Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 09:25 AM

602 posts, read 504,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
And while I don't agree with this whole "transgender" flip flop of sexes stuff-I should NOT be forced to call them by a name other than they were born with.
People aren't "born" with a name - that's an artificial construct. In any case, you probably wouldn't think twice about calling a woman by her married last name, a person commonly known by a nickname with such, an adopted person by their name after being adopted, or an actor/actress by their stage name. (ETA2: Another case I thought of - I know someone whose first name was changed after birth due to a change-of-heart on what the parents wanted to call the child.) And if the person's name has been legally changed for whatever reason, failure to acknowledge the change could be dicey even without laws like the one this thread is about.

ETA: I'm not talking about penalizing someone who knew a person by one name before and then forcing them to use another without a break-in period. I'm referring to cases where a person was introduced with one name and then calling them by another derogatorily (which is inappropriate regardless of the reason for the name change, even without the increased scrutiny with a gender-change-related name change). ETA3: Even if the anti-trans* people get their way and people cannot refer to themselves by the gender they identify with, common law (that has existed LONG before people could have gender-change surgery) states that one has the right to be known by whatever name they choose unless for fraudulent purposes (for instance to legally change your name a judge may have to approve it, but for him/her to deny it he/she has to suspect that you're doing it for reasons like to hide a criminal record, get out of paying debts, etc. - simply preferring a different name is a 100% legal reason to change it if you have a clean background).

Last edited by KellyXY; 01-01-2016 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 11:15 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
People aren't "born" with a name - that's an artificial construct. In any case, you probably wouldn't think twice about calling a woman by her married last name, a person commonly known by a nickname with such, an adopted person by their name after being adopted, or an actor/actress by their stage name. (ETA2: Another case I thought of - I know someone whose first name was changed after birth due to a change-of-heart on what the parents wanted to call the child.) And if the person's name has been legally changed for whatever reason, failure to acknowledge the change could be dicey even without laws like the one this thread is about.

ETA: I'm not talking about penalizing someone who knew a person by one name before and then forcing them to use another without a break-in period. I'm referring to cases where a person was introduced with one name and then calling them by another derogatorily (which is inappropriate regardless of the reason for the name change, even without the increased scrutiny with a gender-change-related name change). ETA3: Even if the anti-trans* people get their way and people cannot refer to themselves by the gender they identify with, common law (that has existed LONG before people could have gender-change surgery) states that one has the right to be known by whatever name they choose unless for fraudulent purposes (for instance to legally change your name a judge may have to approve it, but for him/her to deny it he/she has to suspect that you're doing it for reasons like to hide a criminal record, get out of paying debts, etc. - simply preferring a different name is a 100% legal reason to change it if you have a clean background).

The left works real hard to come up with excuses to halt our natural propensity to call a he, a he.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:44 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleroy View Post
If this is liberalism, maybe I'm not as liberal as I thought.
This is the progressive insanity of progressivism.

So these "tolerant" imbeciles want anyone who defines itself as girl or boy to be free to use any bathroom and shower facilities? Long ago I stopped asking the question "How on earth can ANYONE be this stupid?"

As Einstein said, "Only the universe and human stupidity are infinite, and sometimes I'm not so sure about the universe (being infinite)."

Of course, the rule-makers never have to share bathrooms or showers.

It's just for the common folk.

Countless numbers of adolescent boys will suddenly experience conversions, and head for the girls' showers.

This is allowing, encouraging, criminal behavior which will surely result in sexual assaults and God knows what other horrible events that are 100% preventable if not for this "liberalism" which is not liberal in any sense of the word.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. The blowback on this is not going to be pretty.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:53 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
This is the progressive insanity of progressivism.

So these "tolerant" imbeciles want anyone who defines itself as girl or boy to be free to use any bathroom and shower facilities? Long ago I stopped asking the question "How on earth can ANYONE be this stupid?"

As Einstein said, "Only the universe and human stupidity are infinite, and sometimes I'm not so sure about the universe (being infinite)."

Of course, the rule-makers never have to share bathrooms or showers.

It's just for the common folk.

Countless numbers of adolescent boys will suddenly experience conversions,e and head for the girls' showers.

This is allowing, encouraging, criminal behavior which will surely result in sexual assaults and God knows what other horrible events that are 100% preventable if not for this "liberalism" which is not liberal in any sense of the word.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. The blowback on this is not going to be pretty.
Oh rubbish.

Absolute nonsense. You're telling me that adolescent boys are going to dress up like girls in order to commit sexual assault in public bathrooms? Adolescent boys who are so embarrassed by everything that they can barely function, let alone function in public, dressed as girls?

Bwhahahaha! Priceless.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:28 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh rubbish.

Absolute nonsense. You're telling me that adolescent boys are going to dress up like girls in order to commit sexual assault in public bathrooms? Adolescent boys who are so embarrassed by everything that they can barely function, let alone function in public, dressed as girls?

Bwhahahaha! Priceless.
Although I disagree that "countless" teenage boys will head for the girls' locker rooms (or whatever) in order to commit assault, teenagers of both sexes are known for really stupid behavior.

And as far as being "embarrassed by everything", what about the embarrassment of many teenage girls (or any females, for that matter) if they are forced to share locker space with apparent males?

