Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,068,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
While I am certainly no sympathizer with most of what's going on in Europe with these "refugees". I can't help but be sickened by the profoundly unChristian manner in which these Brits decided to "engage" their neighbors.
If walking through a British town with a cross is unChristian then what would threatening people's safety and telling them you've taken over be?
I don't think the backstory was clear enough though I'm guessing that this is the result past actions by the Muslims living in that area and their actions towards non-Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Absolutely concur - the Britain First group have it wrong - most white Brits are (thank god!) not religious. The UK is primarily, and should remain, a secular country. Where the British Christians have it right is to expose an Islamist agenda on the part of some.
So you're saying that Britain is NOT a Christian country, founded and run by the Church of England for a millennia?
Please explain the King/Queen of England and their being the head of said church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I initially felt that way, but then I realized all they did was walk through the neighborhood with crosses and were attacked. If they had just been allowed to walk through the neighborhood without attack, then we wouldn't even have any problems. They should be able to walk through a British town with crosses.
I assume there's a history in that town along the lines of a Christian "no go" zone where Sharia Law and such have taken hold and this group is tired of it then decided to highlight it.

The question for them (Britain) now is how do you dismantle/thwart such beliefs now that they've taken root.
Maybe have weekend BBQ comps in the middle of town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 07:58 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,408 times
Britain First are a bunch of right wing wankers that the vast majority of Brits either laugh at or are embarrassed by

Old 01-26-2016, 08:13 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,048,850 times
Hey guys!

Muslims and Christians fighting among themselves, which group is watching and laughing? This group is fighting the wrong crowd. They think they are doing the right thing, but they are just being played.

don't answer, otherwise you will probably get flagged by a mod not being PC

Old 01-26-2016, 08:49 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,824,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The question for them (Britain) now is how do you dismantle/thwart such beliefs now that they've taken root.

Be sure to smoke plenty of pork, too!

Old 01-26-2016, 09:05 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,408 times
Quote:
If walking through a British town with a cross is unChristian then what would threatening people's safety and telling them you've taken over be?
I don't think the backstory was clear enough though I'm guessing that this is the result past actions by the Muslims living in that area and their actions towards non-Muslims.

So you're saying that Britain is NOT a Christian country, founded and run by the Church of England for a millennia?
Please explain the King/Queen of England and their being the head of said church.

I assume there's a history in that town along the lines of a Christian "no go" zone where Sharia Law and such have taken hold and this group is tired of it then decided to highlight it.

back story is that Britain First are a bunch of fascist wankers trying ( and failing ) to stir up hatred

The Queen of England is used to bring in tourists and we put her head on our stamps and that's about it, she has many titles but they are just that. Titles. She's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces which means she watches soldiers parade in front of her ever so often, she has no say in what the armed forces actually do

Christianity/religion plays little part in England now - Sunday mornings most people are out walking the dogs, reading the paper, playing footy or down the pub

There's no Sharia Law anywhere in England, there are no no-go zones

Old 01-26-2016, 09:30 AM

865 posts, read 1,079,262 times
Christian Patrol? Cringeworthy.

I can only hold out hope that one day, RATIONAL people will 'take over'.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:13 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,583,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
back story is that Britain First are a bunch of fascist wankers trying ( and failing ) to stir up hatred

The Queen of England is used to bring in tourists and we put her head on our stamps and that's about it, she has many titles but they are just that. Titles. She's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces which means she watches soldiers parade in front of her ever so often, she has no say in what the armed forces actually do

Christianity/religion plays little part in England now - Sunday mornings most people are out walking the dogs, reading the paper, playing footy or down the pub

There's no Sharia Law anywhere in England, there are no no-go zones

Not according to ex-police officers free to speak their minds (ie the people who actually have to go to places, not armchair theorists). Of course you can say what you want to pretend its all rosy - the concrete PC view. But that's intellectually dishonest. There are some no-go areas.

You are entirely right about the basic irrelevance of religion in England otherwise. Its a modern secular state with some touristy decorations from the past, like the Queen and the great architecture and ruins.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:13 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,085,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
it just sad to see muslims are not assimilating.
how will it be resolved? or ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6XcyXsxXU
This looks staged, however I think its real. Folks showed some real sentimental emotion in this video about identity with Britain. As for Britain's rise of Muslims living there? Britain should blame itself for having an empire where nearly a good portion of its subjects were Muslims. When British Empire dissolved plenty of Muslims from former British colonies in South Asia, Middle East and Africa migrated to Britain to make up for labor shortages during the Cold War Period. This clash between Christian and Muslim, East VS West is not going to subsided anytime soon in the near future. Europe as a whole is in big trouble. In the former European colonies of the Western Hempisphere, like here in the US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina, Muslims and other religious sects assimilate after 1 generation or even sooner. Europe as a whole is in big trouble due to the fact that they alienate, and marginalize ethnic religious groups and minorities which can fan Islamic extremism, but on the flip side this can cause reactionary groups like right wing fascists and left wing soclaist or communist to take over. Remember World War 2 and Cold War and the atrocities committed by fascists and communists?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 01-26-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-26-2016, 10:18 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,606,030 times
Quote:
That's rather harsh and insulting to millions of peaceful people don't you think?

I think you could say that very same thing about rabid followers of any belief system, be it religion, anti-religion or anti-fur, animal rights, vegans,environmentalists etc.

Rabid and unquestioning belief in anything while suspending one's common sense,common decency and sense of right and wrong is the bigger issue in my mind.
You are correct (on all counts).
Devout anything usually leads to suspense of common sense, common decency, etc. Yes, atheism, vegans, etc. also fall into this category.

I am not against religion. I am not an atheist (I think atheism falls into the category of its own fanaticism). I'm not religious but I wouldn't necessarily ban any faith from being practiced unless it infringes on the safety, rights, and well being of others.

The point I was trying to make is that these confrontations between the Christians and Muslims in Britain - where both sides are screaming at each other without listening to each other - defies common sense and the common denominator is (extreme) religion. One set of devout followers is yelling at the other set of devout followers over which book (Bible / Quran) is more correct and spatting over territory (or country) like a bunch of feral cats.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:25 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,767,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Religion is the problem. Religion is the root of all of these problems. None of these conversations or confrontations would be taking place if it weren't for religion.

F**k Islam and f**k Christianity. F**k religion.

Communism killed more people than religion did in the 20th century. The problem isn't religion specifically, the problem is any ideology that is intolerant of dissent. Those types of ideologies can be secular or spiritual in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events