Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:25 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
You are correct (on all counts).
Devout anything usually leads to suspense of common sense, common decency, etc. Yes, atheism, vegans, etc. also fall into this category.

I am not against religion. I am not an atheist (I think atheism falls into the category of its own fanaticism). I'm not religious but I wouldn't necessarily ban any faith from being practiced unless it infringes on the safety, rights, and well being of others.

The point I was trying to make is that these confrontations between the Christians and Muslims in Britain - where both sides are screaming at each other without listening to each other - defies common sense and the common denominator is (extreme) religion. One set of devout followers is yelling at the other set of devout followers over which book (Bible / Quran) is more correct and spatting over territory (or country) like a bunch of feral cats.
Except Britain First aren't Christian, they were waving bunch of crosses around to antagonize and make it look like a religious war. I seriously doubt any of them have been near a church and they don't read the bible as it has too many big words in it for them

"The march has been condemned by members of the Christian community"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Not according to ex-police officers free to speak their minds (ie the people who actually have to go to places, not armchair theorists). Of course you can say what you want to pretend its all rosy - the concrete PC view. But that's intellectually dishonest. There are some no-go areas.

You are entirely right about the basic irrelevance of religion in England otherwise. Its a modern secular state with some touristy decorations from the past, like the Queen and the great architecture and ruins.
Britain First ( and before that the NF) had some police supporters so ex-police officers speaking off the record doesn't add up to much
Where did i claim everything was rosy? I'm not saying there aren't problems, just pointing out that anything Britain First said is BS and I don't want to see those wankers given any sort of credence or publicity. They don't represent Britain

Old 01-26-2016, 10:37 AM

3,911 posts, read 4,564,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I initially felt that way, but then I realized all they did was walk through the neighborhood with crosses and were attacked. If they had just been allowed to walk through the neighborhood without attack, then we wouldn't even have any problems. They should be able to walk through a British town with crosses.
Do the Muslims in the UK walk through streets promoting their faith? Do British Muslims really have an allergic reaction to seeing crosses or something?

Old 01-26-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Do the Muslims in the UK walk through streets promoting their faith? Do British Muslims really have an allergic reaction to seeing crosses or something?
No, but Britain does have a history of fighting fascist demonstrations

Old 01-26-2016, 11:16 AM

3,911 posts, read 4,564,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post

There's no Sharia Law anywhere in England, there are no no-go zones
Hmm... I'll have to call my British friend. He said there were, although I don't think he said they were "official". Maybe he was speaking of the fact that there are neighborhoods where the religion is extreme and is in fact dangerous.

BTW, he's a full blown bleeding heart liberal, so he's not coming from a right wing perspective.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:20 AM

29 posts, read 29,129 times
Pakistanis have ruined that country. Not only are they the most conservative of peoples around but they are also the worst at assimilating, progressing and are generally lower class. Now they want to accept more coming in on fake passports, while the progressive ones in South Asia and East Asia are left to live in poverty!

Old 01-26-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Hmm... I'll have to call my British friend. He said there were, although I don't think he said they were "official". Maybe he was speaking of the fact that there are neighborhoods where the religion is extreme and is in fact dangerous.

BTW, he's a full blown bleeding heart liberal, so he's not coming from a right wing perspective.
There's some areas in Britain I wouldn't want to go walking around in the wrong footy shirt or carrying an iPhone - does that make them a 'no go' area? I'm sure your friend wouldn't go walking around the rough areas of Glasgow, Cardiff, London, Nottingham etc

Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 AM

5,079 posts, read 2,293,444 times
Quote:
Yes, they do. Sharia Patrols. "I want to see Sharia law in Europe. I want to see it in America, too."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra45nX9JmW4

Old 01-26-2016, 11:36 AM

No they don't and if they try they get arrested

Old 01-26-2016, 12:03 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,244,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Religion is the problem. Religion is the root of all of these problems. None of these conversations or confrontations would be taking place if it weren't for religion.

F**k Islam and f**k Christianity. F**k religion.
Christianity and Christians are hardly the problem facing Europe. In fact, it may end up being the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events