart that is who I am, then I should force people to call me FU? God makes a person EXACTLY how they. Male and Female. Not a twisted confused mess up version of what God allowed to happen. And a $250,000 fine? What does NYC plan on doing when there are so many muslims in NYC and they start mass killings of trans since they HATE them? Is that going to be ok since the muslims have a "religious held belief" in their teaching? I have a religious held belief that causes me to want to love others- But NO WHERE in the Bible does it say I have to put up with nonsense. We are no longer "One Nation Under God", and it's sad. I no longer have "rights" to my beliefs as others rights are now more vital to society. This PC nonsense will come back and bite us all. Tolerance does not mean I have to put up with it all. And by the way- All of you who think I'm ready for a retirement home with my outdated opinions- I happen to have my opinions based on a lifetime of treating others as I thought I'd like to be treated- With traditional values and God's ways. Funny how they worked just fine for almost 2000 years. Traditional values- All thrown out the window for people wanting "their wants and rights".. Gonna come back and bite you all big time

No, YOU are not going to be fined, but if you do this on company time and they allow it, your employer may be.

Disregarding the wishes of someone is disrespectful and a passive-aggressive way to get in their face because you have a problem with who they are.

This is not at all in line with treating others the way you would like to be treated, and is not at all the Christian thing to do.

For the record, I guess I should disclose the fact that I'm old, white, Christian and hate both political parties but tend to relate more to conservative than liberal thinking.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Hateful? Bigots? What a load of @#$%!

I don't hate you. In fact, I don't give a rat's ass what you do. If you're a man who enjoys banging other man, have at it. That's your business. I don't want to make it mine.
If you're a female who prefers women, crew cuts and army boots, go enjoy yourself. Just don't come to me and tell me about it. If you chose to dress like a man, I'll assume you're not right in the head. And just like I'd refuse to hire any mental unfit person, I'll refuse to hire the female in army boots. Do in your private life whatever you want to do. When you bring your sickness to my doorstep...that's when I draw the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events