But, again, it seems that this is another case of the wants of the majority being completely disregarded when they conflict with the wants of some of those who are a very small minority.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:28 AM

602 posts, read 504,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The left works real hard to come up with excuses to halt our natural propensity to call a he, a he.
I'm not referring to what pronoun we should use to refer to a particular person - I'm referring to a person's name along with how no one has a "natural birth name" (at least as far as given names are concerned - with surnames you could argue that there are one or two "natural" possibilities based on the child's biological parents, but even the assignment of surnames way back when with your ancestors was still an artificial social construct), that transgender people make up a very tiny percentage of all name changes (so ohnonothimagain's logic regarding names - not pronouns or other gendered words like man/woman or boy/girl - fails for that reason), and that absent illegal or fraudulent intent Americans (and people in most other Anglo countries) have a long-standing right to be known by whatever name (but not necessarily gender) they wish under the "Common Law" doctrine.

Last edited by KellyXY; 01-02-2016 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 01-02-2016, 09:01 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh rubbish.

Bwhahahaha! Priceless.

How many sexual assaults do you need? Maybe it will only be one -- your daughter or grandaughter.

And maybe it'll be just a "little sexual assault" (touching) after she's followed into the girls school bathroom by the brash and bold football quarterback, who does it on a Double-Dog-Dare-Ya. Since it will be normal to see the boys trickle in and out of the girl's bathroom at school, nobody will pay any attention. Those who DO notice won't say a thing because they're tired of being beaten down by the ridicule that follows...or they'll simply walk on, thinking your daughter invited him.

Keep on Bwhahahaha-ing.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Your response shows you have no true response to my posts and arguments. So genuinely, thank you for that. It only proves what I thought of you.
Speaking of a cop out posts. Please. That link burned your backside, hard. It just proved everything that you said was bs. I just showed you that it's a damn mental disorder. That was my answer to your idiotic comments about how it's normal.

It's not normal.

If you consider that normal, you keep it. YOU keep it. I do not have to keep it, I do not have to deal with it, I do not have to "get it", I do not have to accept it. You pretended that they were just trying to be females, but the fact is, it does get weirder than that.

That you are too dense to understand exactly what that link was telling you shows me that you don't even think about the issues, as long as you can chastise someone for not accepting lunacy as "normal", that's all that matters.

Liberals love their high horses and b**ch and moan when they get knocked off of them. A grown man trying to say he's now a 6 year old girl is fricken lunacy, and no, I absolutely will not accept your ridiculous notion that it's "normal". It's mental illness and anyone who can't see it, I think they also have a mental illness.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Forcing societal acceptance via laws didn't work so now the government has resorted to financial punishment.

This will only serve to make conditions worse.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:58 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
How many sexual assaults do you need? Maybe it will only be one -- your daughter or grandaughter.

And maybe it'll be just a "little sexual assault" (touching) after she's followed into the girls school bathroom by the brash and bold football quarterback, who does it on a Double-Dog-Dare-Ya. Since it will be normal to see the boys trickle in and out of the girl's bathroom at school, nobody will pay any attention. Those who DO notice won't say a thing because they're tired of being beaten down by the ridicule that follows...or they'll simply walk on, thinking your daughter invited him.

Keep on Bwhahahaha-ing.
Followed into the bathroom by a high school quarterback who has a wig and nylons in his car, just for this very moment? Apart from the fact that everyone knows he's not transgender, therefore he can't just saunter in under that pretense, presuming he's - I dunno, well known in the school - he's not doing it because of transgenders, he's doing it because he and his buddies are low life jerks. That being the case, I'm sure they can invite a few girls to a party and slip em a few roofies, I really really doubt they need to go to all the trouble of dressing in drag.

Thanks for illustrating that it's, according to you, high school jocks that are the immoral, criminal element, not the lone very rare transgender teen.

And charming of you to use my 8 year old daughter in your sexual assault scenario. Nice. But I'm not worried about it. Neither is law enforcement.

Quote:
Austin Police Department: "Never Heard Of Any Cases" Of Suspect Entering A Public Restroom While Claiming To Be Transgender. Austin Police Department Detective Mike Crumrine told Media Matters:

I have never heard of any cases in which a suspect entered a public restroom while being dressed as a woman, (or claiming to be transgender), and sexually assaulted a female victim, nor have I heard of a male and assaulting another male victim in this manner.
I checked with detective Rae Egan who just transferred from Sex Crimes to homicide, she too has never heard of APD working a case like that. Sergeant Benningfield was a detective in Sex Crimes before me and is currently the sergeant of the unit. She may have heard of such a case but, to my knowledge, in the six plus years from when she left as a detective to when she came back as the sergeant there has not been a case. [Email to Media Matters, 10/13/15]
Quote:
Dallas Rape Crisis Center: Bathroom Predator Myth Comes From "Ignorance." April A. Mitchell, chief executive officer at the Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center (DARCC), told Media Matters:

These protections are passed with the intention to protect those that are vulnerable to harm in their communities. In our experience, sexual predators will perpetrate under ANY circumstance that presents itself. These types of ordinances or laws do not increase the sexual assaults or rapes for the community. Further, for communities to refuse these basic protections for all citizens will give power to those that would harm others. Last, those that cite this proposition as an "opportunity" to victimize someone are simply doing so in ignorance; not understanding the mentality of perpetrators.

To our knowledge there have not been any problems related to sexual assault and these mandated ordinances by any gender identified or trans gendered persons. [Email to Media Matters, 10/12/15]
http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/10/15/texas-experts-debunk-the-transgender-bathroom-p/206178
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events