Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2016, 03:05 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
How many sexual assaults do you need? Maybe it will only be one -- your daughter or grandaughter.

And maybe it'll be just a "little sexual assault" (touching) after she's followed into the girls school bathroom by the brash and bold football quarterback, who does it on a Double-Dog-Dare-Ya. Since it will be normal to see the boys trickle in and out of the girl's bathroom at school, nobody will pay any attention. Those who DO notice won't say a thing because they're tired of being beaten down by the ridicule that follows...or they'll simply walk on, thinking your daughter invited him.

Keep on Bwhahahaha-ing.
I think this is very unlikely to happen at school. Now a rest area or mall restroom, I can see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 03:32 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,670,073 times
Talking Now the pendulum has swung the other way, but at least the PC folk rarely firebomb their foes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
We are no longer "One Nation Under God", and it's sad. I no longer have "rights" to my beliefs as others rights are now more vital to society. This PC nonsense will come back and bite us all. Tolerance does not mean I have to put up with it all.
Actually, Tolerance does mean you have to put up with it all, that's the definition of the word. Tolerance doesn't mean you have to like it.

We weren't "One Nation Under God" when my dad grew up either; "Under God" was added 51 years ago, due to a different kind of political correctness craze. And I remember when Christians had "rights" to their beliefs, meaning that anybody who didn't agree had to pretend they did, or risk being shunned by their neighbors, fired from their job, or (as I recall having happened a few times in Illinois in the 80s) be woken by firemen when somebody with more strict religions beliefs than theirs firebombed their garage.

Now the pendulum has swung the other way, but at least the PC folk rarely firebomb their foes. Doesn't mean I agree with them, but I'm less frightened by their antics now than the Christians I used to run into decades ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Do we start allowing a fantasy gender choice on forms like driver's licenses for people who get otoplasty for pointy ears (like Dr. Spock) as Vulcans?
Most people believe that gender pronouns should match current genitalia. Simple and to the point.

And BTW, Dr. Spock's ears were normal.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 01-02-2016 at 03:44 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 05:43 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
So transgender women are in danger of being assaulted if they use the men's room, by straight men rapists, and women are in danger of being assaulted (apparently) by straight men rapists if transgender women use the women's room.

Who's the issue here again?

(Hint: it isn't the women (transgender or otherwise)).

Old 01-02-2016, 08:50 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Um, but what if you mistakenly use the wrong pronoun?

I'm a bank teller and someone wanted to cash a check. I honestly thought that the person was an unattractive male. No make-up, no jewelry, and a plain, boring outfit. This person smelled like cigarettes. When I got his ID, it said that he was "male". The name on the check was a feminine name (like Maria, Susan, Karen, etc.) and that's when I knew he was a transwoman.

Last edited by Pinkmani; 01-02-2016 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Wrong pronouns

Old 01-02-2016, 09:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post

I'm a bank teller and someone wanted to cash a check. I honestly thought that the person was an unattractive male. No make-up, no jewelry, and a plain, boring outfit. This person smelled like cigarettes. When I got his ID, it said that he was "male". The name on the check was a feminine name (like Maria, Susan, Karen, etc.) and that's when I knew he was a transwoman.
I asked the same thing earlier on. I think if it was a genuine mistake, this is of course fine. I don't think the law would cover a one time, genuine mistake. I think it's more directed towards mean-spirited, intentional commentary and refusal to be tolerant of others. But the thing is, this is a fine line.

I have an issue with the law itself but not the principle of the law. I think it's common sense that people, if they know the person is trans and don't mistake the gender by accident, call others by the gender or name they request.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Government-sanctioned Liberal fascism is a far bigger, more dangerous threat to America than Islamic (or homegrown) terrorism.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post

Or he was cashing someone else's check.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Or he was cashing someone else's check.

Bank tellers will be the first to be sued for failing to cash stolen checks. Better to just cash the checks than to take a chance at hurting MaryJoe's feelings.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:49 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Bank tellers will be the first to be sued for failing to cash stolen checks. Better to just cash the checks than to take a chance at hurting MaryJoe's feelings.
Transgender women are continual targets of nasty harassment and violence. This isn't just about hurt feelings! Jesus Christ, all people need to do is be civil to people who are different. That's it. We get it. You don't "believe" in it.

Well, bully for you.

People are so damn nasty. Often, the same people who whine on this board about Christian persecution are here, in any thread to do with transgenders, mocking and deriding.

Well, have a little empathy and compassion.

The golden rule applies to everyone, whether you understand them or not.

(Using the genetic you, not personal you, Javacoffee).

Old 01-03-2016, 09:56 AM

Sex workers who service men are targets for violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events